Rangers need to move to the English League

berkshirebear

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Have a quick read on an English teams forum whenever we play one. They hate us lol.

Naw they don’t,  forums are full of mongos, lots of English fans from teams all over the country have Rangers as their second team.

55 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I know we have had this topic numerous times in the past, but with celtic being awarded last seasons title unfairly (how did England manage to finish their leagues??) and the clear anti British movement growing in Scotland, isnt time we looked realistically at leaving the Scottish leagues.

Could we not at least set up a feeder team to play in England and see if that could make some progress through the league system?? 

The TV money for the SPL is pathetic, considering our fan base, and the whole of scottish is clearly biased against us. I doubt ill ever feel any warmth to any scottish club ever again after our treatment over the last few years, and it galls to see clubs benefit from playing us now... 

Our demotion to div 3 proves that the club would thrive whilst going up the leagues in England, and would make Rangers a strong beacon for Unionists (at a critical time for the Union imo) 

I wish our club would look realistic at this as its clear our club arent appreciated in Scotland (although they want our cash...)  

Personally I would ban anyone that starts this thread 

1 hour ago, berkshirebear said:

I know we have had this topic numerous times in the past, but with celtic being awarded last seasons title unfairly (how did England manage to finish their leagues??) and the clear anti British movement growing in Scotland, isnt time we looked realistically at leaving the Scottish leagues.

The vast difference in TV money made a big difference. The team finishing bottom of the EPL will make more in TV revenue than we will from the league in the next 20 years

Could we not at least set up a feeder team to play in England and see if that could make some progress through the league system?? 

Not unless we wanted to start at the very bottom playing in public fields.

The TV money for the SPL is pathetic, considering our fan base, and the whole of scottish is clearly biased against us. I doubt ill ever feel any warmth to any scottish club ever again after our treatment over the last few years, and it galls to see clubs benefit from playing us now... 

Most of Scottish football couldn't give a fuck about Rangers and celtic. Too many people conflate the opinions of some fans on social media with the club itself.

Our demotion to div 3 proves that the club would thrive whilst going up the leagues in England, and would make Rangers a strong beacon for Unionists (at a critical time for the Union imo) 

If Unionism needs a strong beacon at a critical time, its certainly not a football club they need. Some politicians who have the first idea what they are doing would be a far better start than tagging on to a fitba team.

I wish our club would look realistic at this as its clear our club arent appreciated in Scotland (although they want our cash...)  

Realistically, the only chance Rangers have of playing in England is if celtic come too. But even that would be the death knell for us as clubs are hardly going to vote to allow us to leapfrog them.

11 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Naw they don’t,  forums are full of mongos, lots of English fans from teams all over the country have Rangers as their second team.

Historically you are correct.

However with each passing year that  is becoming less and less true. The up and coming generation/modern day English football fan couldn't give 2 shits about us or them. 

1 hour ago, berkshirebear said:

Fuck off. English football is just a tourist league nowadays 

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Historically you are correct.

However with each passing year that  is becoming less and less true. The up and coming generation/modern day English football fan couldn't give 2 shits about us or them. 

Disagree if anything more are jumping on the loyalist bandwagon down there and I’m seeing more and more fans from different English clubs coming up to our games.

What we need to do and what is likely to happen to two distinctly different things, sadly.

I'd love it, but it's flogging a dead horse. 

Until the TV companies, English supporters, sponsors and the clubs themselves push for it - it's a no-go and always will be.

Plus you need to look at the folk running us too. You'd like to think they'd jump at it (if the chance presented itself) but I'm far from convinced given the bridge building and the "for good of Scottish football" mantra we wheel out from time to time. I don't think there's a great appetite from our club atm 

But you'd like to think they'd see sense at the thought of the revenue streams it would generate on that basis alone.

Still, it's all moot points - because it won't happen.

Archived