Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

6 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I’ve said before Gerrard will go at the end of this season regardless. 

If he wins he’s know he’d need to rebuild to challenge again and if he loses he won’t want to be the manager of Rangers when they win 10. 

Nailed it........

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re still in three competitions so I’m not quitting my belief that we can do something in each competition as I’ve seen us play some fantastic football.

Ive also seen us drop points and particularly these last five points because we couldn’t take our chances when these games could have been won.

There’s also the cup final and getting out the groups was massive in reflection on where we were in the last few years but ten years ago our aim was getting out the CL’s groups and the ultimately is still where we as a club must get back to, along with 55.

Yes he gets another season but I’m not so sure if it was a ridiculous points margin but the pendulum can swing again to us this season.

I’ll never give it up until it’s mathematically impossible no matter how disappointed I feel as although the belief might be slipping the hope is always there.

I'm not writing this league off yet like a lot of other have.  However if he doesn't deliver a trophy this year its an absolute must next season.  Two years rebuilding the club from top to bottom without delivering a trophy is ample enough time. If a manager at Rangers cant win a trophy in three seasons after having spent x amount of millions then you are a failure in my eyes regardless of how pretty or attractive the football is. I want trophy winning football, nothing more nothing less. 

25 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Gerrard gets a lot of respect with his character and history in the game and because he has improved our general football standards from the low ebb of the likes of Warburton and Caixinha.  But he can't live off that forever and the fact we've collapsed after the winter break yet again is very hard to forgive  

Bit early for a collapse.    A couple of significant wobbles yes.   Fail to get a win on Wednesday and defeat in the cup then collapse it is.  

No trophies again would see any other manager sacked. This 'Gerrard effect' pish amongst our support is embarrassing. 

Domestically he is failing. Cunts need to get over this starstruck bullshit and start asking questions. 

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

There's been enough progress to warrant sticking with the guy, he's done some great things. He needs to sort out what's gone wrong since the break though, he should have learned from last season but unfortunately it seems like he hasn't.

There's a great manager in there. I know there is.

What 'great things' has he done?

36 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

If he wins he’s know he’d need to rebuild to challenge again and if he loses he won’t want to be the manager of Rangers when they win 10. 

If he intends to leave at the end of the season why did he sign a 2 year extension to his contract in December?  His current contract has 4 and half years to run.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

If he intends to leave at the end of the season why did he sign a 2 year extension to his contract in December?  His current contract has 4 and half years to run.  

I don't know what his intentions are but contracts in football are virtually meaningless these days

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

I don't know what his intentions are but contracts in football are virtually meaningless these days

It means a great deal.  If Gerrard wants to leave he would need to buy out that contract.  Buying out a 4 and a half years contract would cost him millions.  Even if another club comes along and wants his services they would need to pay Rangers a huge sum of money.  If he intended to leave he would never have signed that extension.

If he has any hope of landing the Liverpool job he will need to be a spectacular success here first, which means winning  titles and trophies allied to decent European campaigns. bear in mind Liverpool will have the pick of the stall of top drawer managers when Klopp calls it a day, we are in a much better place than when he came in but  he is not perfect and the after break shambles needs addressed asap before they are out of sight.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

It means a great deal.  If Gerrard wants to leave he would need to buy out that contract.  Buying out a 4 and a half years contract would cost him millions.  Even if another club comes along and wants his services they would need to pay Rangers a huge sum of money.  If he intended to leave he would never have signed that extension.

There's so many examples of players and managers that leave or get sacked not long after signing a new contract. If the circumstances change enough then it's unlikely to stop a departure

15 minutes ago, Sket said:

No trophies again would see any other manager sacked. This 'Gerrard effect' pish amongst our support is embarrassing. 

Domestically he is failing. Cunts need to get over this starstruck bullshit and start asking questions. 

like McCoist I’m always separating the player from the manager but I’m not giving up just yet and that’s down to the good, when it is good

43 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

To be fair he doesn't seem the type to stand down from a challenge. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

like McCoist I’m always separating the player from the manager but I’m not giving up just yet and that’s down to the good, when it is good

Any good counts for nothing when you hand them 9/10 in a row.

17 minutes ago, TMB said:

Why do you sign players up to a longer deal and then sell them in the next window?

9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It wouldn't be right mate.  If they get 10 then that's the time to start over. 

10 ?   Wtf.!    Start over ?  That  will  never happen or be allowed to  happen

why you are even talking about this ?

Ffs

Archived