***Official Scotland v Iceland*** thread

Columbo

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland have to ditch Kenny Miller, he is fucking horrific.

No Ferguson for both Scotland and Rangers is the way forward (tu)

He simply refused to shoot tonight.

An astonishing performance.

You watch Hutton then Broadfoot :anguish:

Kenny Miller has no 1st touch, he doesn't shoot, he doesn't even know the offside rule. His return ball to Brown was a fucking joke!

You watch Hutton then Broadfoot :anguish:

Kenny Miller has no 1st touch, he doesn't shoot, he doesn't even know the offside rule. His return ball to Brown was a fucking joke!

:lol:

It was like an Exocet missle aimed at Brown's napper.

Miller and Darren Fletcher just didn't turn up, he just doesn't do it for me at Scotland. Miller can't shoot, what was he thinking when he was through on goal only to square it ? doh he's better when he doesn't have so much time to think about it. Can't wait to get Thomson in the midfield.

There's not a hope in hell Scotland will qualify with that team. They are simply shit, just so happens that we were playing an even worse side than us, if you can believe that

They are not impressive, that is true. Nvager hit it right when he said they remind him of the Gers - bomb scare at the back, and hardly any threat up front. God I miss Hutton though - still say it was an absolutely horrible decision to let him go.

I have a feeling Burley won't play Thomson enough. It's a disgrace that he only has one cap to his name so far, and that goes for the Smith and McLeish days aswell. How they failed to call him up to at least blood him in and give him some experience is beyond me.

Edit: Also reading that Burley thinks the team were fantastic last night. Obviously he was watching a re-run from the 80's because for me, a team like Iceland cut us open far too many times.

I have a feeling Burley won't play Thomson enough. It's a disgrace that he only has one cap to his name so far, and that goes for the Smith and McLeish days aswell. How they failed to call him up to at least blood him in and give him some experience is beyond me.

Edit: Also reading that Burley thinks the team were fantastic last night. Obviously he was watching a re-run from the 80's because for me, a team like Iceland cut us open far too many times.

I agree, Thomson won't get a fair crack of the whip.

Which is sad, because he's ten times the player that Darren Fletcher is.

If we could find an attacking left back we would be sorted

-----------------Gordon

Hutton-----McManus--Caldwell-----LB

----------------Thomson-------------

---------- Flecther----Brown------------

Morrison---------------------McFadden

--------------McCormack--------------

Has so much adaptability to it.

Morrison could tuck in, let hutton bomb forward

McFadden could float around and interchange with McCormick

could become a 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2 etc etc

The options are endless

Maloney instead of Morrison and that even better!

Good turn-out of Scotland players there signing the National anthem.

IMO They should all be signing it.

i was working

did they sing god save the queen

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

doh

see that wee cunt Nicholas talking about how Hutton wasn't worth 9 Million go fuck yourself ya dirty t****** cunt

Gordon, Hutton, Morisson(aye Boab him), McCormack absolutely brilliant

McManus, Cauldwell, Brown, Fletcher, Miller, Naymsith, Fletcher all not good enough

Its like Kenny Miller, we call as we see it after every match but I'll always won't accept him as some won't with Kenny or Khenny who are Rangers fans.

Fletcher hides for Scotland, and pretty much has done his whole International career

I think hes terrified of getting injured and missing games at Man Utd

I don't know what people are expecting from Fletcher. What he did last night is essentially what he does for Man United - he was the water carrier in midfield, he broke up some of their play and (unlike against Holland which was a poor performance from him) he kept hold of possession quite well. He's never going to offer a great deal creatively and it doesn't go hand in hand that a defensive minded midfielder who plays at a higher level will emerge as an attacking threat when he plays with a poorer side.

That's all Fletcher is ever going to offer, but put him in a side where other players can create things and he'll be an asset, as he is at Man United.

Fletcher hides for Scotland, and pretty much has done his whole International career

I think hes terrified of getting injured and missing games at Man Utd

I don't know what people are expecting from Fletcher. What he did last night is essentially what he does for Man United - he was the water carrier in midfield, he broke up some of their play and (unlike against Holland which was a poor performance from him) he kept hold of possession quite well. He's never going to offer a great deal creatively and it doesn't go hand in hand that a defensive minded midfielder who plays at a higher level will emerge as an attacking threat when he plays with a poorer side.

That's all Fletcher is ever going to offer, but put him in a side where other players can create things and he'll be an asset, as he is at Man United.

good analysis, but you have got to agree that his level of tenacity drops when playing for Scotland than for United.....but then again that's probably a motivational thing, and SAF is the best in the world at getting his players up for a battle

To be fair to Burley, he's called up Thomson a few times but he had to keep pulling out because of injury.

am i right in saying our next fixture is norway away...........that game is the biggest in the group and realistically could do with sneaking 3 points or we could end up being the 9th place 2nd.

To be fair to Burley, he's called up Thomson a few times but he had to keep pulling out because of injury.

True enough. I guess we won't know for sure 'til he's been fit and selected a few times, my gut feeling is that Burley will persist with Brown and Fletcher and possibly Ferguson.