Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As long as Bayram Tutumlu is out the picture I think Michael Laudrup would be a shout.

Ståle Solbakken or Åge Hariede are two I wouldn’t be opposed to. If Derby got rid of Cocu I wouldn’t be opposed to him either.

If Cocu leaves Derby I actually think that will be where Gerrard ends up. 

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As long as Bayram Tutumlu is out the picture I think Michael Laudrup would be a shout.

Ståle Solbakken or Åge Hariede are two I wouldn’t be opposed to. If Derby got rid of Cocu I wouldn’t be opposed to him either.

Is Cocu not having a stinker at Derby?

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Be very surprised if he's anywhere near that figure. A salary cap was introduced before he signed and his club are not big spenders.

He'll still be on a considerable wage. Man City's owners were supposedly looking at him to take over one of their clubs and he ditched it as soon as Guangzhou approached him.

£100k a week is still pretty low wages compared to some in that league.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is Cocu not having a stinker at Derby?

Yeah but I wouldn’t hold that against him. He did a good job at PSV (3 titles). Ideally we want a manager who has won titles at bigger clubs in a comparative league that have not dissimilar football cultures - Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway. 

I would genuinely test the water with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, it looks like he has took Bournemouth as far as he can and relegation is a serious option just now for Bournemouth.....if they were to go down I think there is a chance that there could be a parting of the ways from either side.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah but I wouldn’t hold that against him. He did a good job at PSV (3 titles). Ideally we want a manager who has won titles at bigger clubs in a comparative league that have not dissimilar football cultures - Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway

Great idea, our very own Ronny Deila. Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck sake, I obviously know you're not.

Just pointing out the flaw in the next manager must have won titles in somewhere like fucking Norway or Sweden.

I wouldn't touch a manager from Scandanavia even if they have won a league. Leagues are won with teams winning about two thirds of their games, not good enough to win leagues here.

Heard big Dunc getting interviewed on Radio 5 whilst he was doing the temporary job at Everton. Definitely  not the daft boy that left Ibrox to go down there. I was really impressed with him, but listening to him talking I don't think he would relish coming back to the shite he would get up here.

12 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

There’s more established managers but Duncan Ferguson did well for his short spell in charge of Everton. Give him the remainder of the season to see what he can do with the players we have. He also hates the corrupt SFA which is a major plus .

How many novice managers can one club have in nine years, McCoist, Murty, Gerrard...Duncan Ferguson.

I appreciate you're thinking outside the box but I don't think we need to try and reinvent the wheel here, if we need another manager this summer I want an experienced manager who has managed at a high level for a number of years, one who is motivated by a grave challange and one who has a history of building good, solid well organised teams.

Archived