Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We can't keep on running back to Walter every time it goes tits up. 

That’s a fair comment mate but to be honest I’ve no idea where we go from here and Walter seems the save pair of hands. All pie in the sky anyway because I don’t believe for a minute he would come out of retirement. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We can't keep on running back to Walter every time it goes tits up. 

I think this is a different situation to anything we’ve ever faced though.  We need a winner in that seat, a guy that has been there and won it all.   A guy that can get that extra 10% out of even the shite players.   A guy the players fear if it does go wrong. 

If Gerrard does go I wish him the best of luck, he has improved our team 10 fold and if only he could of learned from his mistakes sooner I’m sure he would of got his wish and won plenty silverware with Rangers. Hope he takes from this that he shouldn’t have favourites and at the end of the day players that’s not good enough will lose you your job.

8 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Just seen a screen grab that the players have been called into training centre.Kevin Thomson and Lovenkrands till end of the season! Anybody confirm??

Mate is in a group chat with a first team player saying it is nonesense.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I think this is a different situation to anything we’ve ever faced though.  We need a winner in that seat, a guy that has been there and won it all.   A guy that can get that extra 10% out of even the shite players.   A guy the players fear if it does go wrong. 

As much as Walter coming back would give me a rager, I don’t want him to, I would hate these players to ruin all the good he has done for us. 

Just now, Ayrblue1 said:

As much as Walter coming back would give me a rager, I don’t want him to, I would hate these players to ruin all the good he has done for us. 

We had worse players under le guen and he turned it around in no time.  Granted he had a January window to bring in two good defenders. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fucking behave yourself. We might not have many but do have some.

Ojo over Hagi? Care to explain.

A spineless dug shit of a captain. Care to explain?

Mate, if you have read my posts, Ojo would never be near the team and I would have Polster in before Tavernier.  Hagi should’ve been playing from the start.  Defoe just coming back from injury, Morelos going awol, and Kamberi cup tied. We were fucked for options as you saw with Stewart starting. 

After time to reflect, I still back the manager. He has made some mistakes but with the exception of yesterdays second half, we are a better side than we were. He needs some advice and I don't mean from Klopp. I think he may be a little hard at hearing at times but if he is willing to listen, I still think he will go on to be a great manager. From a marketing point of view, there is no-one better to represent the club. People say he is too soft, well he rightfully suspended our best player yesterday. It's playing the same formation that is letting him down the most.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

Even if he hasn't left, the clock starts ticking as soon as you start seriously talking about it. If the club is actively denying it and therefore responding to the gossip, that doesn't bode well for him being here long term.

Rarely turns around when you slag the players collectively.

Just now, GOAT said:

We had worse players under le guen and he turned it around in no time.  Granted he had a January window to bring in two good defenders. 

Also most of the players he brought in, I’d say he knew well, he’s been out the game a while and I don’t reckon he will have a pool of players he could bring in he could trust. 
I do get what you mean about the le guen era though. My worry is mainly that he’s been out the game too long. I would absolutely love it if he came back though mate 

22 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Gerrard will be here till the end of next season, unless the board sack him.

He’s too big a name for the board to sack, not a chance are they making that decision.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Rumours are he’s off 

Doubt it. That's not how he sees himself. His reputation as a winner with guts would evaporate.  Not, he'll be thinking about everything from tactics, formations and personnel to loyalty,  guts and ability. 

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Even if he hasn't left, the clock starts ticking as soon as you start seriously talking about it. If the club is actively denying it and therefore responding to the gossip, that doesn't bode well for him being here long term.

Correct. Poor leadership quality. Strength of character not there. Bit like the team tbh, so it does rub off. Damaged goods. No board can trust anyone in a key position with leaving on the mind and put the business in jeopardy.

The board will now be scurrying for a contingency plan in case he fucks off. Once that happens, there is no way back.

He's gone, wether he likes it or not. Knowing Dave he will have some plan in mind not to pay him fuck all. Has someone just tapoed up Gerrard?!

3 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Doubt it. That's not how he sees himself. His reputation as a winner with guts would evaporate.  Not, he'll be thinking about everything from tactics, formations and personnel to loyalty,  guts and ability. 

Just saw a pig fly past the window.

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

After time to reflect, I still back the manager. He has made some mistakes but with the exception of yesterdays second half, we are a better side than we were. He needs some advice and I don't mean from Klopp. I think he may be a little hard at hearing at times but if he is willing to listen, I still think he will go on to be a great manager. From a marketing point of view, there is no-one better to represent the club. People say he is too soft, well he rightfully suspended our best player yesterday. It's playing the same formation that is letting him down the most.

You think yesterdays second half was a blip?

Some of our fans are absolutely blinded by the name Steven Gerrard.

Archived