If Boyd Played For Arsenal

well said bolton. im not saying boyd is a better player than torres eto etc but his finishing is outstanding. boyd would score tons of goals for arsenal upfront just like klass jan huntelarr or raud van nistelroy would and also agree with bolton boyd over miller any day of the week say what u like about boyd but he loves the club

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well said bolton. im not saying boyd is a better player than torres eto etc but his finishing is outstanding. boyd would score tons of goals for arsenal upfront just like klass jan huntelarr or raud van nistelroy would and also agree with bolton boyd over miller any day of the week say what u like about boyd but he loves the club

Mentioning Boyd in the same sentance as Huntelaar and Van Nistelrooy is ridicilous.

As far as loving the club goes I think he has a very, very funny way of showing it.

Did he think about how his little sulk about not playing might affect morale among the players just a week before a cup final against our greatest rivals?

No. He thought about Kris Boyd, as per usual.

Mentioning Boyd in the same sentance as Huntelaar and Van Nistelrooy is ridicilous.

As far as loving the club goes I think he has a very, very funny way of showing it.

Did he think about how his little sulk about not playing might affect morale among the players just a week before a cup final against our greatest rivals?

Barry thought only about himself during the PLG debacle as well - i don't see him getting vilified for it.

Barry thought only about himself during the PLG debacle as well - i don't see him getting vilified for it.

It's a different scenario completely though.

However hindsight is a wonderful thing, and IMO Ferguson should have been.

When your the top scorer in scotland and kenny traitor miller and lafferty are being played in front of you youre gonna be pissed off. and for the millionth time im no saying he is better than anyone but he is on a par in terms of finishing. boyd could score 6 goals in a game and hed probably only get a 6 rating in the papers the guy is underated and we will realise how good he has been for us when he leaves for a poultry £3 million

Barry was the complete professional throughout the PLG shambles.

Fortunately for the club PLG had one eye on the PSG job and we therefore only had suffer the misery for 5 months.

Fortunately for the club PLG had one eye on the PSG job and we therefore only had suffer the misery for 5 months.

Are you trying to play Devil's Advocate on purpose in hope of getting a bite?

It's a different scenario completely though.

However hindsight is a wonderful thing, and IMO Ferguson should have been.

I'm not defending Boyd indiscriminately DBBTB, i haven't got much time for players who spit their dummies out (apologies to dummiesoot), i just think some folk are a little obsessive with their condemnation of Boyd when IMO he honestly does love the club.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if he was internally being singled out for refusing to accept the bid from Birmingham.

Not perhaps by WS but certainly by SDM. The talk was almost of a 'done deal' until the subject of personal terms came up.

It might just be me, but every single player at the club (whether i like them or not) deserves our support and sometimes i feel like i'm not in the right place, with some of the comments about our top scorer.

what is the fascination with this waster of a player

:lol:

The sheer notion of Boyd in an Arsenal strip makes me feel sick, and extremely confused.

While it is true that Boyd can finish, for him to play in a team like Arsenal he would have to stand in an offside position for the full game just so he can keep up with the wingers.

I can accept people's staunch defence of Boyd, but for me, the guy is a lost cause. I've had enough of him and his stinking attitude.

Boydie's like a poor man's Van Nistelrooy. I don't think Arsenal would be the team for him as he would need to do too much linking up. For Man Utd I believe he would score 20+ goals on the basis that players like Rooney and Ronaldo could do the fetching and carrying for him and he could stand about in the box as usual. For everything that Boydie isn't, he always stays between the posts. As Billy Dodds says, every striker who wants to score goals should stay between the posts.

When your the top scorer in scotland and kenny traitor miller and lafferty are being played in front of you youre gonna be pissed off. and for the millionth time im no saying he is better than anyone but he is on a par in terms of finishing. boyd could score 6 goals in a game and hed probably only get a 6 rating in the papers the guy is underated and we will realise how good he has been for us when he leaves for a poultry £3 million

Why? On recent form, they have scored more goals than he has. We've all seen the stats which show the team scores more goals per game when Boyd doesn't play.

Calling a Boyd a top class striker is ridiculous - he doesn't play at the top level. I could score 100 goals a season playing for my sons under 11 team - doesn't mean I'm a top striker does it.

How many goals has Boyd ever scored against a decent defence in his career - is it more than 20?

jog on, you're just trying to cause arguments on here. Sniff sniff

Edward's either a tim or a sad Rangers fan looking for an argument.

First he's claimed that Neil Lennon, Andy Reid and Charlie Adam weren't overweight, now he's saying that Fergie was professional in the PLG saga.

Not sure what to make of him TBH.

jog on, you're just trying to cause arguments on here. Sniff sniff

Oh really?

So your another one of these delusional fans who feels PLG was treated badly then?

:wanker:

Edward's either a tim or a sad Rangers fan looking for an argument.

First he's claimed that Neil Lennon, Andy Reid and Charlie Adam weren't overweight, now he's saying that Fergie was professional in the PLG saga.

Not sure what to make of him TBH.

I don't know how any sensible thinking Rangers fan could possibly even think about berating Barry over the PLG saga.

It was PLG who signed a bunch of numpties.

It was PLG who had us out the title race by christmas.

It was PLG who had us knocked out the cup by lowly St.Johnstone.

It was PLG who didn't want anymore money in January because he somehow felt our squad was strong enough.

It was PLG who treated Mcgregor, Boyd and Barry like dirt.

PLG even showed what little respect he had for the Rangers captaincy by handing it to Gavin Rae.

The man was an absolute joke of a manager and it's a disgrace for any 'Rangers' fan to somehow try and lay the blame at Barry's doorstep.

Barry Ferguson has worked under 9 different managers. 8 of those managers have made Barry captain and built their side around him. Only one of those managers has had a problem with Barry. I get the feeling Mr Le Guen is the odd one out.

who gives a fuck about plg, i was on about bazza edward (nice name).

You seem like your desperate for an arguement pal.

You've been giving me little digs all day.

Perhaps you could give an opinion on certain subjects instead of handing out the personal insults.

You'll find people will respect you alot more and you won't look as much of a fool. :thumbup:

Perhaps you could give an opinion on certain subjects instead of handing out the personal insults.

You'll find people will respect you alot more and you won't look as much of a fool. :thumbup:

you shouldn't have been talking so much pish then. First you have got to play football to have a "knowledge" of the game and now i come back on and you condon a player thinking he was bigger than the club.

Why? On recent form, they have scored more goals than he has. We've all seen the stats which show the team scores more goals per game when Boyd doesn't play.

Calling a Boyd a top class striker is ridiculous - he doesn't play at the top level. I could score 100 goals a season playing for my sons under 11 team - doesn't mean I'm a top striker does it.

How many goals has Boyd ever scored against a decent defence in his career - is it more than 20?

one of the reasons boyd doesnt do it against the bigger teams is that the team in whole wont be getting as many chances, im no say ing boyd is a top striker im saying boyd is a top finisher. If kris boyd was called raud van huntelar, was dutch and played for feyenoord and was scoring in the dutch league like he does in the spl everyone would be raving about his goal scoring ability but because he is from scotland he is a dud.

you shouldn't have been talking so much pish then. First you have got to play football to have a "knowledge" of the game and now i come back on and you condon a player thinking he was bigger than the club.

Your just telling porkies again son.

I quite clearly stated if you have played football at a decent level you are more likely to undertstand certain decisions which are made by the management and therefore more likely to stay positive and get behind the team.

All this crap about Barry thinking he's bigger than the club is a load of garbage.

It has been stirred up by the Barry haters who cannot accept him leaving for Blackburn.

It's funny how he's played under 9 different managers and only PLG had a problem with him. Doesn't that tell you something?

Barry has given his heart and sole for this football club. Rangers is in Barry Fergusons blood and he is a legendary captain who will be forever remembered and it's a damn disgrace that a small minority of 'fans' show him such little repect.