Golf

kplfishtank

Started lining up the ball underneath my balls (more central)instead of in line with my left heel and I'm damned if it has eliminated my Fade. Hitting the ball further too.

Was a tip from a great golfer that plays off 4 and its working.

I got a new driver but my fade has turned to a horrible slice .Doing my head in!!!

Off to play Dundonald this afternoon.

Great course , probably hardest course ive played . I was considering playing the Annual 'Back to Black' tournament played at Dundonald last month but i came to my senses when you realise playing off the black tees reaches to almost 7200 yds . Let me know how you scored mate . Cheers.

Playing tomorrow, first time in three weeks, its a new course to me and I had a look at their walk the course thing on the club website, every feckin hole has narrow fairways and is tree lined, better keep the driver in he bag or might be ball less after 9.

Great course , probably hardest course ive played . I was considering playing the Annual 'Back to Black' tournament played at Dundonald last month but i came to my senses when you realise playing off the black tees reaches to almost 7200 yds . Let me know how you scored mate . Cheers.

Won the matchplay game front nine and back with 2 oozlers to boot. Game and putting too inconsistent to score stroke play wise. It is a tremendous track.

Won the matchplay game front nine and back with 2 oozlers to boot. Game and putting too inconsistent to score stroke play wise. It is a tremendous track.

Well done , i take it the 11th was one of the oozlers?

My mate took 13 to get out of front centre bunker on that hole .

Well done , i take it the 11th was one of the oozlers?

My mate took 13 to get out of front centre bunker on that hole .

Yes it was wind was slightly into face so 116 yards wedge to 8 feet, shat out the putt. Couldn't read the greens at all yesterday.

This is my 6th game on the course and have never scored on it. Was unlucky a few time yesterday finishing in three divots off the tee in the first nine holes. Was only 200 yards from the third green after my tee shot and in a divot. I wiznae pleased.

Walked off at the 6th today as the rain was bad and one of the guys a was playing with was a prick. I was in a bunker so I went to get the rake for after I hit my shot as it was at the other end of the bunker so I got the rake (didn't rake bunker) and placed it on the grass played my shot then raked bunker. So after I finished the hole the old boy asked us what I had I said a 6 he said it was a 7 you are not aloud to pick the rake up till you take your shot as you are testing the sand or some shit like that he said. I said I didn't rake the bunker as I know your aren't allowed to do that before taking your shot. Can anyone tell me who was right here ?

He is wrong, if the rake is in your swingpath or stance etc then you have to move it. The guy is a prick.

It wasn't in my swing path but I just naturally do that when in a bunker get the rake play my shot then rake the sand. So it's much quicker and can move on quicker but it's not as if I raked the bunker.

It wasn't in my swing path but I just naturally do that when in a bunker get the rake play my shot then rake the sand. So it's much quicker and can move on quicker but it's not as if I raked the bunker.

Same rules should apply as long as you don't rake it. You are allowed to move a rake.

He said you have to ask your playing partner to move the rake, say we are all in the bunker ? Just a old guy who thinks he runs the place.

I have never had to do that. Different if the ball is right under the rake and there is a danger of improving the lie. Find someone on the committee to check but I think he is talking shit.

I played the most difficult course I have ever encountered today, Hemsted Forest in Kent, near every hole tight as fuck and tree lined, greens were superfast as well, anything slightly off line then your struggling, common sound was club hitting ball then numerous clunks of ball smashing off timber.

I had a "challenging" round.

I have never had to do that. Different if the ball is right under the rake and there is a danger of improving the lie. Find someone on the committee to check but I think he is talking shit.

Said to my dad there and he said he's talking shit will ask the pro tomorrow.

There was a rule about 10yrs ago concerning testing the bunker that was eventually changed. I'm pretty sure it involved Stewart Cink when he hit one out of a bunker 200yds from a blind green, he proceeded to rake bunker himself and then walked up to the green to find his ball was in a greenside bunker . He was penalized for testing the texture but the ruling was finally changed when it was agreed no advantage was looked to be gained from it . Some rules are crazy in golf and that was one of them.