Tennents

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to hear that this was all just speculation and rumour.

I think there's nothing worse than seeing school-age kids running around with an alcohol logo on the front of a Rangers top.

An awful association given the recent news about Buckfast wine and its relationship with violence in Scotland.

I'm no prude, but can't we think on a higher level than this? Can't we aim for a world brand that doesn't need to be covered up when we're playing in Europe?

We're a world-recognised club, we've got small-minded people running our affairs if this is all they can come up with.

This is so right, time to move onwards and upwards ! :sherlock:

I love to hear that this was all just speculation and rumour.

I think there's nothing worse than seeing school-age kids running around with an alcohol logo on the front of a Rangers top.

An awful association given the recent news about Buckfast wine and its relationship with violence in Scotland.

I'm no prude, but can't we think on a higher level than this? Can't we aim for a world brand that doesn't need to be covered up when we're playing in Europe?

We're a world-recognised club, we've got small-minded people running our affairs if this is all they can come up with.

Totally agree in principle, but the reality is the booze companies are always going to love sponsoring football teams - alcohol and football go hand in hand.

I like this news, I've been a bit worried about our next big sponsorship deal and this has put my mind at rest a little. To an extent as long as we're financially secure after this sponsorship then I can take it being a little unethical - remember you can't get booze sponsorship on juvenile sizes as well (tu)

Tennents is rank rotten to drink, the red T looks rank rotten on our strips. I'm all for the change to Adidas as our shirt manufacturers but Tennent as a sponsor, i'd rather not. I'd like to see us sponsored by a global brand. I'm sure Alastair Johnstone can have a word with one of his old buddies at IMG. They've got their fingers in a few global brans like Vodafone and MTV. We want something thats recognisable to people all over the world. I think Tennents would only be recognisable to Scottish people all over the world.

Tennents is rank rotten to drink, the red T looks rank rotten on our strips. I'm all for the change to Adidas as our shirt manufacturers but Tennent as a sponsor, i'd rather not. I'd like to see us sponsored by a global brand. I'm sure Alastair Johnstone can have a word with one of his old buddies at IMG. They've got their fingers in a few global brans like Vodafone and MTV. We want something thats recognisable to people all over the world. I think Tennents would only be recognisable to Scottish people all over the world.

(tu)

i would fuckin love to be adidas again, i would buy everything we had, love it

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

The parochial thinking behind this move is stunning. "Oh, we're a Scottish club, we'd better go for a Scottish company name."

Complete and utter pish!

The world is full of global brand names that would love to be associated with a successful club like Rangers FC - holders of the title 'Most Championships Won'. We are undercutting ourselves here - we need to think large (as Ricki Fulton said in 'Local Hero') :D

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

The parochial thinking behind this move is stunning. "Oh, we're a Scottish club, we'd better go for a Scottish company name."

Complete and utter pish!

The world is full of global brand names that would love to be associated with a successful club like Rangers FC - holders of the title 'Most Championships Won'. We are undercutting ourselves here - we need to think large (as Ricki Fulton said in 'Local Hero') :D

Bluster is great, sadly our board need to operate in the real world.

I'm sure Alastair Johnstone can have a word with one of his old buddies at IMG

I'd like to think so, we hear all about the deal he's done in the past, so now is the time to start doing it for Rangers.