We need to get behind SG and the team - they have been excellent and can still win the league

Blue_Devil

It might not be impossible yet but it's over. 

Gerrard's not got a clue.

Players are shite and uninterested except for getting their wages. Playing for the club/fans means nothing to them.

Other teams try their hardest against us yet lie down and lube up when it's the filth. 

Even if we play at our absolute best we still need to worry about the officials giving goals/decisions against us. 

If we want to win the league we need Gerrard to wake up, bring in players who have some fight/passion in them, and be winning games beyond any doubt. I mean going out there and putting at least 3 goals past the teams so that even the refs can't do anything. Look at the game against them in December. Ref tried his damn hardest to win them the game but we were too good.

Also maybe don't fucking bottle it after the break. We were so close then shat it like we did last season. 

So aye maybe we could still win the league but it's very unlikely. The management nor players give me any hope. Not good enough for this club as it stands. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Over the season we have been excellent and have a record that would put us top of most leagues in Europe. Plenty teams have had a stumble and are back on their way back to the top, from Plymouth to Bayern Munich.

The important thing is to get calm, determined heads back on, and the crowd can help with that.

SG has picked up an average of 2.4 points per game. To put it in context, here are our points per game from 9 in a row (adjusted to 3 points for a win):

1988/89: 2.27

1989/90: 1.97

1990/91: 2.19

1991/92: 2.38

1992/93: 2.41*

1993/94: 1.81

1994/95: 1.91

1995/96: 2.42*

1996/97: 2.22

So the current team have results on a par with the most prolific 9 in a row teams. Only 2 have a better points per game than the current Rangers team (marked with *). A win tomorrow would put SG this season on a higher points per game than any season from 9IAR.

It is a different era and a different context but this team has also gone further in Europe than many of the 9IAR teams. SG's results are not just about a poor SPFL. This team does not deserve abuse. The league is not over, others will drop points. We have a game in hand and 2 games to come against the leaders. We have battered them twice and can do so again. Now is the time for calm, clinical heads.

Dream on

1 hour ago, BillyG91 said:

It might not be impossible yet but it's over. 

Gerrard's not got a clue.

Players are shite and uninterested except for getting their wages. Playing for the club/fans means nothing to them.

Other teams try their hardest against us yet lie down and lube up when it's the filth. 

Even if we play at our absolute best we still need to worry about the officials giving goals/decisions against us. 

If we want to win the league we need Gerrard to wake up, bring in players who have some fight/passion in them, and be winning games beyond any doubt. I mean going out there and putting at least 3 goals past the teams so that even the refs can't do anything. Look at the game against them in December. Ref tried his damn hardest to win them the game but we were too good.

Also maybe don't fucking bottle it after the break. We were so close then shat it like we did last season. 

So aye maybe we could still win the league but it's very unlikely. The management nor players give me any hope. Not good enough for this club as it stands. 

Truth.

Maybe have the players meet the fans for half an hour or so prior to a game.  Join in a sing-song or two. in The Louden or The Bristol Bar.  Listen to stories of past glories and what the blue jersey means. Hear how hard it can be to go into work after a defeat.  Check out what time our fans are rising all over the world to follow, follow and how much is owed  to so many especially the older geezers (like me).   

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Maybe it’s about time the board, management and players earned our backing?

Bold statement from myself here but I honestly reckon we will see a different Rangers team today I fully expect them to come out guns blazing and show the fans they deserve to play for this club.

A wee 1-0 win wont do it for me today, Personally I want at least 4 or 5 against them or more 

Pure optimism loyal 😂

I think you are putting the cart before the horse.

Aye it sounds great to get behind the team win-lose or draw but when you know the team are capable of so much more it’s very difficult  to go out and encourage diminishing quality on the park and a management team that look bereft of ideas.

If the team start looking like the one that battered the tarriers before the new year then I’m sure 100% of the fans will back them to the hilt.

10 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

I get you mate, but that’s us winning every game, which we don’t look like doing. 
hope I’m proved wrong though lad 

I don't even think I'll happen either mate but we can still make it a bit more respectable, at the very least. We'll soon see. 

Our collection of shitebag cowards have proven they don’t have the stomach for the title fight.  I fully expect now the pressure’s off that we’ll go on a run and finish the season not far behind the paedos. All very good doing it when it ultimately doesn’t matter though isn’t it?  

I used to think Aberdeen should be a tougher game for them especially up there,but every year Aberdeen just lie down in all there fixtures against them. It's like they are beaten before they even go out on the park.

17 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Over the season we have been excellent and have a record that would put us top of most leagues in Europe. Plenty teams have had a stumble and are back on their way back to the top, from Plymouth to Bayern Munich.

The important thing is to get calm, determined heads back on, and the crowd can help with that.

SG has picked up an average of 2.4 points per game. To put it in context, here are our points per game from 9 in a row (adjusted to 3 points for a win):

1988/89: 2.27

1989/90: 1.97

1990/91: 2.19

1991/92: 2.38

1992/93: 2.41*

1993/94: 1.81

1994/95: 1.91

1995/96: 2.42*

1996/97: 2.22

So the current team have results on a par with the most prolific 9 in a row teams. Only 2 have a better points per game than the current Rangers team (marked with *). A win tomorrow would put SG this season on a higher points per game than any season from 9IAR.

It is a different era and a different context but this team has also gone further in Europe than many of the 9IAR teams. SG's results are not just about a poor SPFL. This team does not deserve abuse. The league is not over, others will drop points. We have a game in hand and 2 games to come against the leaders. We have battered them twice and can do so again. Now is the time for calm, clinical heads.

I'll need to find out if my local can get the brand of real ale you are drinking.  It seems to be quality fecking kit. 

Archived