After Thursday night's victory, how will we all feel?

The Widow's Son

23 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

We are far superiour in europe than the league. Our set up seems to favour that type of football

Not really. It's just less physical and we get more space and time, so with us being a bit soft it suits us, but at the end of the day, the better teams in it will simply wipe the floor with us.  Sadly that's the reality. We've done well,  but I would be surprised if we get much further.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

If the league is blown, why should we just not care about europe? 

If u would rather win the spl over the Europa League you are one of the "zoomers"

I would rather win the SPL 

Still want to go as far in the Europa league as possible but ending the fenian grip on Scottish football is the most important thing right now.

I must be one of the zoomers 😆

Genuinely think we’ll go further in Europe. Be some achievement either way but I’d give it all up for the league title. 

Be good if we got the win on Thursday and the players went on a 8-10 game winning run domestically but again the flip side is that we slag diddy clubs for upping it against us, if we done the same against Braga I’d probably be more frustrated that the league season has panned out the way it has rather than happy with the win

23 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would rather win the SPL 

Still want to go as far in the Europa league as possible but ending the fenian grip on Scottish football is the most important thing right now.

I must be one of the zoomers 😆

Really? U think that? A europa cup winning squad would be remembered forever!! Stopping 9iar would be remember for a while 

Fightback starts on Thursday , Jesus how many out of touch fans do we actually have ?

The league is over, how on earth anyone thinks we can win and not drop any points while hoping they have a number of clangers ........the mind truly boggles.

24 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Really? U think that? A europa cup winning squad would be remembered forever!! Stopping 9iar would be remember for a while 

Stopping celtic is far more important than any cup we can win, being successful domestically is your bread and butter. Obviously I'd love to win a European trophy but let's be honest here, how can we "hope" to be the best in the Europa when we're miles off being the best in a domestic  league that lacks serious quality.

A lot of fans are a bit carried away with some of our performances in Europe. 

The reality is we have been fairly fortunate with the draw both this year and last year.  Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow, Young Boys, Feyenoord and the like are extremely average sides.  We beat a Porto side from a Portuguese league that is miles behind the quality of the Premier League and La Liga. 

So this idea that European football suits us is not really true. We have just beaten average teams. 

As an earlier post a says a team of genuine quality will wipe the floor with us. 

Would be great to get a win on Thursday for the finances however. 

25 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Stopping celtic is far more important than any cup we can win, being successful domestically is your bread and butter. Obviously I'd love to win a European trophy but let's be honest here, how can we "hope" to be the best in the Europa when we're miles off being the best in a domestic  league that lacks serious quality.

Ano am not saying i think we can! A just think winning european competition is a far greater achievement than the SPL.

Ps. Looking at it we have a better chance of winning the Europa than the league

Hopefully the games came a good time to turn things around , European football seems to suit us better, beat Braga , draw Inter Milan 👍🏻, San Siro before it’s knocked down and they give you more or less the full behind the goals 👍🏻👌🏻

I must be honest and say I'm finding it really difficult to get up for Thursdays game. 

I'm sure come ko I will be buzzing but the league was all that mattered to me this season.

Feel absolutely deflated since the turn of the year in regards to Rangers tbh.

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Worry about Europe next season, it’s a distraction for us now, we need to find form and win the cup, progression in Europe is all very well but it won’t put silverware on the table.

Well... if yopu progress to a certain point then....it does put silverware on the table :pipe: 

The priority and the bigger picture is always winning the league, everything else is a bonus or a distraction depending on how you look at it.

Not winnng it, gives the scum the opportunity yet again to get a shot at the CL group stages and all the cash that goes with it, which only increases the gap between us and them. If we are ever to catch up with them, barring a billionnaire investor, we need to take that title.

It's as simple as that.

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Worry about Europe next season, it’s a distraction for us now, we need to find form and win the cup, progression in Europe is all very well but it won’t put silverware on the table.

From where we were just 2-3 seasons ago, I’m buzzing. I don’t want to worry about Europe next season. Can’t keep thinking about it that way. We’re where we are on merit and that shouldn’t be taken away from a young upcoming team. Yes, it’s not looking good for the league right now, but we can only battle what’s put in front of us and see if we can get further in any of these competitions. Get past Braga hopefully and it’s all gravy and money to build the strength of the squad for next year.  Just don’t fucking surrender even with the shit we deal with in Scotland.  

1 hour ago, Mcloy_72 said:

I'll be having a ball,I'm sick a hearing bhears saying they don't give a shit about europe.at would they know about Rangers.

Off course I want the league,but let's not knock europe.

Don't think anyone is, it's more knocking the we can win it.

I mean cmon, it's far harder to win that than our league.

We all love European games but right here and now the only thing that matters is the league. I'm sure if you could have the option of European trophy this year or league title the highest percentage of bluenose will say league........that's how important it is right here and now.

If we were to stop them doing 9iar and next year we had the same question then yeah Europe but with 10iar on the horizon it's just a horrible thought that makes me sick and very angry.

Archived