SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

Hearts and Partick want either relegation overturned or a massive compo package.

The compo package is the difficult one for the SPFL simply because the league body doesn’t have the money.

The SPFL can use the future TV monies to pay back the incomplete previous TV deals because that’s a contracted payback.

They simply cannot use the clubs money to pay off two clubs (Hearts and Partick Thistle) without the say so of all the other clubs. 

Things are about to get very interesting for Neil Doncaster and I definitely think he will jump before this kicks in.

Get the popcorn ready 👍

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Crucially for clubs hoping to start the season on time, there is no appeal for an arbitration decision. So whatever the outcome, it will be binding.

Thought the judge said the other day that hearts and thistle could return to court if they dont get the decision they like? 

23 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Hearts and Partick want either relegation overturned or a massive compo package.

The compo package is the difficult one for the SPFL simply because the league body doesn’t have the money.

The SPFL can use the future TV monies to pay back the incomplete previous TV deals because that’s a contracted payback.

They simply cannot use the clubs money to pay off two clubs (Hearts and Partick Thistle) without the say so of all the other clubs. 

Things are about to get very interesting for Neil Doncaster and I definitely think he will jump before this kicks in.

Get the popcorn ready 👍

I’m with you Doncaster will be forced out or will have to walk ,If Hearts and Thistle get the compo they are due then Premiership clubs are losing 750k each from this deal ,No way are clubs going to be happy to go along with this for a fuck up that wasn’t their fault ,it could be argued that they voted for the resolution but they also now know they were not given the full story from the CEO 

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thought the judge said the other day that hearts and thistle could return to court if they dont get the decision they like? 

The circumstances in which he said they could sounded pretty limited though. Was it not just if arbitration couldn't get it concluded in time?

42 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Get the popcorn ready 👍

Your setting yourself up for disappointment mate both will be paid against up and coming seasons prize pot.

Either that or the spfl executive will use power to force through reconstruction.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Your setting yourself up for disappointment mate both will be paid against up and coming seasons prize pot.

Either that or the spfl executive will use power to force through reconstruction.

They can’t just take the prize pot and do what they want with it. Not a chance they can.

I reckon the reconstruction part is much more likely.

Just now, magic8ball said:

BBC muddying then waters ,who da thunk it 

BBC muddy everything mate, fucking shocking organisation.

He, who believes the BBC, should seek psychotherapy at the soonest.

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They can’t just take the prize pot and do what they want with it. Not a chance they can.

I reckon the reconstruction part is much more likely.

Due to SPFL  maladministration clubs have to suffer a reduction in prize pot money... If Hearts/Thistle win/lose and are due compo, surely other clubs can't be happy losing money...

Then again, most of them all bend over and take it up the arse anyway, otherwise they would have backed our call for an independent investigation... Wonder how the cunts will feel if the above happens... Don't say you weren't warned (Our dossier) 

The only thing that matters in this situation IMHO is that the truth will out with regard to the Dundee vote. If it turns out that the SPFL received the vote, ignored it, and influenced Dundee to change their mind then the game is a bogey.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

The only thing that matters in this situation IMHO is that the truth will out with regard to the Dundee vote. If it turns out that the SPFL received the vote, ignored it, and influenced Dundee to change their mind then the game is a bogey.

The truth is out regarding the vote ,we don’t know what was said to get them to change it though ,and more importantly we don’t know who ,

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

The game is definitely a bogey if that fact is determined to be true, yet still overlooked, as blatantly it is hitting "everyone" square in the face... They can try and find loopholes/excuses, at the end of the day that vote was corrupt and our MSM are a Fucking disgrace for not highlighting that very fact! 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The game is definitely a bogey if that fact is determined to be true, yet still overlooked, as blatantly it is hitting "everyone" square in the face... They can try and find loopholes/excuses, at the end of the day that vote was corrupt and our MSM are a Fucking disgrace for not highlighting that very fact! 

I would be surprised if the evidence of the Dundee email still exists. Routine cleaning of the inbox and personal privacy issues will no doubt be claimed for the deletion of any communications that would suggest that the SPFL is as crooked as a dogs hind leg as far as the Good Friday cover up is concerned.

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

I would be surprised if the evidence of the Dundee email still exists. Routine cleaning of the inbox and personal privacy issues will no doubt be claimed for the deletion of any communications that would suggest that the SPFL is as crooked as a dogs hind leg as far as the Good Friday cover up is concerned.

If they can’t produce a time stamped email from Dundee then it’s seen as missing evidence. 

It would go against the SPFL’s case. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If they can’t produce a time stamped email from Dundee then it’s seen as missing evidence. 

It would go against the SPFL’s case. 

If the arbitration panel is genuinely independent, then yes. However the degree of corruption in the Scottish game at the moment has me having serious issues with regard to the impartiality of any panel put together in Scotland. 

Although it grates on me to go down a road previously travelled by the filth, perhaps we should be looking at bringing in arbitrators from other countries with no possible axe to grind with regards to either side.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

If the arbitration panel is genuinely independent, then yes. However the degree of corruption in the Scottish game at the moment has me having serious issues with regard to the impartiality of any panel put together in Scotland. 

Although it grates on me to go down a road previously travelled by the filth, perhaps we should be looking at bringing in arbitrators from other countries with no possible axe to grind with regards to either side.

If the SPFL can’t produce the required evidence it will end up in court. Again. 👍

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the SPFL can’t produce the required evidence it will end up in court. Again. 👍

Hearts & PT have that option, however given the timescale,  if they do have to go back to court then it will almost defo lead to an injunction against the start of the season. I am in two minds regarding this, on one hand I would love to see the evidence laid out against the Jap Baws SPFL Cabal, on the other hand we have over 40,000 who have committed  themselves with serious cash to the start of the new season, even if that means watching the first 2 months on RTV.

1 hour ago, SteveEarle said:

From the BBC just now;

After a Court of Session hearing lasting three days, it was decided Hearts and Partick Thistle's legal challenge to their relegations will be heard by an arbitration panel.

The pair want reinstated in the Premiership and Championship respectively, and are disputing the validity of the SPFL vote which curtailed the season and consigned them to demotion.

So what happens now?

Advocate Paul Reid joined BBC Scotland's Sportsound programme to explain - and here are the key questions answered.

What is arbitration?

The first point is whether the decision for the case to be heard by an arbitration panel makes a material difference to proceedings.

"It's like thinking of it as a private court," Reid said. "It's not a mediation where the parties come together with someone trying to facilitate a settlement. It's just another way of deciding the dispute.

"The difference between arbitration and a court is like playing behind closed doors. The arbitration will not be open to public. We'll know the result at the end but we won't get to watch the argument.

"It's exactly the same legal principles. This is not uncommon in commercial disputes."

Who is deciding the case?

Each party nominates an individual from the Scottish FA's Tribunal Candidate List, and jointly agree to appoint someone who has been a judge, solicitor or advocate for at least 10 years to act as chairman. This could happen as early as Monday.

But despite the parties nominating two of the panel members, they are not representing them.

"They're independent," Reid explains. "The clubs arrange the match officials but you still expect the match officials to behave as they normally would. These are still independent members and very experienced lawyers."

Despite being convened under Scottish FA rules, the association has nothing to do with determining the dispute.

So overturning relegation is still possible?

"All the arguments that Hearts and Partick Thistle wanted to present to the court will be presented to this panel and they can get the same remedies," Reid explained.

Crucially, that means they can still be reinstated in the Premiership and Championship respectively, and failing that they could be awarded the £10m compensation they seek.

In short, the court hearing was to decide the appropriate forum for the dispute. As Reid put it: "It's akin to arguing over which neutral venue you're going to have a match. Either the court or before the arbitration tribunal."

What about the documents; are they important?

At the Court of Session hearing, Lord Clark ruled in favour of Hearts and Partick Thistle's motion to release certain documents relating to the case.

Reid explained that these will help inform the two clubs' strategy, including whether they want to hear directly from SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and Dundee managing director John Nelms as witnesses on the circumstances around the vote to end the season.

Dundee's belatedly decisive vote is one of the contentious areas.

"I'd imagine that's why the legal teams for Hearts and Partick Thistle want to see the documents, so they can decide: 'Do we need to hear from these people, or do the documents speak for themselves?' If it's all emails and WhatsApp messages then you don't always need to hear from the individual.

"From what we know in the public domain about the Dundee vote, that it was received prior to the deadline and it was critical, you can understand why a court or a tribunal would say, 'well, there's a case to answer'. You can understand why questions are being asked."

Reid added: "Which way it goes will really depend on what's in those documents and what was going on in the run-up to those votes being cast and that decision being taken."

Will we get a decision before the season starts?

With the Premiership scheduled to start on 1 August, and the fixtures to be released on Monday morning, the need for a quick resolution is clear. So will we get it?

Reid says that once the chairman is nominated, the rules require the arbitration panel to convene as soon as practicable.

"You can see this moving quite quickly," he added." "The court had time available to hear this [case] the week after next and allowing some time for a decision, you would have been maybe two-and-a-half weeks [for a resolution] had the court decided it.

"I'd imagine the arbitration panel would want to do something similar. They'll be aware of the importance of getting a decision as soon as they can."

Crucially for clubs hoping to start the season on time, there is no appeal for an arbitration decision. So whatever the outcome, it will be binding.

The bit I've highlighted in italics should ensure a fair and impartial arbitration.

FFS :lol:

1 hour ago, RS4_wul said:

The bit I've highlighted in italics should ensure a fair and impartial arbitration.

FFS :lol:

Indeed :pipe:  I would like to know if that list is secret or will we know who is available to be called.

My fear is that Hearts and PT will have a struggle finding someone they feel is not an SPFL plant, hope I am wrong.  

Archived