The Glaswegian Bar

tommy2212

Sad news, it was a good rangers pub :(

Hello folks,

This morning I handed back the keys of the pub to the management company.

In the many years of running the pub we’ve had great times and made many new friends. It has been a ball.

Sadly, the last year or so has been very, very tough for us and our punters. As the pub was leased we were paying a high rent and with the current economic climate the sums sadly no longer add up.

In past years the Glaswegian has been a bastion of Rangers and Loyalism in the Gorbals - legendary owners like Harry Heenan and John Carmichael have given it a tremendous history - I hope when the economic climate changes someone else will pick up the banner.

This week the Glaswegian was at it’s best - full of football and friendship - two Rangers games and a couple of days with our Hamburg friends. It was nice to go out on a high.

No doubt I’ll bump into many of you in the future at games or parades.

On behalf of Sharon, myself and all the staff I’d like to say thanks for all your support over the years. We had some wonderful times.

All the best.

BIG SAM

I hope someone brings it back to life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking shite. Yet the good ol bar 67, the dolphin, and the rest of the vermin hellholes will still remain open.

Welcome to protestant Britain.

Wonder what will happen now to the WKMFB day in the glassy this sunday? maybe change venue

GCC will be rubbing their hands over this :angry:

I don't think bluevalebomber (sam) posts on RM but if you do - good luck in the future and if that hovil '' the stadium bar'' ever comes on the market snap it up. That needs a rangers man to get rid of the bheggers in it. Absolute disgrace when a good bar like the glaswegian is closing its doors and a ta rrier pub like the stadium bar is thriving on bears matchday money

GCC will be rubbing their hands over this :angry:

I don't think bluevalebomber (sam) posts on RM but if you do - good luck in the future and if that hovil '' the stadium bar'' ever comes on the market snap it up. That needs a rangers man to get rid of the bheggers in it. Absolute disgrace when a good bar like the glaswegian is closing its doors and a ta rrier pub like the stadium bar is thriving on bears matchday money

Well said (tu)

Never good to hear about a Rangers pub closing. All the best to the owners for the future.

This will also be bad news for future Subcrawls in Glasgow.

Wasn't a Rangers pub, but subcrawl related the Honours Three on Shields Road shut down and is now an Italian restaurant meaning you need to go Paisley Road Toll instead.

I don't know what to say i'm actually absolutely gutted :(

It was the best Rangers pub on matchdays.. i had many great days/nights in there! even going in after getting beat or drawn it cheered u right up and reminded you that we are truley THE PEOPLE! I had my last drink in there on thursday with the HSV before we went to the pigger.. i hope its not to long before we all have another drink in there :h34rt:

A big thanks and all the best to Sam, Sharon and of course all the bar staff who were top class :praise: