Gaffers reaction v's Leverkusen

LegendofCoop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Absolutely spot-on and fair (and refreshing) for him to say we're Rangers and must strive to be/get better.

But on Morelos, if he knows his heads turned, why did he play him? that's on him. He was a waste of a jersey and a man down. Big mistake. 

It's OK saying who else was there? no-one that stands out, but anyone else is better than an empty shirt and a passenger. 

Barker is one of the most technically inept, devoid of talent players I've seen at our club, he'd literally not look out of place with Robbie Crawford and Sebastian Faure in our lower league teams - but at least the effort was there and he ran his stupid wee baldy napper in.

1 minute ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Do not have anyone else and maybe with the fact Morelos turns it on in Europe maybe they where hoping he would turn it on. 

It doesn't matter what platform he turns it on mate, if his heads been turned and he's not focused, then he's no good to anyone.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Absolutely spot-on and fair (and refreshing) for him to say we're Rangers and must strive to be/get better.

But on Morelos, if he knows his heads turned, why did he play him? that's on him. He was a waste of a jersey and a man down. Big mistake. 

It's OK saying who else was there? no-one that stands out, but anyone else is better than an empty shirt and a passenger. 

Barker is one of the most technically inept, devoid of talent players I've seen at our club, he'd literally not look out of place with Robbie Crawford and Sebastian Faure in our lower league teams - but at least the effort was there and he ran his stupid wee baldy napper in.

Morelos got bullied out the game from our first attack by that superb centre back they have. Chucked it in from then onwards. Took a chance and it backfired. But then again I'd take a chance with a 80% fit head turned Morelos tonight than start a Stewart or Jones.

It's a situation that Gerrard has ultimately brought on himself. How he thinks only having two strikers at a club this size was going to work, I'll never know. Especially as one of them is in their late 30's. Even if/when Morelos goes, we'll still need one more imo. 

I think Alfie was in a difficult situation. Obviously has to play to get match fit, but also doesn't want to get injured. The club to an extent too. They want the big prize money and status of reaching later stages of tournaments like this, but also don't want to risk a massive fee. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It doesn't matter what platform he turns it on mate, if his heads been turned and he's not focused, then he's no good to anyone.

True

However, what kind of fan reaction would Gerrard have to put up with if he hadn't played Morelos tonight and we had the same result?

Didn't matter what Gerrard did, he was fucked.

Don't play Morelos, and the likelihood is we would never be able to score enough goals to go through.The fans would go nuts that Morelos hadn't started because they don't know the full situation and he's got an amazing European record. That's all they'd see.

Play Morelos, and hope to hell he's able to re-capture some of his previous European form. This is what I think he did.

I think Gerrard did the only thing he could imo

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

True

However, what kind of fan reaction would Gerrard have to put up with if he hadn't played Morelos tonight and we had the same result?

Didn't matter what Gerrard did, he was fucked.

Don't play Morelos, and the likelihood is we would never be able to score enough goals to go through.The fans would go nuts that Morelos hadn't started because they don't know the full situation and he's got an amazing European record. That's all they'd see.

Play Morelos, and hope to hell he's able to re-capture some of his previous European form. This is what I think he did.

I think Gerrard did the only thing he could imo

Don't agree mate. If he didn't play him and then came out afterwards and said his heads been turned - I don't think one person would hold it against him - especially since the tie was over anyway.

Morelos is not (and never has been) the type of character to just turn it on if his minds elsewhere or he's in a mood. Extremely neive (can never spell that word right) to think so.

If he can drop Hagi for Barker, he can drop Morelos if his head is turned and the attitude isn't spot-on.

I 100% understand why he done it - but at the end of the day it was the wrong decision and he needs to accept that.

He makes a lot of errors of judgement as Rangers manager if we are honest. This is another.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

So raging about that shite that I'm thinking of heading down my local forest and looking for a badger to kick the fuck out of.

The badger would kick fuck out you more likely :lol:

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He needs to stop digging out players. Especially a £20m asset ffs. We all know he had a shocker but come on, maybe the his analysis should’ve been I shouldn’t have played him

He didn’t dig anyone out in that interview.

The exact opposite in fact.
Stated the obvious with regards Morelos but never held anyone accountable for the defeat or their individual performances.

Simply answered the questions he faced honestly.

Archived