Golf

kplfishtank

On 22/04/2023 at 22:04, born a blue nose said:

Am playing Caldwell in may they staying and playing at Trump international Aberdeen the week later, got a 3 night stay down in Leeds at a golf resort in June 5 of us then playing turnberry in July, av absolutely lucked out this year 😂

Hopefully get away abroad late in the year too. 

My mate played trump Aberdeen last week....fish & chips in the clubhouse £45....I hope you are eating & drinking elsewhere mate:lol:

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Played Trump a couple of times. When it just opened.  Great course.  Think I hit about 110 blows each time.  Think it was £25 for locals.

Think a lost 18 balls last year playing kittocks 😂

Going for a new record this year imo

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Think a lost 18 balls last year playing kittocks 😂

Going for a new record this year imo

lol. You admittingly don't sound very good, but keep practicing. :lol: When you love something and it sounds like you do, you will eventually have the round of your life or even a hole-in-one. 

It's what keeps me returning twice a week. I have loved the sport since I was a kid.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

lol. You admittingly don't sound very good, but keep practicing. :lol: When you love something and it sounds like you do, you will eventually have the round of your life or even a hole-in-one. 

It's what keeps me returning twice a week. I have loved the sport since I was a kid.

Fuck off it was windy as fuck cheeky bastard 😂 

A go weeks without losing one ffs

9 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Right chaps, I'm a long time casual golfer and would be a high handicapper going to get back into it this summer and want to improve my ball striking. I'm going to go to the range on Friday morning, any advice/drills from the better players on here?

ask @born a blue nose. I heard he is pretty good.:tu: 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Right chaps, I'm a long time casual golfer and would be a high handicapper going to get back into it this summer and want to improve my ball striking. I'm going to go to the range on Friday morning, any advice/drills from the better players on here?

Get on YouTube mate, amount of content that will explain things a lot better than cunts on here is brilliant. Rick shiels, Peter Finch etc. 

Or cheat and book in to get fitted for clubs, it will end up a free lesson if the guys decent 😂

On 22/04/2023 at 22:04, born a blue nose said:

Am playing Caldwell in may they staying and playing at Trump international Aberdeen the week later, got a 3 night stay down in Leeds at a golf resort in June 5 of us then playing turnberry in July, av absolutely lucked out this year 😂

Hopefully get away abroad late in the year too. 

Bit biased as I'm a member but Caldwell is a really good course! Played there last night!

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Get on YouTube mate, amount of content that will explain things a lot better than cunts on here is brilliant. Rick shiels, Peter Finch etc. 

Or cheat and book in to get fitted for clubs, it will end up a free lesson if the guys decent 😂

Aye I've been watching a lot of golf YouTube throughout the years.

I played 3 or 4 times a week during the first year of lockdown and I noticed a huge difference. Sometimes I was getting round 9 holes maybe only 5 or 6 over par, though that wasn't a regular occurance and was at pretty straight forward courses like Larkhall or Strathclyde. I then went for one lesson and the guy tinkered with the start of my downswing and it felt great in the lesson, but when I went to the range after it I couldn't hit a ball and it was a mess. Then the second lockdown hit and I couldn’t go for the rest of my lessons and ended up just stopped playing altogether. 

On 26/04/2023 at 16:58, Rum Ham said:

Anyone got any recommendations for courses down near Largs?

Routenburn is a belter of a course and imo better than Largs Kelburn course. Will be cheaper too and easier to get a tee time as it's council run. It's a cunt of a walk though very hilly.

6 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Routenburn is a belter of a course and imo better than Largs Kelburn course. Will be cheaper too and easier to get a tee time as it's council run. It's a cunt of a walk though very hilly.

Cheers.

Already booked Largs for the end of the week.

Playing late afternoon so was easy enough getting a tee time.

Will give Routenburn a try next time am down that way.