Tennents

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennents is rank rotten to drink, the red T looks rank rotten on our strips. I'm all for the change to Adidas as our shirt manufacturers but Tennent as a sponsor, i'd rather not. I'd like to see us sponsored by a global brand. I'm sure Alastair Johnstone can have a word with one of his old buddies at IMG. They've got their fingers in a few global brans like Vodafone and MTV. We want something thats recognisable to people all over the world. I think Tennents would only be recognisable to Scottish people all over the world.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

The parochial thinking behind this move is stunning. "Oh, we're a Scottish club, we'd better go for a Scottish company name."

Complete and utter pish!

The world is full of global brand names that would love to be associated with a successful club like Rangers FC - holders of the title 'Most Championships Won'. We are undercutting ourselves here - we need to think large (as Ricki Fulton said in 'Local Hero') :D

Bluster is great, sadly our board need to operate in the real world.

What some call 'bluster' others call 'principals'. :(

If we had any left we'd chase this beverage company down Edmiston Drive.

For 'real world' read 'small world' - that's the thinking behind this small-minded venture.

It would be good to have a worldwide famous brand on our shirts, but these are tough times and the advertising budgets for most companies have been slashed, i would imagine they have all been sounded out and Tennents are offering the best deal.

Falkirk

Timber

Products

Would have been a decent shout but because theres too many letters the initials may cause some grief.

It would be good to have a worldwide famous brand on our shirts, but these are tough times and the advertising budgets for most companies have been slashed, i would imagine they have all been sounded out and Tennents are offering the best deal.

Falkirk

Timber

Products

Would have been a decent shout but because theres too many letters the initials may cause some grief.

:lol:

Are wanting to sponsor us and the tims from next season and it's expected to be announced soon, no idea of the cash involved

So its not alright to call a scumbag a dirty F***** bastard, but its ok to advertise that poison for a few dollars more?

Haven't read the thread,just want to know YOUR view GCL.

Given that Tennents is owned by Magners, would it not make sense to have us with the Tennents on our tops, and the Scum to have Magners on theirs?

would they not be getting the better end of the deal then? magners is much bigger than tennents are they not?

Given that Tennents is owned by Magners, would it not make sense to have us with the Tennents on our tops, and the Scum to have Magners on theirs?

would they not be getting the better end of the deal then? magners is much bigger than tennents are they not?

That is true....hmmmm? Then maybe have both logos on Both teams tops, Home-Tennents, Away Magners etc....

And I'm sure they will just make a green or gold "T" for them....

oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Would be nice if we could get a big sponsor like JVC or Samsung...something worldwide

That is true....hmmmm? Then maybe have both logos on Both teams tops, Home-Tennents, Away Magners etc....

And I'm sure they will just make a green or gold "T" for them....

oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Would be nice if we could get a big sponsor like JVC or Samsung...something worldwide

ive heard(i know i know) the T******* are wanting a company like samsung, they want an asian company, it wouldnt surprise me if they broke away from the joint agreement, if there is one

i would rather we didnt have the same sponsor as them, were better than that

(tu)

that article from gernsnet sounds like the Tennents thing is agreed already, i think if thats the case its ridiculous, scandalous even.

Are wanting to sponsor us and the tims from next season and it's expected to be announced soon, no idea of the cash involved

So its not alright to call a scumbag a dirty F***** bastard, but its ok to advertise that poison for a few dollars more?

you want to know my opinion on the morality of drink, i would be a hypocrite if i said i had a prioblem with it..... :)

Tennents is rank rotten to drink, the red T looks rank rotten on our strips. I'm all for the change to Adidas as our shirt manufacturers but Tennent as a sponsor, i'd rather not. I'd like to see us sponsored by a global brand. I'm sure Alastair Johnstone can have a word with one of his old buddies at IMG. They've got their fingers in a few global brans like Vodafone and MTV. We want something thats recognisable to people all over the world. I think Tennents would only be recognisable to Scottish people all over the world.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

The parochial thinking behind this move is stunning. "Oh, we're a Scottish club, we'd better go for a Scottish company name."

Complete and utter pish!

The world is full of global brand names that would love to be associated with a successful club like Rangers FC - holders of the title 'Most Championships Won'. We are undercutting ourselves here - we need to think large (as Ricki Fulton said in 'Local Hero') :D

Bluster is great, sadly our board need to operate in the real world.

What some call 'bluster' others call 'principals'. :(

If we had any left we'd chase this beverage company down Edmiston Drive.

For 'real world' read 'small world' - that's the thinking behind this small-minded venture.

We have been sponsored by drink companies for the majority of the last twenty years i would imagine, is this a new objection on your front ? Drink and sport in Scotland, perversely go hand in hand. We don't have multi nationals beating down our door, especially in a year where every major player in the sponsiorship world have had their budgets slashed so tennants is probably the best deal we could do. It's a battle for survuval right now, it'snot the time for misplaced principals.

you want to know my opinion on the morality of drink, i would be a hypocrite if i said i had a prioblem with it..... :)

No, I asked if you thought, with all the social problems that British society faces today, that a club of our standing should be advertising this muck on our jerseys?

Personally I think its dirty money,and The Rangers are better than that, but then that's just my opinion.

What you choose do to your liver is not my concern. Its all taxed anyway. ;)

No, I asked if you thought, with all the social problems that British society faces today, that a club of our standing should be advertising this muck on our jerseys?

Personally I think its dirty money,and The Rangers are better than that, but then that's just my opinion.

What you choose do to your liver is not my concern. Its all taxed anyway. ;)

We have been taking "dirty money" for the majority of the last twenty years, can't say i have much of an issue with it to be honest.

Thats what I thought you would say. A basic disagreement in the fundementals of human life is all that seems to divide us. (tu)

Shoot all the jakies and we wouldn't hae a problem :sherlock:

We wouldn't have a rivalry!

:lol: