Golf

kplfishtank

8 minutes ago, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

Tried out the Bridgestone ball that tiger uses on Saturday and really liked the feel of it. 

Been using TP5 for couple seasons but interesting read an article that was saying Taylormade are the only ball on tour where the version we can buy in store is not the same as the pro’s play. 

I've been using it too for the past few weeks and like it.

6 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I've been using it too for the past few weeks and like it.

Yeah I thought I’d but 3 and see what thought. Nice penetrating flight, feels good on the putter face and plenty of stop in it. 

Never looked at Bridgestone before but first impressions are good. 

22 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

We have a pro shop sweep this Saturday trialing a way or recording scores all going well our medals with resume from the following Saturday, any other clubs got medala up and running yet if so what system you using? 

I’m in S Wales and we’re doing pre booked 2 balls at 10m intervals. Pro comp Stableford on Sundays and a match play knockout. We’re not doing club comps for the foreseeable. 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

I’m in S Wales and we’re doing pre booked 2 balls at 10m intervals. Pro comp Stableford on Sundays and a match play knockout. We’re not doing club comps for the foreseeable. 

We are now on 3 balls from Saturday there, 3 balls not allowed in Wales yet? 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

My club is running stableford not for handicap, using GolfHubber app,record your score on the phone, will probably keep it for comps for the foreseeable 

We’re just doing temporary reductions like in the Winter, 1st -3, 2nd -2, 3rd -1. Had one cunt cut 1 for general play because he was boasting how well he’d been playing on our WhatsApp group😄

5 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

We have a pro shop sweep this Saturday trialing a way or recording scores all going well our medals with resume from the following Saturday, any other clubs got medala up and running yet if so what system you using? 

Lanark start next Friday and submit your scores via how did I do.

Anyone got a electric trolley? Got given a S1 Motocaddy off someone I know lucky if it's been used half a dozen times he went and got a new one because the battery packed in so just need a need a battery for it. What's the best battery to get for it? Was thinking of going for a lithium but no got a clue I know they are a lot dearer. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone got a electric trolley? Got given a S1 Motocaddy off someone I know lucky if it's been used half a dozen times he went and got a new one because the battery packed in so just need a need a battery for it. What's the best battery to get for it? Was thinking of going for a lithium but no got a clue I know they are a lot dearer. 

Just inherited my late-brother's s3 motocaddy. He always went lithium 36 hole.

On 23/06/2020 at 22:12, ShanksRFC said:

I played a medal Stableford on Sunday. Mark your own score then Pro was putting in the scores after the round into HowDidIDo

Aye that's the way we are doing it and you put one of the other players score in the markers score section. 

I played my second round in a week this morning after not hitting a ball in about 3 years. Parred the first and thought " It's going to be a good day" and then made an absolute shambles of the second. My driving was abysmal; hooked every single drive, but my irons and short game was ok. I managed to knock 4 off from my last round so happy with that, but not playing for 3 years is showing. Hopefully drive better on Sunday.

On 02/07/2020 at 19:20, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone know a site the sells headcovers need on for my putter and my driver needs one as well driver is a ping head over on it and it's wrecked. 

If not bothered about price range amazon are selling union jack ones. Ive been looking at these

Watched a Rick Shiels video last night on set up after hooking every single drive I hit last week and what a difference it made to my driving today. Only hit one bad drive all round and the rest of them were absolute screamers. No hook, straight as an arrow with good distance and flight. My short game was poor this morning though which is annoying as it had been decent last few rounds and it cost me a few strokes, but overall that was a decent round. Knocked another 2 strokes off from my last round and got 2 pars. Happy with that. 

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Watched a Rick Shiels video last night on set up after hooking every single drive I hit last week and what a difference it made to my driving today. Only hit one bad drive all round and the rest of them were absolute screamers. No hook, straight as an arrow with good distance and flight. My short game was poor this morning though which is annoying as it had been decent last few rounds and it cost me a few strokes, but overall that was a decent round. Knocked another 2 strokes off from my last round and got 2 pars. Happy with that. 

What was the video called?