• Kris Boyd
    • David Weir
    • Allan McGregor
    • Madjid Bougherra

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised to see Bougherra out in front. I still don't quite rate him like so many others do, but he certainly is our best defender along with Weir. Lacks the positional sense and organisational abilities of Weir, but makes up for it with pace and skill and the ability to take play out of defence.

Weir is probably more accurate in the tackle though, and is physically stronger, though neither of them exactly have a great deal of presence.

I don't actually think there's a standout.

If Lafferty wasn't injured for the next six weeks, I think he'd have played himself into contention.

Nonetheless, it's far too early for a such a decision. There's eight games to go, it's time for someone to TURN himself into a hero.

So what your saying is that even though its called Player of the Year, you could win this by doing good in the six weeks????

Why not call it Player of the Six Weeks then!

It has to be looked at a whole n over the course of the season it would have to be Bougherra for Player of the Year!

I don't actually think there's a standout.

If Lafferty wasn't injured for the next six weeks, I think he'd have played himself into contention.

Nonetheless, it's far too early for a such a decision. There's eight games to go, it's time for someone to TURN himself into a hero.

So what your saying is that even though its called Player of the Year, you could win this by doing good in the six weeks????

Why not call it Player of the Six Weeks then!

It has to be looked at a whole n over the course of the season it would have to be Bougherra for Player of the Year!

Pretty much. In our situation, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If someone takes this side by the scruff of the neck over the next six weeks and leads us to the SPL title, then they'll walk away with it.

If Bougherra plays awfully for the next six weeks and costs us points, he won't win it, so it works both ways.

Davis.

on the form from last 5 games no.

before these 5 games .

i would echo your statement

had to go bougherra

That is why it's too early. The candidates are close enough together so as there's loads of time for things to change. If it has to be now, I'd say Bougherra.

Bougherra. Having seen games both with and without him, you notice the influence he has in the back 4. Great player. Would love to have a player of his quality alongside him next season.