Golf

kplfishtank

Won my first golf comp tonight.

Muneroy Cup is now mine. Hammered the other fella in the final and won by 6 holes overall. Was 5 up after 5 and had a wee shaky period half way when he nipped me back to 2 but I soon raced into the lead.

Happy as fuck

:party:

Excellent was the same last sunday great feeling.

anybody ever played Dumbarton Golf Club?

never really played seriously but was wanting to get more into it and noticed they are doing a restricted membership for newcomers for £200 + £70 on a bar card.

was thinking about doing this, to get into it before maybe paying more for a more local course next year when im a bit better, usually just pay on a council course whenever i play but thought having a membership somewhere would make me take it more seriously and get out more.

never really played seriously but was wanting to get more into it and noticed they are doing a restricted membership for newcomers for £200 + £70 on a bar card.

was thinking about doing this, to get into it before maybe paying more for a more local course next year when im a bit better, usually just pay on a council course whenever i play but thought having a membership somewhere would make me take it more seriously and get out more.

Never played it but if you feel you would use a membership don't bother waiting till you are a bit better and go out and do it everyone has to start somewhere. That's if you feel you would use it maybe better to test for a year like you said. My club is only £40 on bar card £70 is pretty dear.

If you get hooked to it you will be out every day you can.

Enjoyable course, midges are a killer in the summer though.

Planning on keeping the swing going through the winter so I haven't got that learning curve again I usually have come spring time.

In the middle of a couple changes to ironiron swing at the moment anyway, was struggling with a hook especially with mmy low irons PW-8 iron but seem to have fixed it although I'm not entirely confident with it at all.

Sadly had to hang up the clubs. :( Wrist is playing up after every game and only managed 2 medals this season. £500 for 2 rounds!! Might get the odd bounce game.

Gutted.

Not good at all pal. Have you tried physiotherapy? Maybe a break of 12 month will rest it enough.

In the meantime practice putting as much as

Not good at all pal. Have you tried physiotherapy? Maybe a break of 12 month will rest it enough.

In the meantime practice putting as much as

Probably waited too long for physio. Done it in last season coming out a sandless bunker!! Played on a few holes then had to stop. Just left it for a few weeks and by then it was near the end of season anyway.

Went to Turkey for a pro-am in March and bandaged it up during a round but still nipping like fuck.

I was shite anyway!! :D

What's your experience of pressure on the course ?

Had my first competitive game during the weekend which was a friendly match play ryder cup style game, having only played the game since may this year I was bricking it at the first tee whilst everyone was looking on. Every players tee shot before mine was near perfect. I was assured that the player I was against wasn't any better than me but he had 4 years ahead of me and often played in medals etc.

Now I can hit a decent drive and normally when people are watching my swing slows down and will often hit a perfect shot, but this was different. I'd say 1 shot out of 30 I will fuck it up, and it was in the back of my head that this shot was that 1 out of 30. I stepped up and could feel everyone's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head,I bent over to put the ball on the tee and the rangers reserves kicked in, I addressed the ball and my driver that weighs around 300 grams felt like a ban hammer. As always under pressure I slowed my swing down, maybe to slow as my timing was all wrong and absolutely screwed up my tee shit and topped the ball which trundled and bounced a whole 10 metres in front of my haha.

Anybody else had similar experience on the course ? I'm sure as I get better that I will overcome the pressure

Had lots of fun match play pressure situations..... 3 down 4 to play...... hooked my drive into rough over a foot high..... spent a good 10 mins looking and eventually found it..... he was bang in the middle of the fairway.... 120 yards out I just hit and hope with a 9 iron as hard as I could to get through the rough, stuck it to about 6" somehow and ended up winning,

Worst one was when I missed a 2 foot putt to win a match on 17.... ended up going down 18 and was still sick to my stomach that I had missed that putt, sliced my drive, had to lay up for the green...... felt absolutely sick could have snapped my bag in 2 there and then! luckily he pinged his second OOB at the back of the green and that was all she wrote..... was dreading having to try and get up and down from 60 yards for par though !

Just something to think about when you are teeing off on the first the guys standing aren't really caring where you hit it and you wouldn't go golfing because you have to you go to enjoy it no one is forcing you to go.

I have only felt nerves once on the course in a tie I was playing wasn't the final was the last 8 a think but it was only because everyone told me that my opponent would try put me off and try intimidate me. Started off that tie like I hadn't played before was 2 or 3 down through 6 that's when I said to myself right no pressure as am not expecting to win now. Guy thought he had won it but on the 7th I settled/calmed down and think I was only 3 or 4 over the rest of my round. He tried to intimidate me when I went ahead but didn't let it affect me.

Match play is great,

after my nightmare 1st hole I was glad to get it out the way, my 2nd tee shot was good enough to go on and square it back up, and get to 3 up going into the back 9, but that's where my lack of experience let me down, I was still aggressive and played like I was chasing it and ended up losing my lead at the 15th.

Everyone had finished and even though there was a game behind us it was already won so ours was the decider, everyone that had finished started to gather at the 16th short par 3,with both captains shouting encouragement upto the tee from the green, again the eyes where on me and I fucking spunked my tee shot to go 1 down and eventually lose it at the 17th