***Maurice Edu Out For 3 Months***

Amac9

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dods and Loovens are nothing but animals and those two should be hammered, respective of if Edu was crocked or not. Bad news about Thommo though, was looking forward to seeing him back. Get well soon bears (tu)

Terrible news but it wont effect us that much with a long pre-season to try players like Davis in CM, we should be fine (tu)

Yes, that's the most realistic and sensible thing to do but no doubt we will see Lee McCulloch lining up in CM for the start of the new season :(

RANGERS midfielder Maurice Edu will miss the start of the 2009/10 season after undergoing medial ligament surgery in London yesterday.

Edu was ruled out of Saturday's Scottish Cup final victory over Falkirk after damaging his left knee after a crunching challenge from Dundee United's Darren Dods at Tannadice on May 24.

Top London surgeon Andy Williams carried out a successful operation on the American yesterday - but he is expected to be out of action for a minimum three months and now faces a fight to be ready for the start of the Champions League campaign in mid-September.

advertisementThe news is a huge personal blow for the former Toronto player who had excelled at the end of the season and looked odds-on to be a regular starter.

The 23-year-old has also been forced to withdraw from the US national team for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers with Costa Rica and Honduras and the Confederations Cup tournament later this month.

Kevin Thomson, meanwhile, has been making excellent progress with the physios at Murray Park and is ahead of schedule but, like Edu, might not return to Walter Smith's plans until September.

The player himself believes he will be back before then. However, after seven months out Rangers medical staff will take no chances.

With Barry Ferguson's future at Ibrox uncertain, today's news will come as a big blow for Smith who would have wanted his squad to be at full strength for the start of the new campaign.

Fucking awful news - both could have done with a proper pre-season, but will now miss it.

The simple thing to do would be to bring Davis into his proper position, and, play him alongside Mendes, but I just get the feeling that we'll go into next season with either Lee McCulloch or Barry Ferguson in there, which is a nightmare of a situation :anguish:

The thought of both Edu, and, Thomson out worries me, the thought of both Ferguson, and, McCulloch still being at Rangers worries, and, annoys me even more. The thought of either of them trying to play Champions League football, along with SPL football scares the shit out of me.

Worst case I'd think. Thommo is ahead of schedule -- and EDU won't be out of 3 months. Just my amazing 6th sense at work here.

EDU back after 6-8 weeks. Thommo Mid Aug. No Worries Bears.

Worst case I'd think. Thommo is ahead of schedule -- and EDU won't be out of 3 months. Just my amazing 6th sense at work here.

EDU back after 6-8 weeks. Thommo Mid Aug. No Worries Bears.

I agree mate.

I don't think either of them will be out as long as first feared (tu)