Jumping the gun again

MisterC

It's a forum and some people get too worked up. Myself included on occasion. But this is what it's for...letting off steam with your RM Rangers family and then being told to snap out of it - albeit not always in the nicest of manners haha:)  

We want the title ourselves so badly so emotions will run high for some when things don't go to plan and let's be honest, we have watched some incredible football from these players first half of season, so it stands to reason that fans want more and more....as someone else has mentioned on this thread.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One can only but comment on what they see in front of their eyes. The good, the bad and the indifferent.

With the scum's recent trophy winning feast, their financal clout and helping hand from the officials, we are more in hope than expectation. 

We had much hope before the break, but on return, after three dispassionate disjointed performances, the loss of two of our best players and a defeat against the biggest dugshite in the league, it's only human nature, so no apologies needed for those letting out some emotional steam and in amongst all the hysterical rantings, there lies some truth to be found. Deny that and you're a bigger fool than the sanctimonious.

Too easy for the sanctimonious to stay stoom during the mass hysteria after a defeat, (it's only football we're talking after all!) only to come back and pontificate what a load of fools and surrender monkeys we all are.

I seriously doubt anyone thinks we are out of the title race, but much shite and some home truths will be spoken in defeat such is the passion to be found in the peoples game. Lose that and we'd all be better going to watch net ball, or worse, go and watch the other lot!

People either haven’t witnessed what a title race is like, or have forgotten about it. Even the great Rangers teams lost multiple games a season. 

No denying yesterday was awful and a kick in the baws, but the title race isn’t over. Just like it wasn’t won with a victory at celtic park. Still plenty to play for and it’s in our own hands. 

Do also have to remember that any football fanbase will be filled with raging zoomers who don’t understand the game, who usually come out to play after a bad result.

I’ve stopped questioning some of Gerrard’s decisions on here because it’s not worth the hassle of people jumping down your throat. Getting excited and yelling about Stevie G for 55 is not for me until we actually do it.

All I’ll say is that I still have the same worries that I had when we appointed him - mainly the fact he is learning his trade still.

However, despite being comprehensively outplayed and outfought yesterday and having Defoe (who I’ve criticised once October) playing a completely unsuitable role and all the other tactics issues, the league is still in our hands. We remain in a good position. The alarm bells will only start ringing if we drop points against Ross County.

Judgement should be reserved until we see the reaction because it’s the reactions to setbacks which win league titles.

If anyone thinks the OF win was pointless, you need your head checked. People still talk about Alex Miller’s winner in 1980. We finished 3rd that season. But besides that, if we didn’t win we would be even further behind them and all points go towards winning fucking titles.

You can understand the disappointment and even anger at that performance yesterday. Some of the stuff said about gerrard  however was away over the top though in my opinion. He made the mistake of playing Flanagan for sure but the rest of the blame rests with the players who let him, themselves and all of us down massively. There are one or two posters that only appear after results like yesterday, usually to give gerrard stick. I certainly never noticed them  posting after the game on the 29th. He has made mistakes but the impact in a positive sense he has had on the club far outweigh them surely. 

We were absolutely terrible there is no papering over the cracks of that. 
We haven’t kicked a ball since the break against part timers and 2 of the worst teams in top tier. 

The manager claims he never saw it coming and looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights in the post match. 
But aye don’t worry it’s just a bump in the road, sad part is we seem to keep hitting the same bloody bumps all the time. 

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

You can understand the disappointment and even anger at that performance yesterday. Some of the stuff said about gerrard  however was away over the top though in my opinion. He made the mistake of playing Flanagan for sure but the rest of the blame rests with the players who let him, themselves and all of us down massively. There are one or two posters that only appear after results like yesterday, usually to give gerrard stick. I certainly never noticed them  posting after the game on the 29th. He has made mistakes but the impact in a positive sense he has had on the club far outweigh them surely. 

Same mistakes he keeps making and his team seem to have performances like yesterday in their locker far too often. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We were absolutely terrible there is no papering over the cracks of that. 
We haven’t kicked a ball since the break against part timers and 2 of the worst teams in top tier. 

The manager claims he never saw it coming and looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights in the post match. 
But aye don’t worry it’s just a bump in the road, sad part is we seem to keep hitting the same bloody bumps all the time. 

Hearts looked to have turned a corner under their new manager, they’re definitely one of the better teams we’ve played this year. Found it quite worrying we had no answer to their high tempo pressing game.

Just now, They Gnu said:

Hearts looked to have turned a corner under their new manager, they’re definitely one of the better teams we’ve played this year. Found it quite worrying we had no answer to their high tempo pressing game.

They didn’t have a shot on target against Ross County the game before, first win since he took over. 
The answer was you work harder than they do, if they are high pressing they have to be leaving space in behind for us to find our midfield looked like they couldn’t find their arse with a map never mind find space in behind a high press  game plan. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They didn’t have a shot on target against Ross County the game before, first win since he took over. 
The answer was you work harder than they do, if they are high pressing they have to be leaving space in behind for us to find our midfield looked like they couldn’t find their arse with a map never mind find space in behind a high press  game plan. 

At times we look like a Warburton team with players reluctant to put the laces through the ball. You’re right about finding space when we’re being pressed but all three of our midfielders couldn’t find a pass between them Sunday and our long range shots when we did have a go we’re amateurish. 

Just now, They Gnu said:

At times we look like a Warburton team with players reluctant to put the laces through the ball. You’re right about finding space when we’re being pressed but all three of our midfielders couldn’t find a pass between them Sunday.

Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game of football by any team and the whole team are off it at the same time. 
Plus it wasn’t just a case of passes going missing and missed chances, they looked like they had never seen a ball before or played together for 18 months. 

tbh the "have faith" crew are about as bad as the "league's over" one.

Of course we're still in it but we're another off day from having to win every remaining game of the season for it to be in our hands.

Scum now strong favourites, albeit that could change within a match if they lose one of the next few coming up.

It's been 3 poor games in a row now for us though, it's not like Hearts was completely out of the blue.

15 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

We had two piss poor performances before it and you could smell it coming and only to the worst team in the league.

Flanagan aside, is Ojo a gamechanger? One with the yellow streak down his back wider than the clyde?

And if anyone hasn't worked out that Aribo is full of shitebaggery by now they need a white stick and yesterday was the epitomy of it. 

Then the high baws to Hateley. Oh wait a minute!

None of that is title winning form and he is being very predictiable with his failings and they woulldn't even be hard to fix. Our haters will learn more from our defeats than they will from our victories

I love Gerrard to bits, but he is not infallible just like every other manager and human being.  He has got much right and taken us a long way in improving us no end, but he does have a blind spot for some and it needs to end. Also, when it's Defoe up front he needs to change the system and play to the guy's strengths ffs. Not fucking hard.

TBH, I haven't seen any OTT remarks about Gerrard, but I have seen much worse previously. He is however not without criticism when it's due.

In conclusion, it's football and it's all about opnions and stretched emotions, particularly in our case, having been through a drought of eight years long, so expectations are high and another season without honours just the worst, as we will NOT be stopping the scum if they're going for 10iar if we fail to stop them this season. 

Yes there is some truth in what the OP states, but is also being rather disingenuous. It's football ffs and no room for turning into sanctimonious virtue signallers or we'd be as well chucking it! 

We'll leave the woke culture to the taigs. End of.

Archived