Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, TMB said:

There was an article posted on here just a day or two ago that discussed some of these issues.  Scottish football has more long balls than most leagues, including England.  So the high press is less effective when the oppositions first pass is a punt in to our penalty area.  The game in Scotland is also refereed differently than other places and is generally more physical.  Gerrard has brought in a lot of technical players which is most probably the reason we’re doing so well in Europe.  While physicality and technical ability aren’t mutually exclusive finding guys who are the complete package isn’t easy, or cheap.  Rangers can move towards a more physical and direct brand of football but it would be removed from the more modern approach everyone else in Europe is taking.  

I agree we need more physicality.  A big commanding CF would be a start.  But, we shouldn’t write off everything we’ve worked towards until now either.  

We've definitely gone too heavy on the technical side with recruitment.  I agree with you that we shouldn't write off everything, going gun ho in the opposite direction won't help either. 

We need to get the balance right. In this league you do need a couple of players that can impose themselves on the opposition. Win the battles so the more technical players can do thier jobs. 

We have very few of those players in the sqaud. That needs changed in the summer. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we're not there already, we're close to the point where so many cunts actually don't want Gerrard to turn this around and be successful as they don't want omlettes frying on their foaming at the mouth boiling red coupons.

Usual pish when people canny handle the fact they’re wrong.

56 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've definitely gone too heavy on the technical side with recruitment.  I agree with you that we shouldn't write off everything, going gun ho in the opposite direction won't help either. 

We need to get the balance right. In this league you do need a couple of players that can impose themselves on the opposition. Win the battles so the more technical players can do thier jobs. 

We have very few of those players in the sqaud. That needs changed in the summer. 

Successful teams need a strong spine, we don't have that. Ours is made of marshmallow.

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we're not there already, we're close to the point where so many cunts actually don't want Gerrard to turn this around and be successful as they don't want omlettes frying on their foaming at the mouth boiling red coupons.

Not so, but after getting humped on Saturday and he doesn't change our shape or drop Tav and Goldson, it tells you one of two things. He's either as thick as two short ones, or he is treating the fans like cunts. Some could argue for both.

So much for his 24 - 48 hour think!

Now I wonder who is first on the team sheet against Ross County?

There comes a point where even silly cunts wake up to getting treated like cunts and there are cunts who still sing the praises of the like of Tav.

Then there are even more spineless cunts who send out Andy to do an interview.

Go figure.

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolute pish. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Gerrard lift silverware here. Unfortunately I no longer believe that he is going to be able to do that given the way things have gone over the past few months. The last thing we need is starting again but at the moment I can only see things getting worse.

7 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

My No.1 choice. But realistically we couldn't afford his salary. The only hope we'd have if he did it for the love of Rangers to forgo such a high salary. 

Aye, probably on £100k a week absolute minimum over there managing in a league where they're just happy to have a big name but I'm sure he'd walk away from that to earn a fraction of the wage and be under pressure to win every game just for the love of Rangers.

Unbelievable.

Archived