Crerand Blasts "Dreadful Gers"

Former Celtic star Paddy Crerand has described Rangers as "dreadful" and branded Ibrox defender Kirk Broadfoot a "Junior" player.

Crerand played for the Parkhead club in the early 60s before joining Manchester United, where he was part of the Old Trafford side which won the European Cup in 1968 against Benfica at Wembley.

The former Scotland international keeps a keen eye on the Hoops, although he is still based in England and scoffed at suggestions that Celtic had blown their chances of retaining the Scottish Premier League title by only drawing against Dundee United at Tannadice on Sunday when a win would have taken them five points clear of the Light Blues.

Pointing back to last week's Co-operative Insurance Cup final between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden in which the Parkhead side deservedly won 2-0 after extra-time, Crerand was scathing of Walter Smith's side and of Broadfoot in particular.

"Celtic will win the title," he told Talk Sport. "I watched the League Cup final between Celtic and Rangers last week and Rangers were dreadful.

"Who is that player Kirk Broadfoot? He should be playing Junior (non-league) football.

"You've got to ask, is that how far Rangers have gone down if he is playing for them?

"But when you look back to the Scottish players in my day, then the standard of football up there is dreadful."

I really hope this comes back to bite him in the ass and spur us on to win the title

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Celtic star Paddy Crerand has described Rangers as "dreadful" and branded Ibrox defender Kirk Broadfoot a "Junior" player.

Crerand played for the Parkhead club in the early 60s before joining Manchester United, where he was part of the Old Trafford side which won the European Cup in 1968 against Benfica at Wembley.

The former Scotland international keeps a keen eye on the Hoops, although he is still based in England and scoffed at suggestions that Celtic had blown their chances of retaining the Scottish Premier League title by only drawing against Dundee United at Tannadice on Sunday when a win would have taken them five points clear of the Light Blues.

Pointing back to last week's Co-operative Insurance Cup final between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden in which the Parkhead side deservedly won 2-0 after extra-time, Crerand was scathing of Walter Smith's side and of Broadfoot in particular.

"Celtic will win the title," he told Talk Sport. "I watched the League Cup final between Celtic and Rangers last week and Rangers were dreadful.

"Who is that player Kirk Broadfoot? He should be playing Junior (non-league) football.

"You've got to ask, is that how far Rangers have gone down if he is playing for them?

"But when you look back to the Scottish players in my day, then the standard of football up there is dreadful."

I really hope this comes back to bite him in the ass and spur us on to win the title

To be fair, the standard of Scottish player is very poor compared to what it was back in they days but for him to aim at only Rangers shows him up as the idiot he is

Both teams are pish although they have 1 cup under their belt and with only a 3 point lead over us, there isnt really much to seperate us.

Right he is Right by saying Broadffot is shite,but saying he should be playing non League is just showing his biassed, and with him being a plastic paddy and slagging Rangers like this just shows he's a fenion bastard.

how come none of our managers come out and defend some of our players that are getting slagged of wankers like him

hope this makes Broadfoot more determind now.

What a fucking idiot, id be suprised if hes actually watched Kirk any time in the last two seasons. <cr>

Clearly he's not,he just watched him in the cup final,and thats typical luck for us because he was shite in this game,but so was the whole team why did he just single broadfoot out of this bad lot of players, what about bawbag barry?????

Guest The Brown Brogue

Plenty posters on here say the same things week in week out so personally I don't see the problem with what he said, tim or not.

Seems the same as the Hartson article the other week, people on here were up in arms even though most of it was true and had been debated a number of times.

What a fucking idiot, id be suprised if hes actually watched Kirk any time in the last two seasons. <cr>

Clearly he's not,he just watched him in the cup final,and thats typical luck for us because he was shite in this game,but so was the whole team why did he just single broadfoot out of this bad lot of players, what about bawbag barry?????

That's spoken like a true tim :anguish:

Yeah Paddy, your celtc are immense and the likes of Naylor, Caldwell, Samaras, Hinkel, Robson....are world beaters.

I do agree about Broadfoot in a way (imo he's a very poor and limited footballer)

The more i think about it, it is pure utter drivel by that cunt as Big Kirks far from shite or he would never have played so many for Rangers already.

He would be one of the first names on the team sheet for any other SPL team bar the OF.

The more i think about it, it is pure utter drivel by that cunt as Big Kirks far from shite or he would never have played so many for Rangers already.

He would be one of the first names on the team sheet for any other SPL team bar the OF.

Errr...so why's he on ours then?

Right he is Right by saying Broadffot is shite,but saying he should be playing non League is just showing his biassed, and with him being a plastic paddy and slagging Rangers like this just shows he's a fenion bastard.

how come none of our managers come out and defend some of our players that are getting slagged of wankers like him

Early contender for the worst post of 2009?

Errr...so why's he on ours then?

He came as a squad player and due to the loss of Hutton and the poor form of Whittaker he came into the team and stood up to the task and rightly deserved his call up to the Scotland squad, is there something wrong with that ?

Early contender for the worst post of 2009?

It can absolutely count on my vote.