Two more Gers stars in bust-up

zamba

By DEREK McGREGOR

RANGERS captain Davie Weir and Kyle Lafferty had a bitter half-time bust-up at Pittodrie on Saturday.

SunSport can reveal the Ibrox stars became the latest warring duo in the dressing room, less than 24 hours after Kenny Miller and Madjid Bougherra angrily clashed at Murray Park.

It's understood veteran Weir was disgusted with the attitude of £3.25million frontman Lafferty as Dons took a 1-0 lead into the break.

And Weir didn't hold back as he launched a fierce verbal volley at the stunned striker in front of his team-mates.

Lafferty hit back as boss Walter Smith and backroom men Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall tried desperately to restore order.

Lafferty - who has struggled for form during his 17 months with his boyhood heroes - was then told he was being subbed for Miller.

Meanwhile, Stevie Smith has told his Gers team-mates to get their fingers out and prove they are good enough to win two-in-a-row.

The Ibrox defender admits NO ONE can be happy with their performances this year.

Gers sit two points behind Celtic with a game in hand. But after meekly losing their first league game of the season 1-0 to Aberdeen last Saturday, the full-back reckons it's time Gers improved on EVERYTHING they do on the pitch.

He said: "Collectively we're not playing well just now. It's not down to just one or two people, it's EVERYONE.

"We need to go back to the drawing board and start doing the basics better.

"It's not the manager who needs to take a look at himself, it's the players.

"The first thing you need to do when you go to places like Aberdeen is win the battle.

"On Saturday Aberdeen won everything. They played better than us, they worked harder, they ran more."

Smith admits the SPL champs DON'T have the quality to rely on flair guiding them through the season.

He added: "All the success we've had since the manager came back has been down to hard work.

"We don't have individually brilliant players. We've been outworking teams and we need to get back to that.

"I don't know what's happened, it's hard to explain. The only way it's going to change is if we stick together and work harder."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...in-bust-up.html

The most worrying thing about this story is that someone is tipping off the papers about these things, which is a bad sign in itself.

I'm sure it goes on far more regularly than we hear about and frankly I couldn't care less but with a tight squad, nothing should leak out to the press.

On a positive note, I'm glad they're upset about recent performances - so they bloody should be!

IF true, who is feeding the gutter press all this information?

In recent weeks, the Daily Record has printed the team line hours before kick off. The press got hold of the Miller and Bougherra story, and now this. Now this story might not be true, but there is a good possibility of some truth in it!?

I'd just like to know how they are getting some of this information. There is obviously someone inside Rangers giving out this information, and it's time they were found out, and kicked out of Rangers!

In recent weeks, the Daily Record has printed the team line hours before kick off. The press got hold of the Miller and Bougherra story, and now this. Now this story might not be true, but there is a good possibility of some truth in it!?

I'd just like to know how they are getting some of this information. There is obviously someone inside Rangers giving out this information, and it's time they were found out, and kicked out of Rangers!

They were previously, under Advocaat. Whether it is the same person now..................

They were previously, under Advocaat. Whether it is the same person now..................

Jeez if you're talking about ratboy i don't think it's possible to hate him anymore than i do already.

Jeez if you're talking about ratboy i don't think it's possible to hate him anymore than i do already.

He's called Judas for more than one reason.