Blue

rab wilson

Morning All

Just read Baz's book after my boy had finished reading it. I have to say it was a really good read. I always thught baz was a great Rangers player, but i never realised how much the club meant to him.Some times in the press i wish he would engage his brain before he opens his mouth,but for me that will come with better guidance from a better manager(WS). Seems to me that the boy has been battling demons all his life and the pressure of being the captain of the team he loves proved too much for him at times, especially the references to players who were not good enough , or not trying hard enough. It seems also that all of the rumours surrounding him back stabbing big eck are untrue also.He has nothing but praise for the big man.One thing did concern me though was the amount of references to the bevvy. So the question is. Is this widespread through scottish football? Surely this has to be nipped in the bud, especially at ibrox. This post may head off in different directions as i'm still out of it from last night, also may make no sense. I've got a lot more respect for Baz since reading it. Not just as a player,who loves us by the way,but more so as a bloke.He is just one of us really,i think he lives his life off the park as one of us. I think, could be proved wrong by some who bother to read this post, that he is a hard wee bassa.

When he described what happened to Micheal Mols at Bayern,and what he would have done had it been him going in on Khan,It sent a shiver down my spine. He has max respect for everyone. This is a crap post. Sorry folks :unsure:

Morning All

Just read Baz's book after my boy had finished reading it. I have to say it was a really good read. I always thught baz was a great Rangers player, but i never realised how much the club meant to him.Some times in the press i wish he would engage his brain before he opens his mouth,but for me that will come with better guidance from a better manager(WS). Seems to me that the boy has been battling demons all his life and the pressure of being the captain of the team he loves proved too much for him at times, especially the references to players who were not good enough , or not trying hard enough. It seems also that all of the rumours surrounding him back stabbing big eck are untrue also.He has nothing but praise for the big man.One thing did concern me though was the amount of references to the bevvy. So the question is. Is this widespread through scottish football? Surely this has to be nipped in the bud, especially at ibrox. This post may head off in different directions as i'm still out of it from last night, also may make no sense. I've got a lot more respect for Baz since reading it. Not just as a player,who loves us by the way,but more so as a bloke.He is just one of us really,i think he lives his life off the park as one of us. I think, could be proved wrong by some who bother to read this post, that he is a hard wee bassa.

When he described what happened to Micheal Mols at Bayern,and what he would have done had it been him going in on Khan,It sent a shiver down my spine. He has max respect for everyone. This is a crap post. Sorry folks :unsure:

Dont always believe what ye read..most fitba players books are full of sheeite <_<

"One thing did concern me though was the amount of references to the bevvy. So the question is. Is this widespread through scottish football? Surely this has to be nipped in the bud, especially at ibrox. ......He is just one of us really,i think he lives his life off the park as one of us."

Nail hit head

Booze brothers

"One thing did concern me though was the amount of references to the bevvy. So the question is. Is this widespread through scottish football? Surely this has to be nipped in the bud, especially at ibrox. ......He is just one of us really,i think he lives his life off the park as one of us."

Nail hit head

Booze brothers

Is this the price to pay when you play for your boyhood LOVE? May be this is the pressure for doing this? You try and do your best all the time,it doesnt go the way you think it should.Losing games where you should be winning them.The price to pay that you are a star so to say and the mental pressure that is on you. I for one (as a young boy) Dreamed of doing this BUT do we as fans see the other side of the coin???? I for one dont think so, as fans dont get of his back, even if he has a good game.Yes players get huge amounts of money these days for playing but money isnt everything and that's why i think that we should be concerned about bevvy in football,not just in scottland.

Well I think you have to be objective here....Barry is hardly going to write a book criticising himself or painting himself in a less than favourable light....and very few would when writing their auto-biography.

What makes it difficult for some myself included...is for all his talk of love for the club...in pride in wearing the captains armband....it doesn't quite equate to the guy who turned his back on the club shortly after being awarded a bumper contract....and leaving the club in the lurch with regard to finding a suitable replacement.

Is this the price to pay when you play for your boyhood LOVE? May be this is the pressure for doing this? You try and do your best all the time,it doesnt go the way you think it should.Losing games where you should be winning them.The price to pay that you are a star so to say and the mental pressure that is on you. I for one (as a young boy) Dreamed of doing this BUT do we as fans see the other side of the coin???? I for one dont think so, as fans dont get of his back, even if he has a good game.Yes players get huge amounts of money these days for playing but money isnt everything and that's why i think that we should be concerned about bevvy in football,not just in scottland.

And do you think Schotte going on the ran dan with the bevvy is a way of improving the situation where we lost games we should have one. ?

As club captain what kind of message is he sending out to younger players...hardly being a role model is it ?

How as captain can he expect to enforce discipline if he himself has broken the rules ?

And do you think Schotte going on the ran dan with the bevvy is a way of improving the situation where we lost games we should have one. ?

As club captain what kind of message is he sending out to younger players...hardly being a role model is it ?

How as captain can he expect to enforce discipline if he himself has broken the rules ?

As i have said there are two sides to the coin, but yes you are correct, but time and time again this happens.Just look at the EPL Adams & co. I think the best example just now is Robbie williams,Was on the bevvy and drugs NOW tabletts.I think the mental pressure is at times is bigger than we think and yes Robbie is a different thing to Baz but in the same category.

Don't get me wrong i dont think this is the way to go about it, but everybody goes about it in another way and to every story there is always two sides to it.

Well what I would say Schotte...if he cant handle the mental pressures of being captain...without compromising his professionalism should he relinquish the armband ?

I am not just talking about the armband.What springs to my mind is Ricksen, he was the same bevvy bevvy bevvy and if i am right isnt there a rehab in england for sportsman???

Well what I would say Schotte...if he cant handle the mental pressures of being captain...without compromising his professionalism should he relinquish the armband ?

I am not just talking about the armband.What springs to my mind is Ricksen, he was the same bevvy bevvy bevvy and if i am right isnt there a rehab in england for sportsman???

Christ,I didn't think i would get this reaction.Do you think his bevvying is/was that bad? surely WS would have done something about it if that was the case. Baz is our best player,head and shoulders above everybody.Surely he couldn't sustain that if he was a piss head. I think the boy needs better players around him,maybe then he could express his undoubted talent better.I think he is scared to go forward,because there is nothing behind him if we lose it.I've said this before.I don't think he trusts the team he has around him.It's bad enough for us watching it,but what about if you have played with Gio, Hammer,Amo,NumanMols, De Boer etc.What must it be like for him to be surrounded by ,at times in the last 3 years,players that can only be described as utter pish. Must play on his mind surely

Well there have been lots of stories about bevvy culture at our club...it was something PLG could not get his head around. A no. of tabloids have run stories recently suggesting Baz/Boyd/Adam are prone to going a little swally.

Dont we all like a swally :rolleyes:

Well there have been lots of stories about bevvy culture at our club...it was something PLG could not get his head around. A no. of tabloids have run stories recently suggesting Baz/Boyd/Adam are prone to going a little swally.

Dont we all like a swally :rolleyes:

Yes most of us probably do....but then again most of us are not professional athletes...professional athletes who are nearly 20 points behind their competitors.

People / Sportsmen deal with things in different ways, its the personaility which will determine their path, a few example of good and bad

George Best

Probably one of the most gifted footballers that ever lived and drink was his poison, George had everything and the solace he had for fame was the bevvy, as we all know it ended in his death, a heavy price no one should have to pay. Maybe if he had a SAF looking after him it would have been different but who knows, limelight and pressure affected him greatly and ulimately he paid the highest price, no matter what still a lengeng in my eyes.

David Beckham

Probably one of the most overated players i have seen except his art of crossing a ball and being a dead ball expert, but in his defence he was the total opposite of George, he seems to thrive on the pressure and has used the limelight and clean livin lifestyle and media to make himself a very rich boy, good luck to him.

It all comes down to the personality and how they handle there emotions and fame, some like a drink, who doesn't? some say no and take the other route, in defence of some of these players it wouldn't be nice having a camera lens shoved in your face every time ya go to the shop. Maybe i'm wrong but certain people handle themselves better than others, hence the club should be educating these stars accordingly and reninding them who pays the bills.

I think this whole bevvying culture thing is getting taken way out of context. I have the book also, and i'm pretty sure Barry says in it that he only goes out on a Saturday night after a game, and not even every week. I don't see what the problem with this is, it's not like he (or any of the players i'm sure) is going out and getting lashed the night before a game, or even during the week and missing training - do people expect players to never go out and unwind? Even the famous 9 in a row "team that drinks together, wins together" got taken totally the wrong way. I doubt this means they were drinking all the time, where in the quote does it say that? I guarantee you that if that if the team had been going out just about every night, getting wasted and missing training, there is no way we would have won 9 in a row. It's absolutely fine with me if players want to go out and celebrate a win the night after a game, when they probably don't have training on the Sunday, and i don't think there has been any evidence to suggest that that isn't all they are doing.

In just about every game this year -- except the St. Mirren game, the last Bazza played for PLG -- Barry has easily been our best player on the pitch. And usually, it's a MOTM performance -- including Europe. If Barry is a piss head, then it couldn;' happen. IF he IS, then I'll have 6 pints of what he's drinking because it just isn't possible given what is required in todays game fitness wise. It's one thing to sit in the penalty box with a hangover -- like Boyd, but Barry runs the game.

Can't see it tbh.

I think this whole bevvying culture thing is getting taken way out of context. I have the book also, and i'm pretty sure Barry says in it that he only goes out on a Saturday night after a game, and not even every week. I don't see what the problem with this is, it's not like he (or any of the players i'm sure) is going out and getting lashed the night before a game, or even during the week and missing training - do people expect players to never go out and unwind? Even the famous 9 in a row "team that drinks together, wins together" got taken totally the wrong way. I doubt this means they were drinking all the time, where in the quote does it say that? I guarantee you that if that if the team had been going out just about every night, getting wasted and missing training, there is no way we would have won 9 in a row. It's absolutely fine with me if players want to go out and celebrate a win the night after a game, when they probably don't have training on the Sunday, and i don't think there has been any evidence to suggest that that isn't all they are doing.

I don't think anyone is suggesting players are out every night, or every weekend. However how often it is, or how much is being drunk, it is effecting the players football.

PLG recognised this, he explained he was shocked by the states of some players showing up for training. When he brought it to everyone's attention, it was brushed aside as just a social drink.

I know when I am at work with a hangover I'm not motivated and I just want to go home. I would be surprised if the players did not feel the same.

Whether 6 6 6 has been our best player in every game this season or not is totally irrelevant

As it is i thinki 6 6 6 IS our BEST player this season, by a country mile.

But he is NOT our MOST INFLUENTIAL. Prso when he plays is far5 more influential and that is the crux of the problem with 6 6 6 . whilst he plays well he doesn't make the team play well and demotivates others.

Whether The poster of this message is a plankhas been our best player in every game this season or not is totally irrelevant

As it is i thinki The poster of this message is a plankIS our BEST player this season, by a country mile.

But he is NOT our MOST INFLUENTIAL. Prso when he plays is far5 more influential and that is the crux of the problem with The poster of this message is a plank whilst he plays well he doesn't make the team play well and demotivates others.

Total rubbish Alba. Regardless of whether the team is playing well or not, Fergie still stands out head and shoulders above the rest. You have an agenda against Ferguson whether you admit it or not, and he'll never be good enough in your eyes.

He'll be our captain for many years to come, and 90% of us are very happy with that.

The fact that you have chosen not to read what I actually said demonstrates that your assessment of 6 6 6 is not based on objectivity.

I have never questioned the ability of 6 6 6. I have always stated that he is our best player (by a country mile I think I said)

His ability is not in question.

His status as a person and more importantly as a captain is highly questionable. He IS NOT a positive influence ion the team and the evidence of that has been there every week for a long time and was never more evident than in Israel this week.

Total rubbish Alba. Regardless of whether the team is playing well or not, Fergie still stands out head and shoulders above the rest. You have an agenda against Ferguson whether you admit it or not, and he'll never be good enough in your eyes.

He'll be our captain for many years to come, and 90% of us are very happy with that.

Yes but thats not what Alba is saying...

Its the ability or lack of it... to inspire....to motivate...to man manage which he is criticising.

Im glad Barry is a poor loser...as Souness once said "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser"

Just playing well or being head and shoulders above everyone else is not the only way to inspire others.