If Boyd Played For Arsenal

Now its not that i think wenger will be bidding £20,000,000 for big kris anytime soon as it seems most clubs interested in boyd are either top championship or low level premiership, and boyds biggest critisism is that he doesn't score in big games. But with the amount of crosses through balls and the pace of walcot and arshavin counter attacking boyd would get plenty of chances and when boyd gets chances he buries them in the net. He may not be the typical arsenal type player and he is definately not famed for his famous football but you stick boyd in that team with the chances he would get i honestly believe he could eclipse any scoring record. Now this is not meant as a critisism but rangers don't create as many chances as arsenal and boyd doesn't score against the manks the sheep shagers or in europe as we don't really play free flowing attacking football with loads of chances but i believe if boyd went to arsenal, barcelona etc he would be sensational therefore any boyd doubters should realise what an asset we have.

What do you think?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsene requires a team of footballers. I used to think Arsenal needed a Boyd until I started going down to the Emirates to watch them - he's the last thing they need.

And in Eduardo, he's got a player who is not only a better finisher than Boyd, but at least 500 times the player that big Kris is.

Arsene requires a team of footballers. I used to think Arsenal needed a Boyd until I started going down to the Emirates to watch them - he's the last thing they need.

And in Eduardo, he's got a player who is not only a better finisher than Boyd, but at least 500 times the player that big Kris is.

What a superb finisher Eduardo is. The volley at the weekend was sensational.

What a superb finisher Eduardo is. The volley at the weekend was sensational.

He is an incredibly assured finisher. Makes slotting the ball past a goalkeeper look trivial and almost never misses the target. (tu)

Boyd could actually learn alot from Eduardo in terms of how toplay on the shouder of a defender.

If kris boyd was italian or spanish and we singed him from roma or valencia then he would be conngsidered a far better player but as he singed from killie he does nothing other than score. We under rate the scottish tallent in football, saying that most young talented players coming through want to play for ireland instead (td)

If kris boyd was italian or spanish and we singed him from roma or valencia then he would be conngsidered a far better player but as he singed from killie he does nothing other than score. We under rate the scottish tallent in football, saying that most young talented players coming through want to play for ireland instead (td)

If he was from a superior footballing country such as Spain or Italy, then he would probably be a far better player.

But as Ferguson and Hutton have shown, if you have the hunger and drive to improve yourself to £7m+ Premiership level, then you can.

Boyd, sadly, doesn't share the same drive and willingness to improve as they did.

Now im a Boyd fan, but the thought of him keeping up with the pace of Walcott and the likes is a pretty funny one. His pace is and always will be a problem, this is why he needs to work on holding up the ball and his passing, and needs more crosses coming in from wingers which Walter refuses to play.

Now its not that i think wenger will be bidding £20,000,000 for big kris anytime soon as it seems most clubs interested in boyd are either top championship or low level premiership, and boyds biggest critisism is that he doesn't score in big games. But with the amount of crosses through balls and the pace of walcot and arshavin counter attacking boyd would get plenty of chances and when boyd gets chances he buries them in the net. He may not be the typical arsenal type player and he is definately not famed for his famous football but you stick boyd in that team with the chances he would get i honestly believe he could eclipse any scoring record. Now this is not meant as a critisism but rangers don't create as many chances as arsenal and boyd doesn't score against the manks the sheep shagers or in europe as we don't really play free flowing attacking football with loads of chances but i believe if boyd went to arsenal, barcelona etc he would be sensational therefore any boyd doubters should realise what an asset we have.

What do you think?

yes but the top forwards in the EPL do lots of other grafting around the box as well...just look at Torres the other night against Real. Boyd would be well off the pace and not have the speedy reaction times of his striking partners/wingers

do you not think though that the rest of the arsenal team would carry him as a player but get their reward in goals.btw i think boyd wouldnt make it in the premiership unless he went to a big four club as the rest of the teams everyone needs to work their socks off but i think at a top club with loads of chances he could do the buisness

do you not think though that the rest of the arsenal team would carry him as a player but get their reward in goals.btw i think boyd wouldnt make it in the premiership unless he went to a big four club as the rest of the teams everyone needs to work their socks off but i think at a top club with loads of chances he could do the buisness

Why would you waste the talent of Fabregas, Rosicky, Sagna, Clichy etc to 'carry' Kris Boyd?

because like it or not how many of the world class strikers of late other than henry or adebyor how many has got that finishing ability of boyd. they may have fantastic footballing skill but their finishing aint as good as boyds. Boyds finishing alone is as good as inzaghi's, henry's, or even raud van niistelroy

because like it or not how many of the world class strikers of late other than henry or adebyor how many has got that finishing ability of boyd. they may have fantastic footballing skill but their finishing aint as good as boyds. Boyds finishing alone is as good as inzaghi's, henry's, or even raud van niistelroy

Honestly, please stop talking nonsense mate.

That's laughable.

im not saying he is a better footballer in whole but he is up there in terms of finishing. and that is one of arsenals biggest problems is that they play to much football and don't kill the game. boyd might play guff football but he will guarentee you goals, that and arsenal need a solid defencive midfielder, and no before you say it im not going to reccomend christian dailly :rolleyes:

im not saying he is a better footballer in whole but he is up there in terms of finishing. and that is one of arsenals biggest problems is that they play to much football and don't kill the game. boyd might play guff football but he will guarentee you goals, that and arsenal need a solid defencive midfielder, and no before you say it im not going to reccomend christian dailly :rolleyes:

To suggest that Boyd could/should displace Adebayor, Van Persie, Walcott or Eduardo is just plain silly.

This thread is a direct result of the pro-Boyd nonsense that's posted on here daily, I hope people now see why myself and others despise it so much.

To suggest that Boyd could/should displace Adebayor, Van Persie, Walcott or Eduardo is just plain silly.

This thread is a direct result of the pro-Boyd nonsense that's posted on here daily, I hope people now see why myself and others despise it so much.

Maybe those in favour of him despise your view equally :pipe:

I think I blew a funny fuse.

Honestly, please stop talking nonsense mate.

That's laughable.

Pished masel reading that.

*cringe*