Falkirk 3 vs. 3 Celtic (***Minute's silnce ruined***)

spireblue

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded well observed to me

you should have gont to EARSAVERS

There was maybe a tiny group but nothing major. Still a silence should be impeccable.

Falkirk fans now singing "Your scum and you know you are!" :craphead:

A "tiny group" "Nothing major" Were you at the game???

two thousand scum singing is NOT a tiny feckin group :anguish:

Sounded well observed to me

you should have gont to EARSAVERS

There was maybe a tiny group but nothing major. Still a silence should be impeccable.

Falkirk fans now singing "Your scum and you know you are!" :craphead:

A "tiny group" "Nothing major" Were you at the game???

two thousand scum singing is NOT a tiny feckin group :anguish:

mate, it didn't sound like 2,000 people.

i dunno how many were singing, but just saying i think 2,000 would be louder than the group of t**** that were singing

Disgusting. Absolutely vile creatures. Makes it worse personally, because I've just learned that a friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan a few months back (wasn't a close friend, but I did do basic training with him).

I have emailed Sky Sports asking why they drowned it out. I don't expect a reply anytime soon.

Good on ye mate. I wonder what the agenda is with things like this. WTF have Sky got to benefit from covering up vile behaviour of football fans. Its staggering when you think about it. Why are tims being protected by the media?

Ive done the same.

Im disgusted at that, just shown that video to my dad and he disgusted too.

I knew Sky had muted the sound as soon as the game started. You could hear the sound coming back. I have no idea why they would do this. I understand that it may upset some people to hear this disrespect. However, Rangers fans are consistently hung out to dry by the media. Did Sky consider not showing the acts of a minority on Wed night? It was highlighted and has been in the papers since then. It is about time some Celtic fans were shown for what they are. For too long, we have been made out to be the baddies, in the media. We sing sectarian songs, we are violent etc etc. I am sick of it. Things are being swept under the carpet all too often. For example, when Celtic fans fought with man city fans in pre season, and a three year old boy needed to go to hospital. Stick a rangers top on the culprit and its all over the news, celtic fan, it barely gets a mention. Sorry.Rant over. :angry:

this was my email to sky. i feeli covered most of the main issues

I am emailing you to inform you of the disgust felt by the majority of the Rangers support at sky sports. You have clearly muted the sound of the celtic support today(08/11/09)at the minute silence in memory of our war dead. It has become apparent that there where celtic fans outside the ground the chanting pro-IRA songs which we could not hear on your channel. Its ironic how you have took away the liberty of free speech and demonstration from the celtic fans today, notice that these are the very liberties in fact that our war dead fought and died for over the past century. The reason we know you did mute the volume is we have friends and family accross the globe who where watching online,austrailian tv and such. So please do not insult our inteligence when you do reply by saying somrthing along the lines of "we did no such thing" or anything similar, IT WILL NOT WASH. These fans are a disgrace and us Rangers supporters are outraged at your actions. Basically you have protected the club from being embarresed by their pro IRA support, which in turn makes the us believe that sky sports are pro-celtic and therefore anti-Rangers. I do look forward to your reply or excuse should i say.

I am emailing you to inform you of the disgust felt by the majority of the Rangers support at sky sports. You have clearly muted the sound of the celtic support today(08/11/09)at the minute silence in memory of our war dead. It has become apparent that there where celtic fans outside the ground the chanting pro-IRA songs which we could not hear on your channel. Its ironic how you have took away the liberty of free speech and demonstration from the celtic fans today, notice that these are the very liberties in fact that our war dead fought and died for over the past century. The reason we know you did mute the volume is we have friends and family accross the globe who where watching online,austrailian tv and such. So please do not insult our inteligence when you do reply by saying somrthing along the lines of "we did no such thing" or anything similar, IT WILL NOT WASH. These fans are a disgrace and us Rangers supporters are outraged at your actions. Basically you have protected the club from being embarresed by their pro IRA support, which in turn makes the us believe that sky sports are pro-celtic and therefore anti-Rangers. I do look forward to your reply or excuse should i say.

That is unbelieveable, I just watched the video totally disgusting. I really am totally shocked. I hope they get fucked for this.

sweep sweep.. always the same with this lot

Yup I cant see anything else happening, BBC had a chance to mention it in the match report and didnt bother. It will be intresting to see the newspapers tommorow.

Why do you have to mention anything about the "Rangers support"? This is an issue that has nothing to do with Rangers, so the name of our club should be left out.

Also, I think you have insulted your own "inteligence" by misspelling intelligence, and you should be "embarresed" :P

Why do you have to mention anything about the "Rangers support"? This is an issue that has nothing to do with Rangers, so the name of our club should be left out.

Also, I think you have insulted your own "inteligence" by misspelling intelligence, and you should be "embarresed" :P

(tu) was wondering what it had to do with Rangers.

From the official match writeup now published on soccernet.com:

"When the game kicked off, after a minute's silence for Remembrance Sunday that was well observed by all the fans inside the ground, it emerged the home side was different from the official team sheet."