Wee Chesney = Gone!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that you'll all shout me down on this one, but i reckon that Celtic will go for David Moyes. I'm pretty sure he won't go, but that'll be number one 1 on their list.

he would have good reason to go as well :

No money, in the shadow of liverpool, no chance of winning anything. Celtic would at least offer him a shot a the CL and the chance to compete for a title.

Thoughts?

no chance

they couldnt afford him

they cant offer him champs league, only 2 tough qualifiers

selik squad is shite

they too have no money

no chance of Davie Moyes going to them, he has already said he wont do it, already signed a new deal at Everton who have a great squad, are top 6 material, will have money, can spend £10m on 1 player, are moving to new stadium and play in the premiership.

Moyes :uk:

;)

i know that you'll all shout me down on this one, but i reckon that Celtic will go for David Moyes. I'm pretty sure he won't go, but that'll be number one 1 on their list.

No money, in the shadow of liverpool, no chance of winning anything. Celtic would at least offer him a shot a the CL and the chance to compete for a title.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right, but I don't think Moyes will go. I read an article not long ago where he said the EPL was so good to manage in (or something like that) that he wouldn't leave to manage either of the Old Firm.

Walter Smith has paid tribute to Gordon Strachan for doing an excellent job at Celtic over the last four years.

Strachan quit the Parkhead club on Monday after failing in his quest to win a fourth successive championship.

During his time in the east end of Glasgow, Strachan guided the Hoops to three consecutive league titles and the last 16 of the Champions League twice. And, despite pipping him to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title at the weekend, Smith believes the former Celtic boss deserved more credit.

He said: "I've been on record as saying that I find it very difficult the criticism that Gordon takes. A football manager has to be successful and I think Celtic have been extremely successful, not just in domestic circumstances but also in European games.

"I don't think that Scottish teams in recent years have had the credit for how they do. Rangers and Celtic get criticised for their European performances but we don't compete on the same field as a lot of the teams who are involved in the Champions League financially.

"We do so domestically and when we win the league, people make allowances for all the other clubs who can't challenge us. But they don't make allowances for us when we are unable to challenge in the Champions League. I think Gordon Strachan has done an excellent job at Celtic over the last few years."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/63/...ved-credit.html

Thoughts?

i would be worried if they could secure Moyes but as other have said , id expect his wages to be sky high which would be the major stumbling block.

Bye bye this thread, put it somewhere else, who gives a fcuk who their next manager is and if this wee cunts been sacked, are we talking about Rangers winning one of the most bitter fought titles ever or are we allowing them to steal the headlines again ? Lose it ! :sherlock:

Walter Smith has paid tribute to Gordon Strachan for doing an excellent job at Celtic over the last four years.

Strachan quit the Parkhead club on Monday after failing in his quest to win a fourth successive championship.

During his time in the east end of Glasgow, Strachan guided the Hoops to three consecutive league titles and the last 16 of the Champions League twice. And, despite pipping him to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title at the weekend, Smith believes the former Celtic boss deserved more credit.

He said: "I've been on record as saying that I find it very difficult the criticism that Gordon takes. A football manager has to be successful and I think Celtic have been extremely successful, not just in domestic circumstances but also in European games.

"I don't think that Scottish teams in recent years have had the credit for how they do. Rangers and Celtic get criticised for their European performances but we don't compete on the same field as a lot of the teams who are involved in the Champions League financially.

"We do so domestically and when we win the league, people make allowances for all the other clubs who can't challenge us. But they don't make allowances for us when we are unable to challenge in the Champions League. I think Gordon Strachan has done an excellent job at Celtic over the last few years."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/63/...ved-credit.html

As dignified as ever.

I reckon Tony Mowbray too.

Bad news for Rangers though, i would have liked to see Chesney, the most passive aggressive and obnoxious wee tit in the world, continue leading Celtic into a miasma of mediocrity but it seems the passive aggressive, obnoxious fans of Celtic never took to him, despite his managerial 'skills' granting a thoroughly undeserved +3 luck modifier to them for three seasons.

Thoughts?

no chance

they couldnt afford him

they cant offer him champs league, only 2 tough qualifiers

selik squad is shite

they too have no money

no chance of Davie Moyes going to them, he has already said he wont do it, already signed a new deal at Everton who have a great squad, are top 6 material, will have money, can spend £10m on 1 player, are moving to new stadium and play in the premiership.

Moyes :uk:

;)

Everybody knows that contracts aren't worth the paper they are inked on, all that it ensures is that celtic would have to pay top dollar.

There is no point fooling ourselves. Celtic do have more money than us and with so little debt im pretty sure they could afford him.

The real question is, as a manager that is so highly thought off, do you sacrifice quality for glory and the potential of that champions league that the old firm can offer.

My view is really that he won't go, but I'm pretty sure he'll think long and hard. As an end note - his brother coaches at my old primary school and i am realiably informed he was a celtic fan as a kid, although he was never a die in the wool fan.

Would be a step down for moyes!! He's a likely canditate to replace sir alex ffs!!

pretty sure Jose Mourinho has his eye on that. Martin O Neil is a head of Moyes on the Man Utd job - partly because he has CL experience.

I think actually Levein has a really good chance