TFIO - Have you sang it at a game?

Tontospal

Ive never sung it and never will. Its nothing to do with Rangers. I only sing the songs that have Rangers in them. This is a new song that has nothing to do with our traditions and is purely there to wind up the other half of Glasgow...

whats wrong with winding up t**** do you have no backbone

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never sung it and never will. Its nothing to do with Rangers. I only sing the songs that have Rangers in them. This is a new song that has nothing to do with our traditions and is purely there to wind up the other half of Glasgow...

Im sure He would rather we joined hands and sang koom byah.

Im sure He would rather we joined hands and sang koom byah.

i dont mind the odd tambourine singing session but i just love noising up earls slightly more

Theres nothing offensive in it, its a fucking disgrace its been made as to be such a taboo!!

They say things like fuck queen and country and fuck the UK and wave Ireland flags so why dont they go home is perfectly reasonable!!

Its also stupid as the famine affected the North as well as the south...are we sending our Ulster fans home too?

It's got absolutely nothing to do with those who were killed or affected by the Famine. To suggest so is just nonsense. The song is basically directed at Scottish-born Celtic supporters who hold more of an affinity with another country than their own. These supporters constantly mourn the Famine and claim it as part of their heritage.

So we simply pose the question: It's over, why not go "home"?

Is that clear enough for you, or do you just like to be offended on someone else's behalf?

Certainly racist and offensive if sung at Irish, Southern and Northern. Certainly not if sung at Scottish born people, especially those whose with links to Ireland are only borne from a grey and green shirt or a long standing chip on a shoulder.

That's the point here. Too many people who are ignorant of the real targets of the song are using the Famine aspect to portray it as being anti-Irish racism. Despite it being sung at fans of a Scottish football team.

There is the real racism there. Claiming that a Scottish football can be victims of anti-Irish racism. I've never heard so much nonsense. <cr>

Its also stupid as the famine affected the North as well as the south...are we sending our Ulster fans home too?

It's got absolutely nothing to do with those who were killed or affected by the Famine. To suggest so is just nonsense. The song is basically directed at Scottish-born Celtic supporters who hold more of an affinity with another country than their own. These supporters constantly mourn the Famine and claim it as part of their heritage.

Is that clear enough for you, or do you just like to be offended on someone else's behalf?

That is not clear in anyway..... Do the words talk about plastic paddies????? No! These kind of songs just land us in the shit every time. When a song has very few lyrics but do include "go home" it can be interpretated as a Racist phrase. Im sorry but it can... And if it has nothing to do with the migration of the victims of the famine then why mention this? Explain why the mention of the famine is there?...Im all for winding the scum up ...but not at the expense of the club through bad publicity and the possibility of fines and points being removed..And also if we are talking about people who care about another country more than their own...does that mean that we shouldnt fly the Northern Ireland flags...no i dont think so

That is not clear in anyway..... Do the words talk about plastic paddies????? No! These kind of songs just land us in the shit every time. When a song has very few lyrics but do include "go home" it can be interpretated as a Racist phrase. Im sorry but it can... And if it has nothing to do with the migration of the victims of the famine then why mention this? Explain why the mention of the famine is there?...Im all for winding the scum up ...but not at the expense of the club through bad publicity and the possibility of fines and points being removed..And also if we are talking about people who care about another country more than their own...does that mean that we shouldnt fly the Northern Ireland flags...no i dont think so

no one is telling anyone to go home, the song states "The famine is over,WHY dont you go home".

do yo understand.

Theres nothing offensive in it, its a fucking disgrace its been made as to be such a taboo!!

They say things like fuck queen and country and fuck the UK and wave Ireland flags so why dont they go home is perfectly reasonable!!

(tu) You tell 'em mate!! :uk:

I canny believe some Rangers fans on here defending the people who say the Famine song is rascist.

Fur fuck sake" The Famine is over why don't you go home?" is a ditty aimed at winding up that idiotic Irish lovers at the Tattie dome,some of whom have no Irish decent....

They came over here at the height of the Famine and settled...That was in the 1840's.........Before the American civil war for christ sake.....

It's now 2009 and some of their great great great great and even great grand kids still think they are Irish,they still march with their Irish flags,they still sing Anti British songs,they sing anti monarchy songs and proclaim themselves Irish and not British.....so all we're saying is.

Tha Famine ended 160 years ago so if you still love the old country then WHY don't you go back to the old country and leave the people who love our country to stay here..

Simples

I canny believe some Rangers fans on here defending the people who say the Famine song is rascist.

Fur fuck sake" The Famine is over why don't you go home?" is a ditty aimed at winding up that idiotic Irish lovers at the Tattie dome,some of whom have no Irish decent....

They came over here at the height of the Famine and settled...That was in the 1840's.........Before the American civil war for christ sake.....

It's now 2009 and some of their great great great great and even great grand kids still think they are Irish,they still march with their Irish flags,they still sing Anti British songs,they sing anti monarchy songs and proclaim themselves Irish and not British.....so all we're saying is.

Tha Famine ended 160 years ago so if you still love the old country then WHY don't you go back to the old country and leave the people who love our country to stay here..

Simples

exactly, nail on head :praise:

Simples

Im not saying that it is racist...what im saying is that it can be interpreted as being so...the song is not specific enough to be aimed at these people..we are just giving amunition to the scum by singing it. If there was no mention of the famine and other words were used to make it more specific then it could not be misinterpreted as a racist ani-Irish song.

At least its better than FTP at least

Never sung it, never will. IMO, there's really no need.

Disagree. There is always a place in football for winding the rivals up. (tu)

It's not only them we're winding up though. There is no need for it.

Biggest pile of nonsense i've heard in a while,its a dig at SCOTTISH Celt*c fans,and a very good one at that.

Therefore it cant be racist,and all this bullshit "it could be taken as a dig at the folks who died or came over"

Well its not,deal with facts not what "it could be" or "what it sounds like"

I don't think any rangers fan will claim the song is racist, of course it isn't but the song has run into trouble for various reasons

"why don't you go home" is clumsy rhetoric that wouldn't sound out of place at a far right rally. It doesn’t matter who you are singing it to and your intentions behind it….. it's very easy to misrepresent

The masked morons from you tube that put horrifically bad verses round this song have made it easy for the press and judiciary to say we are just singing the chorus to a racist/bigoted song.

The filth have badgered anyone who would listen about this song. How a support like there's gets allowed to take any type of moral high ground amuses me more than anything else.

I hope we don't sing this in Europe next season as I believe we will get in trouble for it, anything who thinks we won't has the head buried deep in the sand

Some days i am a happy man i don't need to live in the same country at these permantly offended inbreds

If you answer yes to the first question then it really could have been you in court on these preposterous charges. How would you feel then?

I presume that this will be another persecution of an individual Rangers fan that will be commented on but then ignored by the tens of thousands of our fans who have sung this song because it wasn't them or someone they know who was affected.

This is the kind of situation where we should be united and make a stand. We all know that the song is not racist and that any Rangers fan could have been handed a criminal record for singing it but I'm pretty sure it will pass without anything being done to help this Rangers fan.

Interestingly you make no attempt to suggest what you personally intend to do to 'help this fan'.

You rather self righteously remove yourself from it and delegate it to everyone else in a slightly condescendingly manner.

You've cracked it mate !!! :praise:

Two Faced C**ts Loyal :rolleyes:

This just goes to show that some of the people that sing these type of songs have no clue what they are singing about.