A win, but that was awful!

Muff

I know certain people will be have a go, but I couldn’t really give a shit. Once again, we were awful, and although we took all three points, our performance, especially in that 1st half, was a disgrace. We seem to be getting worse.

First of all the managers team selection has to be questioned. Why bring Lee McCulloch in, and play with two left backs down the left side? Why drop both Steven Naismith, and Kenny Miller? Why continue to play with this 4-4-2 formation, when it’s clearly not working? If the Unirea game was on their minds, then they should be shot!

Once again there was no width, pace, balance, our players lacked the basics. We were 2nd best for the majority of the game, and once again, the opposition showed that they wanted it more. We see it every week, the players look like they are half asleep, like they can’t be arsed, and it’s not good enough. The time, space, and respect we gave St. Johnstone was incredible, you’d think we were playing Barcelona, and not a bunch of fucking tractor boys.

There is absolutely no creativity in this squad, we must have the slowest bunch of players in history – Whittaker, Weir, McCulloch, Papac, Thomson, Smith, Rothen, Boyd, and Lafferty. The lack of movement in midfield, and upfront is scary – the Boyd and Lafferty partnership is one I never want to see again. It was hopeless.

Wasteful in posession (when we managed to get it), panicy, wreckless tackles, no movement, leadership, unable to take control of the game, link up, lack of quality, a cutting edge, absolutely no composure or organisation – not a fucking clue. The 1st half performance was one of the worst I have seen in a long time, it was worse than the two games against Kilmarnock, and Motherwell, and no wonder Ally McCoist was losing the plot on the touchline. What the hell goes on at Murray Park? Pass and move – do our players know the meaning?

How Lee McCulloch continues to get a game I will never know – he is absolutely brutal, and the same goes for Stevie Smith.

Kevin Thomson is clearly not fit, and he offers absolutely nothing at this moment in time – he doesn’t protect the back four, he cannot run, slow as death, can’t tackle, or pass....

Jerome Rothen, is he really any better than Charlie Adam? I think I got far too excited over this signing. He is slow, possibly slower than David Weir. He’s far too wasteful, he cannot beat a man, his passing is far too sloppy, and his delivery, which his game is all about, is atrocious. Back to the bench!

Our £3.5m striker had an absolute nightmare. He need’s to learn how to control a ball, lift his head, learn the offside rule, and move his lazy backside. Burnley must still be pissing themselves at the money we spunked on this average at best football player. I wish our manager would tell him to stop trying those ridiculous flicks, and backheels, that he does not have the ability to pull off, especially when the game is not going our way. Been at the club for over a year, and not done anything of note, bar on a few occassions.

Bar his goal, Kris Boyd was woeful yet again – drop, get rid....

Full of running, but Steven Davis has to get involved more often., Yet again he was non existant for too long, away for home, although it can’t be easy when there is absolutely no movement upfront!

Steven Whittaker has to go back to the start, and learn how to defend.

Once again our management team, and players showed that we have no plan b. Our players showed that even after a dire 1st half performance, followed by a bollocking, that they still can’t raise their game – why is this?

I’m fed up of seeing piss poor, dire, turgid football from a bunch of pretenders . I’m fed up of seeing boring, negative tactics, giving the opposition too much respect....something has to change, and fast. Unfortunatley, our manager thought we played well in spells <cr>:anguish:

I also hope Madjid Bougherra has a good reason to why he has not shown up, or got in contact – he’s had over 5 days, and tbh, it’s unacceptable IMO.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know certain people will be have a go, but I couldn’t really give a shit. Once again, we were awful, and although we took all three points, our performance, especially in that 1st half, was a disgrace. We seem to be getting worse.

First of all the managers team selection has to be questioned. Why bring Lee McCulloch in, and play with two left backs down the left side? Why drop both Steven Naismith, and Kenny Miller? Why continue to play with this 4-4-2 formation, when it’s clearly not working? If the Unirea game was on their minds, then they should be shot!

Once again there was no width, pace, balance, our players lacked the basics. We were 2nd best for the majority of the game, and once again, the opposition showed that they wanted it more. We see it every week, the players look like they are half asleep, like they can’t be arsed, and it’s not good enough. The time, space, and respect we gave St. Johnstone was incredible, you’d think we were playing Barcelona, and not a bunch of fucking tractor boys.

There is absolutely no creativity in this squad, we must have the slowest bunch of players in history – Whittaker, Weir, McCulloch, Papac, Thomson, Smith, Rothen, Boyd, and Lafferty. The lack of movement in midfield, and upfront is scary – the Boyd and Lafferty partnership is one I never want to see again. It was hopeless.

Wasteful in posession (when we managed to get it), panicy, wreckless tackles, no movement, leadership, unable to take control of the game, link up, lack of quality, a cutting edge, absolutely no composure or organisation – not a fucking clue. The 1st half performance was one of the worst I have seen in a long time, it was worse than the two games against Kilmarnock, and Motherwell, and no wonder Ally McCoist was losing the plot on the touchline. What the hell goes on at Murray Park? Pass and move – do our players know the meaning?

How Lee McCulloch continues to get a game I will never know – he is absolutely brutal, and the same goes for Stevie Smith.

Kevin Thomson is clearly not fit, and he offers absolutely nothing at this moment in time – he doesn’t protect the back four, he cannot run, slow as death, can’t tackle, or pass....

Jerome Rothen, is he really any better than Charlie Adam? I think I got far too excited over this signing. He is slow, possibly slower than David Weir. He’s far too wasteful, he cannot beat a man, his passing is far too sloppy, and his delivery, which his game is all about, is atrocious. Back to the bench!

Our £3.5m striker had an absolute nightmare. He need’s to learn how to control a ball, lift his head, learn the offside rule, and move his lazy backside. Burnley must still be pissing themselves at the money we spunked on this average at best football player. I wish our manager would tell him to stop trying those ridiculous flicks, and backheels, that he does not have the ability to pull off, especially when the game is not going our way. Been at the club for over a year, and not done anything of note, bar on a few occassions.

Bar his goal, Kris Boyd was woeful yet again – drop, get rid....

Full of running, but Steven Davis has to get involved more often., Yet again he was non existant for too long, away for home, although it can’t be easy when there is absolutely no movement upfront!

Steven Whittaker has to go back to the start, and learn how to defend.

Once again our management team, and players showed that we have no plan b. Our players showed that even after a dire 1st half performance, followed by a bollocking, that they still can’t raise their game – why is this?

I’m fed up of seeing piss poor, dire, turgid football from a bunch of pretenders . I’m fed up of seeing boring, negative tactics, giving the opposition too much respect....something has to change, and fast. Unfortunatley, our manager thought we played well in spells <cr>:anguish:

I also hope Madjid Bougherra has a good reason to why he has not shown up, or got in contact – he’s had over 5 days, and tbh, it’s unacceptable IMO.

Could not have put it better; we are very lucky still to be in title contention which says a lot about how basically dire the spl is.

Spot on as usual!

I can't remember the last time I was confident of us going away from him and destroying the opposition.

Sugar coat it anyway you like but we are a poor side packed with far too many average players not fit to wear the Rangers shirt!

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

You seem to be worse than my missus with the bitching and moaning.

No, not when I pay good money to go and watch complete and utter shite like that.

If your not going to contribute anything worthwhile, then don't post or reply to my posts.

If your happy with the level of performances this season, then fair do's, each to their own.

No, not when I pay good money to go and watch complete and utter shite like that.

If your not going to contribute anything worthwhile, then don't post or reply to my posts.

If your happy with the level of performances this season, then fair do's, each to their own.

You seem to know your going to watch utter shite so why pay good money?

I personally think you pay good money so you can have a good moan.

Totally agree. We unfortunately have a squad with alot of average players in it therefore there is no consistancy in our quality as the average players just can't perform to a high standard week in week out(something we should expect from a gers team more often than not). Some of our younger players must be thinking if I can't get a game now when will I ever!

you find the best parts of today then, 3 points aside, we were fucking minging and st johnstone deserved a point AT LEAST

how can this be the same team that looked like they could score everytime they went up the park in pre season against man city

during pre season we were fluid going forward

passes were nice, clean, crisp and more to the point, we held the ball well

since the SPL started our fitst touch has went out the window, i dont know how many times today a rangers player had to take 3 touches to control the ball

our passing is therefore hurried because our first 3 touches allow us to be closed down

the strikers play like their legs are chained together, god forbid if we didnt get that break of the ball for the equaliser then we would probably have lost today

and please dont give me that pish about boyd being there for the goal, if the st johnstone defender had any sense he would have just ran out his box and caught 2 or 3 of our players offside,

papac's goal was a great finish, then you see him trying to play a pass down the wing to naismith and he doesnt even put any weight behind it

i remember a rumour once back in smith's first era, that laudrup had to ask the lads to be kept behind after training to practise ball work as all smith and knox did was focus on running and fitness

i didnt believe it at all, but looking at our teams use of the ball you have to wonder if it was correct

All you do is come on here, pick people's posts out, and moan about them.

All you do is come on here, pick people's posts out, and moan about them.

Yes that is what I do doh<cr>:lol:

I must admit that Muff is very negitive most of the time and he is always complaining, but i agree with everything he said in this thread! Something needs to be done with that team!!

Spot on, this team struggles with the basics of football. The wins are only papering over the cracks, but I will still take the 3 points. We need to imrove and fast I do not accept that it is a dip in form.

Thankfully Sasa Papac expressed his frustration aswell.

The first-half was very poor and we have to look at why this happened.

It is not the first time, we have started slowly in some of our previous games also.

Spot on, this team struggles with the basics of football. The wins are only papering over the cracks, but I will still take the 3 points. We need to imrove and fast I do not accept that it is a dip in form.

There has been no form to have a dip.

total agree with muff but you'll get the usual lot burying their heads in the sands and have blind faith in walter due to his past sucesses. Rangers have to move forward and we cant keep playing this utter crap.

I didnt get to see the game but if we were shite then it should be said. If we had played well then everyone would be signing the praises of the players. Either way being honest isnt being negative. People pay a lot of money to see Rangers play and should be able to voice their opinions.

As someone stated earlier we have a LOT of average players who just cant keep up the consistancy each game. I am not a huge fan of ditching the spl (and potentially killing the scottish game) but Walter was correct that the old firm are dying a slow death staying in scotland. If this keeps us in five or so years we wont even be able to get in the europa league never mind the champs league. This atlantic league stuff or the english league are going to be essential for us to both get more funds and attract footballers who can play and need play against good competition each week. Until then expect this roller coaster ride or joy and frustration cause thats the way its gonna be.

Frankly awful performance. Poor defending from Weir and McCulloch. Papac, apart from his superb goal, had a poor game.

The midfield is so slow it's unbelievable. We seem to take about 20 mins to get up the park. Either that it's the good old fashioned kick and rush tactic to Boyd and Lafferty.

Rothen was extremely poor as well. Just doesn't seem to be getting out of first gear and his crosses today were frankly awful. Stevie Smith - is it just me or is he shit scared to make a mistake. He never wants to do anything apart from the basics and he didn't do them well today.

As far as the front two go. I expect the lack of movement etc from Boyd but Lafferty was just as bad today. The two of them should take a good look at themselves.

I appeal to Walter Smith please ditch the 4-4-2 and go 4-3-3. We need to pass the ball more and need more pace in the team.

I must admit that Muff is very negitive most of the time and he is always complaining, but i agree with everything he said in this thread! Something needs to be done with that team!!

Muff only speaks the truth where other fans dont look at the bigger picture, and are just happy that we got 3 points. That performance today was poor but at least we got the points, but we will not keep getting away with it and i hope we can improve and pull clear.