Falkirk 3 vs. 3 Celtic (***Minute's silnce ruined***)

spireblue

Why is there nothing in the press about this? If the tables were turned it would be splattered everywhere and the hierarchy at RFC would be hounded for a statement. We'll see what happens today but right now it seems that they are to be protected at all cost right enough.

I agree there is a notable lack of mentions of this in the majority of the press that I've seen (most disappointingly - The Herald). But let's be fair, the following is in Scotland's most popular tabloid:

Unfortunately, this breathless encounter also came with a degree of sectarian baggage that too often blights our game.

Only around half of Celtic fans had taken their seats in the build-up to kickoff as the other half chose not to join with other supporters, players and officials in a minute of collective remembrance inside the stadium. That, of course, is their democratic right, fought for by the generations they chose not to honour.

However, there can be no excuse for the couple of dozen rabble rousers who chose their time in the car park to belt out a Republican anthem as Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell was spotted on television shaking his head in disbelief.

It was a selfish and shameful gesture that desecrated the memory of those who made the greatest sacrifice of all, including those Celtic players, the official Parkhead website poignantly reminded us yesterday, who fell in the First World War.

Fair play to Gary Ralston.

A couple of dozen, what were they using....loudspeakers?

The record reports it ok, but emphasise it was a minority then go on to show the club in a positive light. We are never afforded the same from them.

I don't believe Lawell was shaking his head in disbelief or disgust. He fully expected it hence the reason they tried to push for an applause. His contempt was on display by his refusal to wear a poppy.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporting Scotland:

The minutes silence was well observed inside the ground, but some Celtc fans outside the ground did disturb proceedings.

They played a couple of seconds of the singing and showed Lawell shaking his head.

I have reason to believe it wasn't as quiet inside the ground as they say, but the report wasn't too bad, in fairness.

Liewell still didn't have a Poppy on, been told some left their seats and went out to the back of the stand to have their rhebelfest ! :sherlock:

Was on NewsNow and saw an article saying that video is fake. :anguish: It's been 'doctored' apparently so they are saying this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG6dbz2bvEA...player_embedded - proves it was impeccably observed.

They're trying to say the singing is from people at the turnstiles just about to get in. I suppose their song about an Irish Catholic getting shot from a soldier was just a coincidence. Also, that mobile is low quality and doesn't give you the actual sound. How they can deny it is beyond me; I heard it live on a French channel.

At the end of that video you can hear one of them saying ''thats terrible''.

:craphead: I THOUGHT EVERY BODY INSIDE THE PARK OBSERVED MINS SILENCE BUT I HEARD SOME NOISE OUTSIDE

:craphead: WHAT THE HELLS WRONG WITH THE SCUM DO THEY NOT UNDER STAND THAT THEIR A LOT OF CATHOLICS

:craphead: FIGHTING AND DYING IN AGHAN JUST PURE SCUM :

i asked this earlier, and please dont take this the wrong way or anythin, bt whos this aidan guy?

He was a Catholic killed by accidental shooting from a british soldier, the t**** claim he was murdered by the british etc.

If they want to remember these people then fair play, while I hate the IRA I respect their struggle and their right to be opposed to British rule etc, but dont disrupt a minutes silence for War Dead in his name. Truly SCUM of the highest order.

how can you respect followers of an orginisation that openly murder children and bomb rememberance services

i despair some people on this site

i asked this earlier, and please dont take this the wrong way or anythin, bt whos this aidan guy?

He was a Catholic killed by accidental shooting from a british soldier, the t**** claim he was murdered by the british etc.

If they want to remember these people then fair play, while I hate the IRA I respect their struggle and their right to be opposed to British rule etc, but dont disrupt a minutes silence for War Dead in his name. Truly SCUM of the highest order.

how can you respect followers of an orginisation that openly murder children and bomb rememberance services

Here you go guys heres a wee test fot you. After the so called bloody sunday killings do you know how the ira retaliated? Lets see how the big brave ira fuckers got their own back. Anyone on here saying that they respect sellik fans singing songs about these inhuman assholes is fucking beyond me and all that on a fucking Rangers forum. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

One word i have for anyone thinking of "respect" towards their "struggle" is Eniskillen .

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I can't help noticing that Graham Speirs, whose The Game column is normally published in The Times on Tuesdays, seems not to be available this week.

That has spared him a big decision on whether to make a comment about a topic of much current interest, namely the non-silence at Falkirk.

Shame, as I'm sure it's a subject he would have loved to have tackled ;-)

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I can't help noticing that Graham Speirs, whose The Game column is normally published in The Times on Tuesdays, seems not to be available this week.

That has spared him a big decision on whether to make a comment about a topic of much current interest, namely the non-silence at Falkirk.

That's quite remarkable...

Next you'll be telling me Anna Smith might take the 'minority outside the ground' stance on Sunday. If the twisted cow mentions it at all.

Can you confirm this? Is the discredited journalist usually out on a Tuesday, or does it alternate with other weekdays?

This could prove significant. <cr>

Can you confirm this? Is the discredited journalist usually out on a Tuesday, or does it alternate with other weekdays?

This could prove significant. <cr>

On this page http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/ you will notice it says:

Tackling the big issues in Scotland

Scottish Football Correspondent Graham Spiers gets stuck in every Tuesday on TheGame Blog