Meaningless Renewal Deadline

brigtonboy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the best solution would be for the ticket office to offer you a better seat at no extra charge. You've bought your upgraded seat in good faith. The TO has done the right thing by the late renewer but you shouldn't be penalised because of it.

Having applied for a transfer from GR to MSF when I renewed my St I was happy yesterday to be offered an acceptable seat. I replied to the email from TO accepting the offer and authorised payment for the difference.

Today I have had another email from TO stating that the person who previously had the seat has now renewed LATE but because he had "a genuine reason" and had the seat for 20 years they are allowing him to keep it and withdrawing the offer to myself.They have offered me an inferior seat and are refusing to budge. So what is the point in a renewal deadline?

Happened to me last year, still waiting to get the £60 difference back.

I think it is a simple case of a poor system, but it is correct they have ages to renew, even long last summer.

Wee update for anybody interested. Turned out the old guy had been in hospital following a stroke and forgot to renew. Anyway the good news is TO say I get to keep the seat and he can have the inferior one offered to me. Only downside is I get to sit between his brother and his nephew, but if they don't like it they can always move next season.

Wee update for anybody interested. Turned out the old guy had been in hospital following a stroke and forgot to renew. Anyway the good news is TO say I get to keep the seat and he can have the inferior one offered to me. Only downside is I get to sit between his brother and his nephew, but if they don't like it they can always move next season.

FFs Let the auld yin get his seat back and stop being a knob

20 years ST holder then has a stroke and loses his seat... :anguish:

If the ticket office were not continously doing things like this I would be tempted to say fair enough. But the are always messing up like this, last season they sold my seat to someone else halfway through the season!

Seems that the only one to suffer in all of this is the guy who had the stroke and was hospitalised............ whatever TO have done in the past.

Tempted to say "there for the Grace of God....".......but instead i'll simply still believe that Rangers Class will tell in the end......and the guy can get his seat back beside his family.

Jesus Christ , give the old guy his seat back.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

You should be - that's the catch of the year. :D