Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm gonna applaud you for having the balls to suggest this. Originally, I thought you were joking, now I see you are not.

In your defence, Ashley Young was converted but I just can't see it with Kent.

Quarantine getting to some. Me included! 

Got to try something  coz  the experiment of turning him from a winger to some sort of striker is no working an Gerrzrd relies on the wing backs to provide width .

I could accept switching to three at the back to cover this but with the right CDM you dont need to 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Got to try something  coz  the experiment of turning him from a winger to some sort of striker is no working an Gerrzrd relies on the wing backs to provide width .

I could accept switching to three at the back to cover this but with the right CDM you dont need to 

You need your full backs to run North-South mate. Kent loves to cut inside, I just don't see it.

I'm expecting big things from him this year (as a forward) with a full pre-season under his belt.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You need your full backs to run North-South mate. Kent loves to cut inside, I just don't see it.

I'm expecting big things from him this year (as a forward) with a full pre-season under his belt.

Interesting thought , but I  see him more being instructed  to cut inside and his natural game  being to use his pace to hit the byline and cross . But with a a lone , 5'9 or 5'7 striker usually against a packed defence what's the point 

Guess it's just how you see it 

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

On Kent, he doesn’t deserve to be in starting line up next season.

Absolutely dreadful this season and another who downed tools.

I agree. He’s been coached to fuck and it’s ruining him. He’s an out and out winger, he doesn’t suit no10 at all. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - shagger---------------------

New rb - - new cb---helander-----barasic 

New rw - - -Jack - - - - - aribo-------Kent 

------------------hagi-------------------------

--------------------morelos-------------------

2 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

You using a special app for that formation?😁

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Boys a good keeper 

Free transfer as well so makes sense for a year until McCrorie has a season of SPFL football under his belt.

Looks like we are finally operating in a sensible way if you think we’ve got rid of Wes and Alnwick and are bringing in Hladcky probably on a similar salary to Alnwick. We’ve basically made savings on Wes’s salary alone.

Decent business. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I agree. He’s been coached to fuck and it’s ruining him. He’s an out and out winger, he doesn’t suit no10 at all. 

He’s not good enough to play the number 10 position.

Under Gerrard we have a habit of trying to play players to suit a system instead of playing a system that suits players.

4 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

I have the feeling that Hagi is going to be played on the right wing. 
There is no way we are selling Tav unless he has told us he wants sold, or a decent offer comes in.

I would love it if we got a decent right winger in though. It would make all the difference, especially if they weren’t the type to fall out of the game/season like Ojo did. Imagine, a player doing well all match. It’d be like winning the lottery!

I think it is more likely that Morelos (or even Barisic) goes than Tav . Who do we bring in to replace Alfie? Maybe Dyche will allow that guy we tried to get in January to come.

There was all that talk about the guys in the Croatian league coming. However I wonder if Hagi has put paid to that (at least concerning Majer). I did worry that Majer would be too lightweight for the SPFL at the time.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Under Gerrard we have a habit of trying to play players to suit a system instead of playing a system that suits players.

We’ve been doing that since Walter tbf. We just had better players, and players that could adapt then. 

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I have the feeling that Hagi is going to be played on the right wing. 
There is no way we are selling Tav unless he has told us he wants sold, or a decent offer comes in.

I would love it if we got a decent right winger in though. It would make all the difference, especially if they weren’t the type to fall out of the game/season like Ojo did. Imagine, a player doing well all match. It’d be like winning the lottery!

I think it is more likely that Morelos (or even Barisic) goes than Tav . Who do we bring in to replace Alfie? Maybe Dyche will allow that guy we tried to get in January to come.

There was all that talk about the guys in the Croatian league coming. However I wonder if Hagi has put paid to that (at least concerning Majer). I did worry that Majer would be too lightweight for the SPFL at the time.

Hagi on the RW would just be a waste imo. I think we'll only see the best of him centrally as an AM.  I worry your right and SG is going to stick him on the RW to fit into the 433. 

Fully agree on need for a good RW.  We need a player that can deliver consistent. 

Morelos has been linked with moves away now for some time. The club will surely have a shortlist of replacements. I'm not sure myself who that would be. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Smith was bad for that too, but obviously he had more about him as a winning manager and knowing what it takes to win in Scotland he made a success of it.

Craig Moore - right back.
Basil Boli - right back.
Duncan Ferguson - left wing.
Lee McCulloch - left wing.
Kirk Broadfoot - right back.
Richard Foster - right wing.
Sasa Papac - left back.
Nacho Novo - right wing.
John Fleck - left wing.
Steve Davis - right wing.

There will be more, some worked out some didn't but they were all part of winning teams regardless.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Smith was bad for that too, but obviously he had more about him as a winning manager and knowing what it takes to win in Scotland he made a success of it.

Craig Moore - right back.
Basil Boli - right back.
Duncan Ferguson - left wing.
Lee McCulloch - left wing.
Kirk Broadfoot - right back.
Richard Foster - right wing.
Sasa Papac - left back.
Nacho Novo - right wing.
John Fleck - left wing.

There will be more, some worked out some didn't but they were all part of winning teams regardless.

Yip.

Smith had genuine quality round about.

Gerrard has signed a plethora of wingers and tried to turn them into number 10’s.

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Likely means absolutely F all but

Screenshot_20200524-162658_Chrome.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was talked about before with transfer targets and there's a way you can do this for every player in the SPFL or something

5 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wouldn’t give Livi fuck all, get him to an English side 

As much as we hate the other clubs we need to loan players out in this league, most of the time once we play them we instantly weaken them as we take a first team player out of there side, he could also play a blinder against the tims and have them drop points.

They've done it for years time we took advantage of it as well. 

Pleased but not surprised to hear we’re interested in Hladky. I’d be shocked if the filth don’t make him an offer too. He’s free and, on the strength of last season, could easily develop into the best keeper in the league by  the time he’s 31-32.

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

As much as we hate the other clubs we need to loan players out in this league, most of the time once we play them we instantly weaken them as we take a first team player out of there side, he could also play a blinder against the tims and have them drop points.

They've done it for years time we took advantage of it as well. 

Get what you’re saying but it goes against the grain giving anything these clubs who happily stand shoulder to shoulder with the taigs anything 

Archived