'Has Reid began the break up of the term Old Firm ?'

BLUEDIGNITY

I hope so, I hate it with passion, being dragged in with them disgusts me. We have nothing in common, their disrespect of the War dead and Reid showing his hate of us at an agm has now confirmed this. :sherlock:

Exclusive: Rangers and Celtic in war of words over John Reid's 'cheap' shots

RANGERS last night rounded angrily on Celtic chairman John Reid - accusing him of aiming a volley of cheap shots at the Ibrox club.

The latest jibes came at Celtic's agm at the end of last week and after taking time to consider the behaviour of Reid, Rangers anger finally boiled over. And they claim Reid overstepped the mark when he described Rangers as a "boring crowd of Holy Willies".

They insist this comment, and perhaps one or two others uttered during Friday's meeting, broke an unwritten law between both clubs and feel certain chief executive Peter Lawwell wouldn't have indulged in such jibes.

Rangers, however, were left seething and claimed this wasn't the first time Reid had taken a pop.

And although they might be in the grubber right now Rangers stress their pride is intact and refuse to be belittled by other club officials.

They took calls yesterday asking if they thought Reid had contravened the SPL's code of conduct but chief executive Martin Bain refused to be drawn into a war of words.

He did, though, make it clear he and his club are furious and said: "In the past couple of years the cheap comments emanating from the chair at the Celtic AGM have been noticeable and attributable.

"It's disappointing as Rangers FC always show a level of respect for Celtic FC at these annual events.

"The pitch takes care of itself and off the field there has been a productive working relationship on a number of fronts.

"It's not surprising, however, and we will not become embroiled in offering opinion but maintain the dignity expected by those associated with Rangers .

"Our supporters and shareholders would expect this of the club."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's actually a very good statement from Bain! :ohmy:

It says exactly what we would want, while also having a couple of more subtle digs in their direction.

Reid is obviously incompetent, he has had (and been moved on from) all these jobs in government:

Minister for the Armed Forces (Minister of State for Defence);

Minister for Transport;

Secretary of State for Scotland;

Secretary of State for Northern Ireland;

Minister without Portfolio and Labour Party Chairman;

Leader of the House of Commons and Lord President of the Council;

Secretary of State for Health;

Secretary of State for Defence;

Secretary of State for the Home Department (Home Secretary).

Anyone who has been involved in selection processes knows that someone who has a long list of jobs on their CV is very, very suspect. No reputable company would employ somebody with such a list of failures on their CV.

It says exactly what we would want, while also having a couple of more subtle digs in their direction.

Reid is obviously incompetent, he has had (and been moved on from) all these jobs in government:

Minister for Transport;

Anyone who has been involved in selection processes knows that someone who has a long list of jobs on their CV is very, very suspect. No reputable company would employ somebody with such a list of failures on their CV.

Add to the above

Sex Pest

Tutor of Terrorist Songs

Minister for Transport;

Add to the above

Sex Pest

Tutor of Terrorist Songs

I suppose being a cunt could be described as a job as well!

I hope so, I hate it with passion, being dragged in with them disgusts me. We have nothing in common, their disrespect of the War dead and Reid showing his hate of us at an agm has now confirmed this. :sherlock:

Exclusive: Rangers and Celtic in war of words over John Reid's 'cheap' shots

RANGERS last night rounded angrily on Celtic chairman John Reid - accusing him of aiming a volley of cheap shots at the Ibrox club.

The latest jibes came at Celtic's agm at the end of last week and after taking time to consider the behaviour of Reid, Rangers anger finally boiled over. And they claim Reid overstepped the mark when he described Rangers as a "boring crowd of Holy Willies".

They insist this comment, and perhaps one or two others uttered during Friday's meeting, broke an unwritten law between both clubs and feel certain chief executive Peter Lawwell wouldn't have indulged in such jibes.

Rangers, however, were left seething and claimed this wasn't the first time Reid had taken a pop.

And although they might be in the grubber right now Rangers stress their pride is intact and refuse to be belittled by other club officials.

They took calls yesterday asking if they thought Reid had contravened the SPL's code of conduct but chief executive Martin Bain refused to be drawn into a war of words.

He did, though, make it clear he and his club are furious and said: "In the past couple of years the cheap comments emanating from the chair at the Celtic AGM have been noticeable and attributable.

"It's disappointing as Rangers FC always show a level of respect for Celtic FC at these annual events.

"The pitch takes care of itself and off the field there has been a productive working relationship on a number of fronts.

"It's not surprising, however, and we will not become embroiled in offering opinion but maintain the dignity expected by those associated with Rangers .

"Our supporters and shareholders would expect this of the club."

I was told by a source that, in response to one angry questioner whom Reid took umbrage at, he allegedly asked, "Are you a h**?" :angry:

Needless to say this didn't make the news stands or TV reports.

My "source" is in the security end of things.....if you get my drift.

I was told by a source that, in response to one angry questioner whom Reid took umbrage at, he allegedly asked, "Are you a Hun?" :angry:

I heard that pretty early on, since then it appears he made comments like "wouldn't you be more at home in the other half of the city?" I haven't had the "hun" comment confirmed, if he said that it just confirms what we all know anyway, but it should be exposed. :mad:

I was told by a source that, in response to one angry questioner whom Reid took umbrage at, he allegedly asked, "Are you a h**?" :angry:

I heard that pretty early on, since then it appears he made comments like "wouldn't you be more at home in the other half of the city?" I haven't had the "h**" comment confirmed, if he said that it just confirms what we all know anyway, but it should be exposed. :mad:

By discussing it on here and elsewhere we ARE exposing this filthy beast of a man. :angry:

Nov 2 2009 James Traynor

"Our supporters and shareholders would expect this of the club.

Good statement from the Champions.

I don't think it's a good statement at all.

More 'But we are soooooo nice to them, why they not like us Mister ? :'( '.

Fuck them and fuck their Management, Directors, Players and Fans.

I CONCUR

Thank God you're not in charge of making statements for us! :D

As I've already said, a dignified response from Bain, exactly what was needed (tu)

Minister for Transport;

Why was he entrusted with all these jobs ? Has any other politician previously held as many in one government ? I think not ! A man of known ira sympathies, an ex government man who will not wear a sign of respect for the War Dead of this country ? Something far wrong there ? :sherlock:

Minister for Transport;

Why was he entrusted with all these jobs ? Has any other politician previously held as many in one government ? I think not ! A man of known ira sympathies, an ex government man who will not wear a sign of respect for the War Dead of this country ? Something far wrong there ? :sherlock:

(tu)

Tony Blair's pal, don't know what he held over "Sir" Tony to get all those jobs, he was chased out of every one for incompetence. Something wrong somewhere, methinks...

Absolutely what one would expect from a Chief Executive of The Rangers, Bain has answerd with the dignity I expect from our club, it's one of our traditions after all. No teddy throwing, no my dad's bigger than your dad stuff, just a dignified response with a couple of sly digs at them, but I'll bet they don't even notice the ignorant loutish unwashed degenerate scumbags, god how I hate them and everything about them. Just as well I aint our mouthpiece I suppose.

Well done Mr. Bain - not before time though!

Absolutely what one would expect from a Chief Executive of The Rangers, Bain has answerd with the dignity I expect from our club, it's one of our traditions after all. No teddy throwing, no my dad's bigger than your dad stuff, just a dignified response with a couple of sly digs at them, but I'll bet they don't even notice the ignorant loutish unwashed degenerate scumbags, god how I hate them and everything about them. Just as well I aint our mouthpiece I suppose.

Well done Mr. Bain - not before time though!

Did you notice what your friend Speirs had to say about him the other day. He was praising him to high heavens for all the important positions he has held.

This IRA song-singing little rodent, this sex-pest, this scum of a human being has no dignity, no class and no scruples.

He has pandered to the lowest common denominator amongst the Provo-loving Mhank support and has shunned any link he had with civilised Great Britain.

His refusal to wear a Poppy at their AGM last week speaks volumes about this dog and Rangers Football Club should distance themselves at all times from a cur like Reid.

I think the real reason for Reid/ Lawell/players etc, .making these sort of comments (and this is by no means the first time) is due to a deep rooted inferiority complex. They are Scotlands 2nd. club. Have always been Scotlands club.

And they know it. Their constant bad-mouthing of Rangers is their attempt at dragging us down to their level.

They are unable to climb out of the gutter so they try to drag us into it.

When you are unable to obey even the basic professional courtesies then your lack of class and dignity is blindingly obvious.

Given Reids reputation, any criticism from him is as good as a character reference.