Kenny Miller

donmac

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't sure about it, but since the day he signed I've been behind him as he's a Rangers player now, and only trying to win for one team.

He played for the rhats, oh wow. Mo Johnstone played for them and we (for the most part) accepted him.

Anyone who pulls on the jersey will have my support as long as they're at the club. (Lennon, Hartson, Sutton and a very small band of others excepted).

Some fans seem to hold a slightly unrealistic demand that all the player must support rangers.

At the end of the day I'd rather a professional player who does his job well playing for my team than a die hard fan who was terrible.

So Miller isnt rangers through and through, who cares? He plies his trade for us, and very well in recent games, and that is enough for me

It's not who he supports, though. I don't even know who he supports (and don't particularly care) but he played for our enemies, it's only natural that people won't like that.

Accepted him as soon as he signed!

He is a Rangers player at the end of the day and I think he has been great this season in what he has brought to the team.

For all his lack of goals he has helped Boyd hit his 100, he cant do it himself can he?!

I wish people would have taken my attitude from the get go but again I can understand the point of view of otheres :)

I accept what he does for the team and the contributions he's made. He has been amazing at times.

There is, however, part of me that just won't fully warm to him.

Some fans seem to hold a slightly unrealistic demand that all the player must support rangers.

At the end of the day I'd rather a professional player who does his job well playing for my team than a die hard fan who was terrible.

So Miller isnt rangers through and through, who cares? He plies his trade for us, and very well in recent games, and that is enough for me

It's not who he supports, though. I don't even know who he supports (and don't particularly care) but he played for our enemies, it's only natural that people won't like that.

Tad strong, wouldnt say Celtic are our enemies, but hey I see what you're saying.

The point surely is though, he didn't support them either! It's not like Aiden McGeady, a celt through and through, playing for us. Miller is a professional footballer, doing his job for who ever pays him.

To use the 'war' analogy, he's a mercenary who doesnt have alligence except to his current employers. Would you turn away people who are willing to help you win a battle even though they used to be enemies?

If Miller wasn't on our team this season, the mhanks would have already clinched the title by now. His contributions have been crucial, even if he has been on and off form (and considering he's carrying an injury, that could go a long way towards explaining that situation). The guy's scored and set up vital goals for us. Walter and Ally have no problems with him personally, nor does anyone else on team, which is good enough for me.

If Miller wasn't on our team this season, the mhanks would have already clinched the title by now. His contributions have been crucial, even if he has been on and off form (and considering he's carrying an injury, that could go a long way towards explaining that situation). The guy's scored and set up vital goals for us. Walter and Ally have no problems with him personally, nor does anyone else on team, which is good enough for me.

Well said my friend

Tad strong, wouldnt say Celtic are our enemies, but hey I see what you're saying.

The point surely is though, he didn't support them either! It's not like Aiden McGeady, a celt through and through, playing for us. Miller is a professional footballer, doing his job for who ever pays him.

To use the 'war' analogy, he's a mercenary who doesnt have alligence except to his current employers. Would you turn away people who are willing to help you win a battle even though they used to be enemies?

You wouldnt say they were our enemies?????????? Why the fuck not?????

lol they are obv our biggest enemies

even though i hate the sheep more :@ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Instead you're sitting here hurling abuse at him.

Abuse you say ? Do you use that term loosely ?

Show me these abusive comments.

Do you cheer when he scores for OUR team ?

Yes (tu). I feel the team getting a goal is more important than an individual scoring.

Yes (tu) And Miller playing for Rangers and contributing goals and assists for Rangers is more important than Miller 2 years ago in celtic,isn`t it ?

I`m not having a go but it seems that some people are always leaving with the past.

I was against us signing him mainly because he was a former Celtic player and I never really rated him anyway.

But I set all that aside now that he is with us and I've been impressed with his performances recently. I will be pleased if he starts next sunday (tu)

If Miller scores the winning goal next weekend I will fully accept him.....right now the jury's still out there for me!!!

To be honest I think we could get the best out of him playing as a winger rather than striker as he has put in a few good crosses of late and clearly finishing has never been his strong point!! I would stick him out left wing next sunday with Kyle and Kris up front!!!

COME ON GERS, DON'T LET US DOWN!!!!!!! :gerbad:

He will always be a mercenary fucker, imo and a bad buy for us twice.

Only reason he was bought because he fits into Smiths plan (developed in Everton and proved to be slightly effective for a pishy Scotland Team), fill the team with cloggers and use his pace, sadly 1 dimensional football developed for a team/s that won fuck all.

Rivals - yes

Enemies - well remember it's only a game!

(But as I said, I know what you mean!)

Has he now earned the right to be accepted after the effort he has made of late?

I think he earned most folk's acceptance the way he celebrated after he scored against the filth.

There were no doubts after that for me. (tu)

I have to agree ... and if he scores the winning goal next week it's a pretty mean spirited person who won't admit that he's more than paid his way

I didn't mind him that much to be honest, but now I think he's a dick.

After the game, lots of people got stuff signed from several players, and when Kenny came out, he just walked past everyone, signing about two autographs in total. My mate was behind him with his back to him, a pen held out and shouting 'Kenny, can you sign my top!' which had Miller 18 on the back of it. Miller just pushed his way past him and went to his car, leaving several fans pissed off.

What a dick. :<

I was unsure at first, purely because of the style of football we were probably looking at with him in the team.

I've came around and i've celebrated all his goals. Was excellent against the tims last week and his performance agaisnt Aberdeen shows what we missed during the week at Hibs.