'Has Reid began the break up of the term Old Firm ?'

BLUEDIGNITY

I hope so, I hate it with passion, being dragged in with them disgusts me. We have nothing in common, their disrespect of the War dead and Reid showing his hate of us at an agm has now confirmed this. :sherlock:

Not often I agree with you, but you're bang on here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand the whole furore over his comments. I mean he literally labelled us as being the work of Robert Burns, the greatest Scottish poet. It seems he was just using an analogy of poetry as football to state that we were and always will be the better club than them. But obviously he had to say it in a way that would carefully pass over the heads of most Celtic fans.

I don't understand the whole furore over his comments. I mean he literally labelled us as being the work of Robert Burns, the greatest Scottish poet. It seems he was just using an analogy of poetry as football to state that we were and always will be the better club than them. But obviously he had to say it in a way that would carefully pass over the heads of most Celtic fans.

Some journo would earn himself great kudos if he asked Dr Death to explain his comments. It would also be intressting to ask why he laid wreaths at Whitehall but is ashamed to wear a poppy at Torbet Towers.

S'pose it is a decent response from Bain.

But I'd much rather he'd said something along the lines of 'At RFC we have no need of lessons in anything from a club that covers up child rape, supports terrorism and hates the country in which it is based. If they love Ireland so much, why don't they go home? They wouldn't be missed.'

S'pose it is a decent response from Bain.

But I'd much rather he'd said something along the lines of 'At RFC we have no need of lessons in anything from a club that covers up child rape, supports terrorism and hates the country in which it is based. If they love Ireland so much, why don't they go home? They wouldn't be missed.'

We need one person to come out with a statement like this and set the ball rolling ! Murray should do it but he's a gutless greedy cunt ! He's no got the baws !:sherlock:

I hope so, I hate it with passion, being dragged in with them disgusts me. We have nothing in common, their disrespect of the War dead and Reid showing his hate of us at an agm has now confirmed this. :sherlock:

Exclusive: Rangers and Celtic in war of words over John Reid's 'cheap' shots

RANGERS last night rounded angrily on Celtic chairman John Reid - accusing him of aiming a volley of cheap shots at the Ibrox club.

The latest jibes came at Celtic's agm at the end of last week and after taking time to consider the behaviour of Reid, Rangers anger finally boiled over. And they claim Reid overstepped the mark when he described Rangers as a "boring crowd of Holy Willies".

They insist this comment, and perhaps one or two others uttered during Friday's meeting, broke an unwritten law between both clubs and feel certain chief executive Peter Lawwell wouldn't have indulged in such jibes.

Rangers, however, were left seething and claimed this wasn't the first time Reid had taken a pop.

And although they might be in the grubber right now Rangers stress their pride is intact and refuse to be belittled by other club officials.

They took calls yesterday asking if they thought Reid had contravened the SPL's code of conduct but chief executive Martin Bain refused to be drawn into a war of words.

He did, though, make it clear he and his club are furious and said: "In the past couple of years the cheap comments emanating from the chair at the Celtic AGM have been noticeable and attributable.

"It's disappointing as Rangers FC always show a level of respect for Celtic FC at these annual events.

"The pitch takes care of itself and off the field there has been a productive working relationship on a number of fronts.

"It's not surprising, however, and we will not become embroiled in offering opinion but maintain the dignity expected by those associated with Rangers .

"Our supporters and shareholders would expect this of the club."

I thought you might want to see this as I stumbled across it !

Wikkipedia - if you don't believe this !

According to George Galloway, Reid is an accomplished singer and guitar player and "taught a whole generation of Labour activists, including yours truly, the entire IRA songbook". The claim about his musicianship is supported by the fact that, in January 2001, he was named an honorary member of the Scottish group "The Big Elastic Band" and promised to play guitar on their next album[8]. He was an early member of Labour Friends of Israel.[9]

As much as I think galloway is just as big a tosser, I did hear him on talksport saying this about reid, though this is from a man who along with jim sillars, went on a "troops out of ireland" march in glasgow years ago. So they are as bad as each other.

:uk:

WATP

Thanks for that MacRanger I am sure we can use that in our fight against the scumbags and that is what they are ! The Official petition will start on Monday or Tuesday but as I have said you can comment on what you feel disgusted by, and feel is out of order with the tic fans,club or chairman and then name and city below.....and that will be carried on to the officialpetition !

post-50526-1257524373_thumb.jpg

I think the real reason for Reid/ Lawell/players etc, .making these sort of comments (and this is by no means the first time) is due to a deep rooted inferiority complex. They are Scotlands 2nd. club. Have always been Scotlands club.

And they know it. Their constant bad-mouthing of Rangers is their attempt at dragging us down to their level.

They are unable to climb out of the gutter so they try to drag us into it.

When you are unable to obey even the basic professional courtesies then your lack of class and dignity is blindingly obvious.

Given Reids reputation, any criticism from him is as good as a character reference.

Nail on head.

Utterly fucking superb post.

Now imagine Bain had released THAT to the media :D

Totally agree BLUE CYCLOPS quality writing !

That's actually a very good statement from Bain! :ohmy:

It says exactly what we would want, while also having a couple of more subtle digs in their direction.

Reid is obviously incompetent, he has had (and been moved on from) all these jobs in government:

MinisteR for the ArmEd Forces (MInister of State for Defence);

MinISter for TrAnsport;

SeCretary of State for Scotland;

Secretary of State for Northern Ireland;

Minister without Portfolio and LaboUr Party ChairmaN;

Leader of the House of Commons and Lord PresidenT of the Council;

Secretary of State for Health;

Secretary of State for Defence;

Secretary of State for the Home Department (Home Secretary).

Anyone who has been involved in selection processes knows that someone who has a long list of jobs on their CV is very, very suspect. No reputable company would employ somebody with such a list of failures on their CV.

That is what that reprobates CV spells out. ^^^^

That's actually a very good statement from Bain! :ohmy:

It says exactly what we would want, while also having a couple of more subtle digs in their direction.

Reid is obviously incompetent, he has had (and been moved on from) all these jobs in government:

MinisteR for the ArmEd Forces (MInister of State for Defence);

MinISter for TrAnsport;

SeCretary of State for Scotland;

Secretary of State for Northern Ireland;

Minister without Portfolio and LaboUr Party ChairmaN;

Leader of the House of Commons and Lord PresidenT of the Council;

Secretary of State for Health;

Secretary of State for Defence;

Secretary of State for the Home Department (Home Secretary).

Anyone who has been involved in selection processes knows that someone who has a long list of jobs on their CV is very, very suspect. No reputable company would employ somebody with such a list of failures on their CV.

That is what that reprobates CV spells out. ^^^^

:lol:(tu)