1. 1. our 3 keepers.

• 1. Allan McGregor
    • 25. Neil Alexander
    • 60. Grant Adam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan McGregor had a brief period in the 2007/08 season when he played well above the standard he set before and since. This appears to be the basis of the argument that he is a better keeper than Alexander.

If you believe that he'll somehow find that form again, then fair enough. Personally I think the form he has shown throughout most of his career is the real McGregor.

On that basis Alexander is clearly the better keeper.

alexander should have kept his place ,he came in and done a great job , mcgregor is more liable to make the great save but also more liable to make the mistakes re hearts today , alexander is solid less likely to make mistakes , and by the way scott gallacher is number 3 before grant adam

Alexander, better handling, better positioning, better communication with the defence, better ambassador for the club.

McGregor at his best can make fantastic saves but he hasn't been at his best for a long time and I honestly don't see him recapturing that form. What good is a great save like in the second half if you let in howlers like the first half? I'd prefer consistency between the sticks.

Alexander, did nothing to deserve getting dropped and after letting a not very hard shot squirm in the way it did shows that he is still prone to silly mistakes. Another thing as well is the way his private life seems to be in the papers every weekend and the way he and his bird court publicity shows that he is not fully focussed on what he paid to do.

Alexander, did nothing to deserve getting dropped and after letting a not very hard shot squirm in the way it did shows that he is still prone to silly mistakes. Another thing as well is the way his private life seems to be in the papers every weekend and the way he and his bird court publicity shows that he is not fully focussed on what he paid to do.

Agree mate i thought it was harsh what happend to him, two seasons in a row and he has easily proved when hes stepped in hes as good if not better than mcgregor. He can kick the ball alot better too, you think mcgregor would practice kick outs cause hes awful at them.