If Boyd Played For Arsenal

it was even in the sun a while back that someone said ,i think it was hartson, that boyd will guarentee you 30 goals a season whereas torres will only promise you 30, now im ageing with you that boyd is a poor football player and that he is not in the same league as torres but boyds finishing and that attribute alone is world class, he knows how to hit the net. im sure real radio football phone in had a poll of whos the better finisher boyd or torres and boyd won

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was even in the sun a while back that someone said ,i think it was hartson, that boyd will guarentee you 30 goals a season whereas torres will only promise you 30, now im ageing with you that boyd is a poor football player and that he is not in the same league as torres but boyds finishing and that attribute alone is world class, he knows how to hit the net. im sure real radio football phone in had a poll of whos the better finisher boyd or torres and boyd won

Can't believe your using Hartson and RR wind up, as proof to back up your claim :lol:

So basically, who gives a fuck if the tims win the league, as long as big Boydie rattles in 25+ a season?

do you not agree though that boyd is a top class finisher if nothing else when he get a chance

He's decent.

But he's missed a few glaring one-on-ones and a few from 6 yards (mostly against Dundee Utd for some reason) for me to put him in the Van Nistelrooy/Inzaghi class of finishers.

i agree with you torres would score probably double what boyd would score in the spl but that would be down to his pace agility positioning and awareness but 1 on 1 with the keeper out of a hundred boyd would score more than torres down to his finishing. what im getting at is torres would score more goals in the spl because he creates more chances but when a chance comes boyds way 9 times out of 10 he will score

There's far more anti-Boyd guff on here than pro-Boyd Papaguy.

And btw ... attacking a Rangers supporter for bigging up a Rangers player is ludicrous.

I think some on here are happy being 2nd best in Scotland as it gives them something to moan about.

i agree with you torres would score probably double what boyd would score in the spl but that would be down to his pace agility positioning and awareness but 1 on 1 with the keeper out of a hundred boyd would score more than torres down to his finishing. what im getting at is torres would score more goals in the spl because he creates more chances but when a chance comes boyds way 9 times out of 10 he will score

Kris is that you? :craphead:

And btw ... attacking a Rangers supporter for bigging up a Rangers player is ludicrous.

I think some on here are happy being 2nd best in Scotland as it gives them something to moan about.

I'm all for talking up our players as I have done plenty, but suggesting Boyd to Arsenal is nonsense.

id rather have boyd in my team over miller any week he is a cracking finisher and you can't doubt that he loves the club.btw would you not be annoyed if you were rangers top scorer by a country mile yet you were second fiddle to a guy that played for celtic and kissed the badge when he scored against us and an unproven player in kyle lafferty.

Kris is that you? :craphead:

As if he'd have the energy or motivation to write all that. :crab:

did anyone see in the Liverpool game the other night Torres screeching back to left back position and pulling off a perfect slide tackle, cant remember who on, but what a striker.

TBH, it's the hardest i've seen him work, mainly because it was against Real.

As for Boyd he wouldn't get in the Arsenal team, because he doesn't have skill and technique to play for Arsenal.

ffs im no compairing boyds football ability to henry not by any means but if boyd gets a chance he will score thats all im saying and thats the most important thing in the game ,to score goals, who else could we sighn from the championship or the poorer premiership clubs that would score as many as boyd plus we only sighned him for half a mil

I'm all for talking up our players as I have done plenty, but suggesting Boyd to Arsenal is nonsense.

I agree but you seem utterly offended that someone might praise Boyd.

ffs im no compairing boyds football ability to henry not by any means but if boyd gets a chance he will score thats all im saying and thats the most important thing in the game ,to score goals, who else could we sighn from the championship or the poorer premiership clubs that would score as many as boyd plus we only sighned him for half a mil

you fucking did.

did anyone see in the Liverpool game the other night Torres screeching back to left back position and pulling off a perfect slide tackle, cant remember who on, but what a striker.

TBH, it's the hardest i've seen him work, mainly because it was against Real.

As for Boyd he wouldn't get in the Arsenal team, because he doesn't have skill and technique to play for Arsenal.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Boyd would get a regular game for Arsenal but i'll tell you one thing he's a far better player than that donkey Bentnar who Wenger seems to rate!!

because like it or not how many of the world class strikers of late other than henry or adebyor how many has got that finishing ability of boyd. they may have fantastic footballing skill but their finishing aint as good as boyds. Boyds finishing alone is as good as inzaghi's, henry's, or even raud van niistelroy

i fucking love you.