Golf

kplfishtank

The shot at 16.

9/10 he hits that every bit as well as he did, it catches a bit of wind or bounces less favourable and gets a worse outcome.

But nature of last nights final round was always going to have a moment like that. I had a feeling one of the leaders was going to put it close.

Really good major. I really liked the course and how it was set up, had a good balance of risk/reward holes down the stretch. Greens were maybe a little slow though.

On 04/08/2020 at 16:25, dummiesoot said:

Hilton Park better than Windyhill imo with the latter having more side hill lies, still good though.. Big course that is. Balmore is short and meant to be tricky but not played it to comment further. I would recommend Milngavie a tough track deep rough but a good challenge

Played all including Milngavie.

Milngavie probably just edges Hilton (the hilton, the  smaller one is repetitive). MG is not long on paper but requires some accurate tee shots to score well. Good mix of holes though lacking a par 5.

Balmore is very picturesque but too many blind holes and quirky holes for my liking.

Windyhills is ok too but can be unfair with good shots running into trouble due to layout. 

To be fair they are all pretty decent and  all worth a bash.  You could play through reciprocal or maybe the opens as cheap way to try other courses.

Managed to get to the course early today was planning to hit a few into the nett but both nets were shut, reason being someone was in the nett hitting balls he shanked it hit the pole holding the nett up came back and hit him on the head no idea if it happened today or a few days back.... 

Hitting the ball alright the now but my short game is awful honestly don't know where its going either a fat or a thin, no idea what am doing wrong no sure if it's ball position, where do we all have the ball positioned from about 35 yards and in? 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Hitting the ball alright the now but my short game is awful honestly don't know where its going either a fat or a thin, no idea what am doing wrong no sure if it's ball position, where do we all have the ball positioned from about 35 yards and in? 

8 iron and hit it as if it was a 80 ft putt

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

8 iron and hit it as if it was a 80 ft putt

A load of the times due to what I have to go over ridges and can't really run it up as there rough in the way. Used to be very confident with my short game but confidence is shattered the now feels like am dipping into it if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

A load of the times due to what I have to go over ridges and can't really run it up as there rough in the way. Used to be very confident with my short game but confidence is shattered the now feels like am dipping into it if that makes sense. 

Get a lesson. Had one tonight, some good stuff to work on to shallow my swing out with wedges