Boyd

Bobby83

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be sold?

• Yes
    • No

I honestly think Boydy would reject any offer, like the Birmingham one, in order to remain at the club he loves and the only club he wants to play for.

Like Hutton did??? No doubt like 99% of players he will go where the money is which aint Ibrox...and will blame it on the club and the fans will lap it up.

Prove me wrong Kris, show you love Rangers and sign a deal at less than you'll get somewhre else...its simple really.

Now that he has ran his contract down his bargaining power with a new club is sky high and he will be getting offers double to three times what Rangers offer... If you really love Rangers Kris

You have to say the player and his agent have played a blinder

I think Boyd will stay until the end of the season. I think he wants to wait to see if there will be a new chairman with new finances in place. he has made it plainly obvious that he doesn't want to go anywhere. Most players would be desperate to leave with the amount of times he has been dropped for big games and the birmingham fiasco last season

I think we need rid of him to move up a level and become a better team but we risk losing him for nothing and hes our top scorer every season so it's a catch 22, i'd rather sell him in January for £1m or £1.5m whatever it may be than him to leave for free, I think he's off though, no matter what he could double his wages playing in England rather than take a pay-cut and he'll be 27 next summer so it will be his last chance for a big contract.

walter recently said that he expected kris boyd to overtake larsson as spl top scorer, needing 9 goals, i reckon he will be here after january...in the summer, that is a different story

he could always come back to the SPL before retiring but 9 goals isn't a lot to get he could probably get 9 goals in a season even if he was 40 and playing for St Mirren.

I think we need rid of him to move up a level and become a better team but we risk losing him for nothing and hes our top scorer every season so it's a catch 22, i'd rather sell him in January for £1m or £1.5m whatever it may be than him to leave for free, I think he's off though, no matter what he could double his wages playing in England rather than take a pay-cut and he'll be 27 next summer so it will be his last chance for a big contract.

Danny, if he goes in January Rangers will not get much of a fee and if we do the palyer and the agent will take at least half of it. If he is leavin why would he let Rangesr take £1.5 million when he could wait another 4 months and keep the £1.5 million for himself?

Danny, if he goes in January Rangers will not get much of a fee and if we do the palyer and the agent will take at least half of it. If he is leavin why would he let Rangesr take £1.5 million when he could wait another 4 months and keep the £1.5 million for himself?

True but £1.5m is reasonable its what the papers have said the tims would get for Caldwell, I think they got the same for Maloney aswell in the same situations. They would probably persuade him to go aswell as for a player January is a good time to move it means they get 6 months to settle in then start the next season settled instead of joining in the Summer and having to get started off and not really get into a season until half-way and if you've been unlucky with injury or anything the whole season could be out the window.

:rolleyes: ffs will we bring in a fortune type player? were will the goals come from? the messiah lafferty who everyone was raving about coming back from injury? who do we replace a 30 goal a season striker with? how much will this said striker cost? why do we want rid of the guy who knows were the net is?

be careful what u wish for.

will probably not get another out and out goal scorer for 400 grand again.

lafferty- jury out.

miller- worker, more and more injury prone and 29 coming on 30.

novo- as above, not so injury prone, but seen more as a wide midfielder these days.

naismith- dont know what he is these days.

lucky if there is 30 goals a season amongst that bunch.

Teams might bid 1-1.5 million for him in January, but it would take a massive offer to get him to move immediately.

When January comes, Boyd can sign a pre contract agreement with any team he likes and if he does that he will net himself a better signing on fee, better wages and a the chance to win another league title with us before he leaves us for pastures new.

It might be beneficial for Rangers to sell Boyd in January, but we can't force him out the door and at the moment he holds all the aces.

We have nobody but ourselves to blame for this mess.