Which 8 would you cut from the current squad for 2009/10?

Tontospal

My 8 would be:

Broadfoot

Weir

Ferguson

Boyd

Miller

Hendami

McCulloch

Dailly

Whilst I wouldn't lose sleep over any of them football wise, as IMO they are too old, uninterested, past it or not good enough, it would certainly reduce the wages bill.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list is a mixture of lack of quality(q) and wages (w):

Hemdani (w)

Ferguson (w)

Webster (w)

Dailly (q)

S. Smith (w)

Adam (q&w)

Gow (w)

McCulloch (w)

Roughly that is a saving of £70-75k per week. You could bring in a quality Bossman signing on £30-35k a week and still be saving money. However I'd be surprised if even 3 of these players leave at the end of the season. Our crazy wage policy is bleeding the club of money and it needs to be sorted as a matter of urgency.

i would definetly get rid of hemdani dailly adam mcculloch gow, graeme smith( what was the point?) webster and velicka (again what was the point in signing these 2??)

Thats my 8 but i would also like to see us getting rid of beasley whittaker and probably ferguson and boyd and miller if we could. Obviously reinvest some of the money from these players in quality strikers and a right winger so we can move davis into the middle. We need another cousin type player up front as well. Miller works hard most times but his touch is awful and he couldnt finish his dinner most times. Boyd scored goals most of the time but other than that hes an awful player and we could be playing much better football without him. Let him stay untill he breaks larssons spl goal record just to wind the tims up though

G Smith,

S Smith,( Out of contract.)

Broadfoot,

Whittaker

Webster,

Adam,

Gow,

McCulloch,

Dailly, (Out of contract.)

Hemdani, (Out of contract.)

Edu,

Beasley,

Velicka,

Lafferty.

Oops, that is more than 8 but it would allow us to vastly improve the squad.

C.Dailly

S.Smith

G.Smith

A.Velicka

K.Miller

L. McCulloch

C.Adam

K.Broadfoot

A.Webster

B.Hemdani

I suspect more than 8 will go, due to him wanting to bring in fresh blood. I'd say these 10 must go. But i know for a fact: Miller, McCulloch, Adam, Broadfoot And Dailly will be there next year.

If we could sell these 10 for about 3-5 million, we would be stealing money.

i would definetly get rid of hemdani dailly adam mcculloch gow, graeme smith( what was the point?) webster and velicka (again what was the point in signing these 2??)

Thats my 8 but i would also like to see us getting rid of beasley whittaker and probably ferguson and boyd and miller if we could. Obviously reinvest some of the money from these players in quality strikers and a right winger so we can move davis into the middle. We need another cousin type player up front as well. Miller works hard most times but his touch is awful and he couldnt finish his dinner most times. Boyd scored goals most of the time but other than that hes an awful player and we could be playing much better football without him. Let him stay untill he breaks larssons spl goal record just to wind the tims up though

Good post!!

I agree, but would keep Boyd for his scoring.

Hemdani

Daily

Adam

G.Smith

McCulloch

Velicka

Gow

Webster

Couple there who are decent enough footballers but just no point keeping them if there not in Walters plans.