Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

How can any poster on here answer that???

That there has been coercion, bullying, blatant lying, illegality (allowing Dundee to re-vote), ignoring their own rules when it suited them, making things up on the hoof etc, etc is as plain as day.

Everyone knows it and they have even agreed to an internal investigation.

In the last 24hrs we have publicly called out the Chairman (who would chair the internal investigation) and our most powerful PR asset (SG) has now gone on national tv to lambast them and call out the ludicrous notion that they can "mark their own homework" via an internal investigation.

I along with others would rather back and applaud our board for the stance they are taking rather than lambast them 

Well we have 416 pages at the moment and views in every single aspect of this clusterfuck, so why can we not have some ideas on how this changing the SPFL will work? Many posters have said over the last few days that is our main aim, so I am asking how that can be done.

I have no idea how it can be done because we would need the support of many clubs to get an EGM (I assume) to make changes in the SPFL board, who will step up and back us rather than them ?

I am still hoping we have some smoking gun to pull out, but every hour and day that passes I am less convinced that we do.

What Stevie said was great but a statement from our board asking for an independent inquiry and suspension of office bearers was ignored, so do we really think what was said today is going to have them changing their minds, I unfortunately don't.

I am just being realistic now after getting caught up in the this statement below from the 11th, and thinking we were going in for the kill. I hope I am wrong but I am just not sure now. 

Saturday, 11 April 2020, 15:00

by Rangers Football Club

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Galls me to say it or think it but i suspect us and them will get together and say we’ll vote yes to reconstruction and lobby others to vote if our Colts are two teams added.

I think so to. It’s something the club has pushed for significantly in recent years. 

All the different aspects of this are being muddled though. 

’Champions’/relegation - is done, was always going to be and the club wont fight it.

Reconstruction - club will vote depending what benefits us financially, in a sporting sense, including Colt teams

Process/governance & weak leadership of the SPFL - that’s what the club are fighting and looking to change. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

So I wasn't wrong you just didn't get the fact I was saying the top must be glued to the wall :lol:

Some would see that as simple oversight... some would see that as complete neglect to recognise a valid answer.

I blame my firewall and refuse to comment further on the matter.

2 minutes ago, bluebell.scot said:

Is there a reason why we should care how it “makes us look”?

If we’re calling out dubious behaviour by the SPFL, it doesn’t look great if we’re seen to go down the same path.

18 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Maybe because the whole thing was fucking rigged. The other clubs can go fuck themselves,who gave a toss about us 8 years ago? Your posts are getting more and more embarrassing, the spfl broke every rule in their own bent rule book but hey just roll over and let them shite on us again,no fucking thanks.

All I’m doing is trying to point out why it’s unlikely we will take legal action. The board obviously have a long term view to effect leadership change at the SPFL. That’s been effectively confirmed by eskbank. 

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Yes they did, Dundee scums board members celebrating drinking bottle of corona, how sick is that.

That should never be forgotten and raised at every opportunity..

A few weeks back before the lockdown saw a few posts on social media with group pics of folk swigging Corona etc ,Thought then that they were in poor taste and these pics would come back to haunt them 

Move forward to now and we have almost 1000 deaths in Scotland alone (probably more now) Anybody celebrating anything and allowing themselves to be pictured swigging Corona and gloating really needs to have a right good look at themselves ,sub fenian behaviour at best 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Why are Brechin not down to get relegated? Is that not the way it was before or is it cause Kelty and the other team would need to play a play off game and playoffs arent happening? 

Because Brechin have a place on the SPFL board ?

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s been pointed out many times on here before that Premiership clubs survived 4 seasons without income from us. If you go back to threads  on here from 2011 some of our own fans were even advocating then to be put down the divisions to cripple them. It didn’t work. Hell, they probably even thought they would be getting money from us again after 3 seasons but had to do without an extra year.

There is a big difference from the other clubs still playing each other when we weren’t in the league to them having to play us in near empty stadiums.

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Why are Brechin not down to get relegated? Is that not the way it was before or is it cause Kelty and the other team would need to play a play off game and playoffs arent happening? 

Because their chairman is on the board. As bias as it sounds, they are the only team to escape relegation.

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s been pointed out many times on here before that Premiership clubs survived 4 seasons without income from us. If you go back to threads  on here from 2011 some of our own fans were even advocating then to be put down the divisions to cripple them. It didn’t work. Hell, they probably even thought they would be getting money from us again after 3 seasons but had to do without an extra year.

It didn't work. Of course it did, did anyone of the challenge for the title apart from Aberdeen, once.

No everyone of them was financially hit, they made cuts, sold players, didn't pay as much in wages and overall the value of the club suffered.

Edit: In 2017 Aberdeen (no reason I have picked them) made a profit of just £533,000 for a £2m increase in turnover (£15.3m), up from £13.4 in 2016. 

In 2018, turnover was £15.4m and a loss of £440,000.

In 2019 they reported a turnover of £15.9m and a loss of £5m

The money isn't there. I'm sure not all premiership clubs are as bad (not chasing Europe or a decent cup run) but take Hearts, shit scared that they might be out the PL for 1 year.

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

There is a big difference from the other clubs still playing each other when we weren’t in the league to them having to play us in near empty stadiums.

How so?

Did St Johnstone suddenly take 1600 fans to Aberdeen away when we were down?

Did St Mirren fill the Chadwick and Moffat Stands at Rugby Park?

CAN there be any truth in the rumour Dundee owner John Helms had his mind changed by Albert Kidd?

That the curly-haired sub from 1986, who came off the bench at Dens Park to prevent Hearts from winning the league on the final day, whispered in the ear of the American and this time consigned Gorgie’s finest to relegation?

Why not? It would be less strange than a lot of stuff which has been going on.

There are some Hearts supporters who have never been quite the same since that dramatic Saturday on Tayside 36 years ago when a 2-0 win by Dundee handed Celticthe title – with seven minutes of the league season to go.

Whether this grand old Gorgie club, now staring at financial disaster, can recover fully from at least a year in the Championship is something we are about to find out. I feel for them.

Trust Scottish football to find the worst possible way to manage a disaster. I wouldn’t trust those who run our game, in the boardroom and inside the clubs themselves, to take the bins out.

What the SPFL have proposed, and what over 85 per cent of the clubs agreed to, reluctantly or not, is the least fair plan to deal with how to end the 2019/20 season.

When they are in a hole, the guardians of our game always ask for more shovels. If they are in a creek made of sticky brown stuff, they’ll throw away the paddles and then dive off the boat.

That the SPFL stated that prize money could only be handed out if the clubs agreed to their plan of ending the season now with all positions decided was immoral.

Clubs are dying. They need revenue. The cash is there. It only takes a few clicks of a mouse these days to do a money transfer. They should have done that on Friday and then more talks and a vote could have taken place.

They could have called it a loan if they wanted. Who cares?

Their appalling handling of this meant clubs voted against what they believed so they could keep the lights on. Or in Dundee’s case, voted and then changed their mind because in the real world you are totally allowed to cast a ballot paper and then walk back into the local primary school and declare a change of heart which gives said voter another go at it.

I have said all along that the only two options were for the season to end but with the league formats changed so that for one year only – and it’s a year like no other – nobody gets relegated. Those top win the league, those second in the bottom three divisions get promoted.

Or the campaign is played out whenever life gets back to normal.

Neither of these proposals are perfect. Not by a long shot. But in an era when British doctors and nurses are dying on the job, when pensioners are scared to leave their homes, the economy is tanking and us plebs are being told to be happy Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is out of hospital, perfection is impossible.

Those who claim no title can be won with eight or nine games to go are doing so while wearing tinted specs. We know it and they know we know it.

The Rangers propaganda machine has been in full flow, but there’s been a half-heartedness about it. Those in charge at Ibrox, whoever they are, have bigger concerns than celtic being prematurely crowned nine-in-a-row champions. That was always going to happen. Whether Rangers can get through this unscathed is less sure.

I did like their ‘we know something about you’ statement about the SPFL which hinted at evidence of impropriety but, to date, has not been explained. This stung Murdoch MacLennan into action as he demanded Rangers provide proof.

This got people asking questions of their own... such as: “Who is Murdoch Maclennan?”

Well, he is the SPFL chairman. Someone who to my knowledge has yet to do an interview, hold a press conference, or, before this debacle, even put his name to a statement. Has he even been to a game?

MacLennan has no background in football. He is, however, a middle-age white man who has spent his life in boardrooms – in newspapers for the most part – and that gets you the big gigs.

Partick Thistle are bottom of the Championship. They are however two points behind with a game in hand and yet won’t get the chance to save themselves. This is what happens when you have men at the top who have been told all their lives that they are officer material when they are most definitely not.

We need to go for the least-worst option. Instead, the SPFL told their member clubs that they would only get the money they needed, and what would come their way in any event, if they back their plan – which of course is the worst option.

Oh, and why did their proposal run to 105 pages? Hilary Mantel would consider that a bit long.

SPFL, SPL, SFA, Scottish League. No matter the name on the door, those inside the offices are never up to the job. A few heads should roll, Wolf Hall style. I just hope all 42 clubs are still here to see that.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Doubt you'll get the answer in here.

Now STFU and stop being sensible.

:tu:

I am losing the ability to be sensible at a fast rate B A. :happy:

I just want to hear what posters think about this 'main aim' and how will it be done ?

I hope it is possible but I would like to see the path laid out on how we achieve it.

Maybe we will see a major move by the board soon and we can sit back and enjoy a virtual cigar (I don't smoke) and the SPFL will be crumbling before our eyes.  

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I think so to. It’s something the club has pushed for significantly in recent years. 

’Champions’/relegation - is done, was always going to be and the club wont fight it.

Reconstruction - club will vote depending what benefits us financially, in a sporting sense, including Colt teams

Process/governance & weak leadership of the SPFL - that’s what the club are fighting and looking to change

At best, I suspect they’ll offer up Doncaster and that’ll be about it.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Process/governance & weak leadership of the SPFL - that’s what the club are fighting and looking to change. 

It is getting to the point where I just dont think it is a fight that can be won to be honest.

If it gets to the crunch, Doncaster will be given a huge fucking payout and retired. They will then claim Rangers forced out a good man, and then they will appoint Lawells next puppet to take over from him.

The whole set up is just too fucking corrupt now, and they dont even hide it, it is being rubbed in our face. The issue is that we cant do anything about it.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Galls me to say it or think it but i suspect us and them will get together and say we’ll vote yes to reconstruction and lobby others to vote if our Colts are two teams added.

We need to box clever on this one and not allow lose sight of the bigger picture of removing doncaster, maclellan and mckenzie. 

Right now we have a bit of support from teams about the spfl's handling of this , and if we want change at the top , we can't alienate that support , which we could do by going against reconstruction .

The spfl will hoping that the attention now turns to reconstruction and away from their handling of this fiasco . By voting against reconstruction we just drag that narrative on , so I'd be voting for it as quickly as possible , so we can turn our attention back on to the way this has been handled and rid ourselves of these clowns before it becomes lost in time . 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is getting to the point where I just dont think it is a fight that can be won to be honest.

If it gets to the crunch, Doncaster will be given a huge fucking payout and retired. They will then claim Rangers forced out a good man, and then they will appoint Lawells next puppet to take over from him.

The whole set up is just too fucking corrupt now, and they dont even hide it, it is being rubbed in our face. The issue is that we cant do anything about it.

My thoughts exactly. 

55 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

Would be a phenomenal twist of fate if we allowed this resolution to pass giving the spfl board power to decide the league, manage to get spfl board members suspended or removed, reconvene a new board and then declare the league complete as of two rounds of fixtures which sees us champions

We aren't going to do anything in regards to this resolution that got passed yesterday.

I don't agree with it, but Rangers will see it as it doesn't directly effect them so why should they be the ones responsible for sending some Scottish clubs to the wall,

To be clear, I would love us to do it. I say go for it and sink the game.

But what I want and what will happen are two distinctly different things. Sadly. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

All I’m doing is trying to point out why it’s unlikely we will take legal action. The board obviously have a long term view to effect leadership change at the SPFL. That’s been effectively confirmed by eskbank. 

We have had celtic investigating abuse at their own club now we will have the crooked spfl investigating their own corruption. Long term who is going to back us,no one is the answer. The board are fucking spineless and always have been and for our so called chief executive to remain working with those spfl cunts is a disgrace.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yip, as I said at the start

Archived