Pre-Season Tournament in Lyon

G.E.C.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Maybe part of the hastie loan 

We had it lined-up before then from what I know. This looks like it's been re-arranged when we decided we were going to France.

Don't think it's as strange as it appears on the surface. It's probably best we play teams that involve little travelling and effort due to all the restrictions in place at the moment.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Worrying? 

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Why is it worrying our top striker took a penalty?

He’s not a composed finisher. Halliday even said on Si Ferry he is not a good finisher or a great penalty taker. I don’t trust him to be our main taker

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

He’s not a composed finisher. Halliday even said on Si Ferry he is not a good finisher or a great penalty taker. I don’t trust him to be our main taker

I’ve seen some outstanding finishes from him, also misses a few he should put away,  just like all top strikers.  

Much would you value him at then, a striker who in your opinion is not a composed  finisher and can’t hit penalty’s? 

should never have taking the penalty against the Tarriers at hampden but that’s a different outcome if he was already hitting them regularly and didn’t have the added pressure of not scoring against the Tarriers rammed down his throat on a daily basis. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’ve seen some outstanding finishes from him, also misses a few he should put away,  just like all top strikers.  

Much would you value him at then, a striker who in your opinion is not a composed  finisher and can’t hit penalty’s? 

should never have taking the penalty against the Tarriers at hampden but that’s a different outcome if he was already hitting them regularly and didn’t have the added pressure of not scoring against the Tarriers rammed down his throat on a daily basis. 

Majority of his goals are through poaching or power. Even many of his better finishes are still scuffed or not hit super cleanly. You can be a good striker and not be a good finisher, he's great at using strength and power to get goals and a good instinct and that has worked for him. But I don't think he is a great, placement, composed striker of the ball.

I've thought that for ages and Halliday's comments about him being disappointed Morelos was taking the penalty before he even took it tells you a story as well. Also backing up everything I'm saying about him not being a great finisher

12 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Majority of his goals are through poaching or power. Even many of his better finishes are still scuffed or not hit super cleanly. You can be a good striker and not be a good finisher, he's great at using strength and power to get goals and a good instinct and that has worked for him. But I don't think he is a great, placement, composed striker of the ball.

I've thought that for ages and Halliday's comments about him being disappointed Morelos was taking the penalty before he even took it tells you a story as well. Also backing up everything I'm saying about him not being a great finisher

I bow to your superior knowledge mate, backed up by the footballing genius that is Andy Halliday 

🤣

23 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I bow to your superior knowledge mate, backed up by the footballing genius that is Andy Halliday 

🤣

Nonsense comment

I'm not claiming superior knowledge or claiming to be right. I'm saying in my opinion I don't trust Morelos to be the penalty taker. And Halliday is a professional footballer who trained with Morelos every day and will see him practising penalties. People desperate to hate him for no reason is baffling

Archived