Disallowed goal

does setanta not have the goal-line tech Sky has had for about 10 years :rolleyes:

This incident just shows how bad Stanta's coverage is, not that we didn't realise that already. Pathetic.

Gutted! :(

Could only listen on the radio last night, as I was working. They were adamant it was over, and that pic confirms it for me.

Good job these things level out over the course of a season, eh? :rolleyes:

If only this was true mate, that's Beasleys goal against the Sheep Boyds goal against Moherwell and last night. makes me sick :(

Yup, that's in there. What could possibly make the mhanks more happy than the fact we did win the game, but were cheated out of the crucial goal? :angry:

Still, with all the chances we had, combined with that unforgivably gutless first Half showing, this should have been a moot point.

lino is in perfect position looking along the goal line the only problem he has is seeing the goal line betwen the posts but his view is perfect he has to see light between ball and post and from that position he has a perfect view he could not see light between them so no goal.conspiracy perhaps but i dont honestly think so.we were shite for 45mins and got what we earned which was nowt.

Definatley a goal, take into account the angle of the camera and you could clearly see that the ball would have been over the line.

What's more worrying is that the linesman is i a great position and is staring RIGHT at it...yet it isn't given...

does setanta not have the goal-line tech Sky has had for about 10 years :rolleyes:

They're lucky if they can broadcast a full match without interruption or bad camera work of some sort!

They're lucky if they can broadcast a full match without interruption or bad camera work of some sort!

:scot: :scot: :scot:

:clap:

celtanta is so poor.

andy gray and sky have telly football sewn up just like adidas have football apparel sewn up. its a class apart.

I am as gutted as the rest of u, but genuinely think the full ball was not over the line.

I know it hurts, and to say that Chisholm done a fantastic job in clearing it hurts me cos i hate those fuckers, but i just think we had enough chances throughout the game to pick this one apart into pieces, which will NEVER get us anywhere - we can debate it till the coos come home, but even if REAL photographic proof shows the ball was over the line, its not going to get us that goal.

Just being realistic here by the way - before i get attacked for 'sniff sniff' syndrome.

We got our tactics wrong in the 1st half, and ok, as much as Smith, Davis, Velicka and Boyd were anonymous in the first half, Walter spared their blushes by waiting til half time to sub the ones in the wrong, and replace them with the most attacking options we had - we all know walter is a cautious manager to say the least, but he would have been berated had he came out all guns blazing, leaving our bit-part defence exposed so much for us to open and allow hibs to attack....that would have been tactical suicide from his point of view....so as much as we were frustrated....we didnt need to wait until the 82nd minute for a change, until he made the moves. i believe someone behind the scenes (Ally? McDowall? someone from the crowd? did Souness text him?????) but someone made him make the changes asap without humiliating anyone, and allowing them the time they may possibly need (think back to Velicka's last game at Easter Rd and see wot i mean....done eff-all until he was about to get whipped off...and BANG...goal!)

The point im making is, this was ONE chance we are disputing here......wot about the ones we missed or just fucked up due to composure or experience? those chances count just as much. hitting the bar......lets discuss that!!! infact...lets not.

We can only try our best from here on in.......and no doubt hope for a wee bit of luck from elsewhere.

Come on Bears, we will be behind u from well-before half twelve on saturday........we want this sooooo much........

BRING IT HOME!!!!!!!!!

if video evidence was introduced then based on that angle the goal claim would have been denied as the evidence is inconclusive. If however the camera was on line with the goal then I think it would have been conclusive and the goal would have counted which is the angle the linesman is looking at it.

honestly dont think it was a goal, ive watched it over and over and still dont think the whole ball was over the line. if the linesman wasnt 100% sure it was over then he cant give it. we should have bagged 2 or 3 more with novo missing the sitters, the players only have themselves to blame for the heartless effort they put in in the first 45. so sick of watching us slip up again and again.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Eveb in a still photograph it looks very close, so to me it isn't conclusive either way.

At full speed then its even more inconclusive, I dont think an official can give a goal unless he is sure, although I was screaming for a goal at them time I think on this occasion we haven't suffered a clearcut incorrect decision against us.