Edu optimistic to be back playing in 4 weeks

Boab

By Andrew Dickson

MO EDU expects to get the green light from doctors to resume full training when he visits London this week for another knee consultation.

The American midfielder has been out of action since he was hurt in the last league game of last season at Dundee United.

He was fouled by Darren Dods just before half-time and the resulting free kick led to Pedro Mendes scoring the second goal in an emphatic 3-0 win.

But while that meant SPL title joy for Rangers, the foul on Edu has proved costly as he has been out for more than four months.

The 23-year-old had been restricted to gym sessions in recent weeks but has since been able to start running outdoors again.

Now he's hoping for the all-clear that allows him to begin working normally with his team mates once more.

Getting Edu back would be a massive boost for Gers, who have been without a number of key players in recent weeks.

The player said: "I'm travelling down to London and I'm optimistic of being back playing within the next four weeks."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1819001,00.html

Great news, where would you fit him in?

By Andrew Dickson

MO EDU expects to get the green light from doctors to resume full training when he visits London this week for another knee consultation.

The American midfielder has been out of action since he was hurt in the last league game of last season at Dundee United.

He was fouled by Darren Dods just before half-time and the resulting free kick led to Pedro Mendes scoring the second goal in an emphatic 3-0 win.

But while that meant SPL title joy for Rangers, the foul on Edu has proved costly as he has been out for more than four months.

The 23-year-old had been restricted to gym sessions in recent weeks but has since been able to start running outdoors again.

Now he's hoping for the all-clear that allows him to begin working normally with his team mates once more.

Getting Edu back would be a massive boost for Gers, who have been without a number of key players in recent weeks.

The player said: "I'm travelling down to London and I'm optimistic of being back playing within the next four weeks."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1819001,00.html

Great news, where would you fit him in?

In midfield? :pipe:

Under these propossed new European laws regarding missing holidays through sickness/injury he'd be due a break before returning to duty. ;)

Be good to see him back. This squad needs him.

Under these propossed new European laws regarding missing holidays through sickness/injury he'd be due a break before returning to duty. ;)

Be good to see him back. This squad needs him.

Agree mate, and for where would i fit him in question, i would put him in for McCulloch, i think Edu fits the defensive role better

where would you fit him in?

All being fit.

:edu: :thomson:

:davis:

:Naismith: :lafferty: :rothen:

Six players in there who are capable of getting forward, also knowing that there is going to be cover, incase we give away possession. Would also allow Davis to play in a more advanced central role, where he can get on the ball, dictate play, run with it, and try to create....along with playing his defence splitting balls.

Team can transform into so many formations; 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2....

All being fit.

Six players in there who are capable of getting forward, also knowing that there is going to be cover, incase we give away possession. Would also allow Davis to play in a more advanced central role, where he can get on the ball, dictate play, run with it, and try to create....along with playing his defence splitting balls.

Yes (tu)

Hopefully he is back sooner than later. However he hasn't had a pre season so it will take him a few weeks to get back to full match sharpness. His situation is much like Kevin Thomson's. Just hope the fans don't get on his back when he is trying to gain match sharpness

Hopefully he is back sooner than later. However he hasn't had a pre season so it will take him a few weeks to get back to full match sharpness. His situation is much like Kevin Thomson's. Just hope the fans don't get on his back when he is trying to gain match sharpness

Sounds like a triumph of hope over experience unfortunately, we are an impatient bunch :dry:

All being fit.

that looks very good on paper. hopefully we get to see it sometime and it lives up to our expectations. One very good thing is that bar rothen they are all young edu is 23, thomson and davis are both 24, naismiths 23 and lafferty is 22. If we can hang on to them all that could be the backbone of our team for years.

All being fit.

I would interchange Miller and Lafferty for when either one gets tired from a run of games up front on their own.

All being fit.

yes yes a thousand times yes

He was saying yesterday on his twitter page..."I know u guys been asking for an update, my injurys getting better but still needs time...dunno an exact return date but hopefully soon"

If the time line is 4 weeks, then that's great news (tu)

Just went on his Twitter and noticed he was speaking to Jozy Altidore. This is what Altidore said to him -

um nigga how u get all them followers so fast lmao yall niggas and ur web scandals lmao u and freddy funny

:craphead:

He was saying yesterday on his twitter page..."I know u guys been asking for an update, my injurys getting better but still needs time...dunno an exact return date but hopefully soon"

Just went on his Twitter and noticed he was speaking to Jozy Altidore. This is what Altidore said to him -

um nigga how u get all them followers so fast lmao yall niggas and ur web scandals lmao u and freddy funny

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: