David Weir

Andy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been great but he does get slow in the last 20 mins of games I have noticed. I would give him a rest in the league cup and give the young lad Wilson a run out it would benefit both parties in the long run. Just think we Weir came we were leaking goals like sex at a brothal. He has been a great signing!!!!

we'll just take a page out of celtic's book and sweep sweep certain penalty decisions under the carpet lol

seriously though he is a fantastic guy and footballer

We did have a couple of shouts for penalties ourselves, especially the one where Novo was penalised for a hand ball when he in fact got pushed in the back!

He won his fair share of headers and is excellent for his age but the timing has gone from his tackles. He's far too late a lot of the time and will give away a lot of free-kicks and maybe a couple of penalties by the end of the season.

He's still a hero though. Davis was our best player today. Love it when he gets a chance to play in the middle.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

He won his fair share of headers and is excellent for his age but the timing has gone from his tackles. He's far too late a lot of the time and will give away a lot of free-kicks and maybe a couple of penalties by the end of the season.

He's still a hero though. Davis was our best player today. Love it when he gets a chance to play in the middle.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Not at all mate.

He was very late with some tackles, but at the time I wasn't bothered - I just saw it as some divine retribution and didn't care as it was Celtic players writhing around in agony.

However, looking back now, it could have cost us against a better ref.

Just read this thread just now, and I am in disbelief.

Yes, he's a great guy and he's been a great signing, but IMO he is declining game by game. On another day he would have cost us that game, also very lucky he was up against Scott Mcdonald and not the quality you get in the Champions League.

Yes, he's a great guy and he's been a great signing, but IMO he is declining game by game. On another day he would have cost us that game, also very lucky he was up against Scott Mcdonald and not the quality you get in the Champions League.

I totally agree. Gave away what should have been 2 pens with lazy, mistimed challenges in the box. Has been awful in recent games, lacks the dynamism you need in a centre back these days and the shape of our team is destroyed by having to defend so deep to compensate for him. I must be watching another team.

I enjoyed the win yesterday but all of the praise for Walter and Davie Weir leaves me dumbfounded.

I totally agree. Gave away what should have been 2 pens with lazy, mistimed challenges in the box. Has been awful in recent games, lacks the dynamism you need in a centre back these days and the shape of our team is destroyed by having to defend so deep to compensate for him. I must be watching another team.

I enjoyed the win yesterday but all of the praise for Walter and Davie Weir leaves me dumbfounded.

Fuck off.

1 Pen.

With Bougherra out and Papac alongside him, Weir done exactly what he had to.

He kept the team together.

He gave what was (on the mostpart) one of his most solid performances in a while and he led by example, passed the ball well, and was never afraid to have the ball at his feet.

He gave what was (on the mostpart) one of his most solid performances in a while and he led by example, passed the ball well, and was never afraid to have the ball at his feet.

Having the ball at his feet was not of massive importance. Imo being walked round by maloney was something he should have focused more on.

Having the ball at his feet was not of massive importance. Imo being walked round by maloney was something he should have focused more on.

You're right, because keeping the ball isn't an important aspect of winning a match.

Maloney was getting in by the right full-back for 90 minutes, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good Davie-Bashing.

The one on Maloney was the one that worried me most.

It just wasn't a Davie Weir tackle - he wasn't even doing that a year ago.

And it was only 12 minutes in as well, so he was hardly 'tired'.

I'm still amazed that it wasn't a penalty. Alstone and myself - in the back row of Club Deck (and you know how far away that is!) said instantly to each other: "Stone waller!"

But it was a performance of two or three rash tackles and the rest almost perfect, yet we're focussing on the two or three bad bits - who'd be a footballer, eh? :)

I'm still amazed that it wasn't a penalty. Alstone and myself - in the back row of Club Deck (and you know how far away that is!) said instantly to each other: "Stone waller!"

But it was a performance of two or three rash tackles and the rest almost perfect, yet we're focussing on the two or three bad bits - who'd be a footballer, eh? :)

Are you talking about the one that Maloney got booked for diving for?

Are you talking about the one that Maloney got booked for diving for?

No.

The first one that was an absolute stone wall penalty.

You're right, because keeping the ball isn't an important aspect of winning a match.

Maloney was getting in by the right full-back for 90 minutes, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good Davie-Bashing.

I'm not davie bashing? Are you o.k? I like him, he's a great guy who has been a good player for rangers but imo his lack of pace is becoming a huge problem and more and more often we see him skinned or mistiming tackles. I also feel we have to sit really deep to compensate for him which means us giving up possession for the majority of matches.

I was trying to make the point that a defenders 1st job is to defend which he didn't do very well yesterday as on another day we would have conceded 2 penalities. You will also have noted if you watched the match yesterday that we didn't really have any possession.

I am allowed to have an opinion of him as a player without it being Davie-bashing.