The official Scottish cup final thread 2002

2nd Flute

Remember thinking at this stage back in 2002 .How annoyed we were losing and didn’t see us getting back into the game .It was Fergies free kick that changed it for us .And the scum got tired after that 

Look out for the blatant pen we should have got just before the winner .

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Do you think they have blanked out the Man of the Match hotline because spackers would actually be ringing in voting for Peter Lovenkrands?

Probably thinking the tarriers would phone up complaining about the songs.

I’ll tell you what wee Barry didn’t have make some errors in his career, and his columnist career wasn’t exactly pro Rangers at times but by fuck he was some player, some Captain and was and probably still is my hero in Gers shirt. Go on wee man.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Not that this matters but you have to wonder why celtic kept Rab Douglas for so long. He was always the weak link for them.

Probably because outside us no one tested them. That defence were brilliant that season. 18 goals against or something like that.

For everyone taking the piss out of Lennon in this thread, him Petrov and Lambert ran the show in Scotland for two years. We were outfought and outplayed for a lot of that period.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably because outside us no one tested them. That defence were brilliant that season. 18 goals against or something like that.

For everyone taking the piss out of Lennon in this thread, him Petrov and Lambert ran the show in Scotland for two years. We were outfought and outplayed for a lot of that period.

Lennon was a good holding mid, there's no denying it. Petrov was a good goalscoring mid after a shite first season. Tbh, Lambert was the one I thought least of, but he was a solid enough holding mid too.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Lennon was a good holding mid, there's no denying it. Petrov was a good goalscoring mid after a shite first season. Tbh, Lambert was the one I thought least of, but he was a solid enough holding mid too.

Lambert had Zidane in his back pocket in a European Cup final. Not technically a great player but was positionally and tactically a great player. 

Archived