Golf

kplfishtank

What's so different in a refurbished ball ?

Bought the 24 pro v balls for £9 out of American golf, cracking deal, and all of them in great condition bar a few discoloured.

The fact they are 2nd hand doesn't bother me as I have only taking the game up properly this summer.

What's so different in a refurbished ball ?

Bought the 24 pro v balls for £9 out of American golf, cracking deal, and all of them in great condition bar a few discoloured.

The fact they are 2nd hand doesn't bother me as I have only taking the game up properly this summer.

That is pretty cheap I am thinking of changing my ball to the pro v for that price might go buy a couple of them to get me started.

That is pretty cheap I am thinking of changing my ball to the pro v for that price might go buy a couple of them to get me started.

http://m.americangolf.co.uk/balls-accessories/golf-balls/titleist-pro-v1-practice-24-ball-pack-166368.html

As a newbie to the game I was skeptical of what major difference a ball could make but there's no question the pro v balls are far better,

I'm still not sure what major difference these refurbished pro v "practice" balls would be like compared to brand new ones fresh out the box for nearly £40 for 12

http://m.americangolf.co.uk/balls-accessories/golf-balls/titleist-pro-v1-practice-24-ball-pack-166368.html

As a newbie to the game I was skeptical of what major difference a ball could make but there's no question the pro v balls are far better,

I'm still not sure what major difference these refurbished pro v "practice" balls would be like compared to brand new ones fresh out the box for nearly £40 for 12

I just don't like putting with them.

Morning Gents

Myself and a few mates are looking to book out firsr golf trip probably mid To late April in England somewhere, basically an excuse to get away and get pissed :lol:

We can all play relatively decent but not world beaters so looking for courses where its a bit relaxed on ability and seriousness although we can all hit straight and manage a decent score

Basically looking for any help in booking such as sites and locations that are a decent price and good atmosphere and any tips on travelling would be appreciated

Theres about 6 of us going

Morning Gents

Myself and a few mates are looking to book out firsr golf trip probably mid To late April in England somewhere, basically an excuse to get away and get pissed :lol:

We can all play relatively decent but not world beaters so looking for courses where its a bit relaxed on ability and seriousness although we can all hit straight and manage a decent score

Basically looking for any help in booking such as sites and locations that are a decent price and good atmosphere and any tips on travelling would be appreciated

I would suggest Chester or Newcastle for the hotel with Dr vere courses at carden park in Chester or slaley hall hexham. Good standards of courses and good nightlife at both cities.

Morning Gents

Every year for the last 10yrs a bunch of us go down south . I would recommend Ramside Hsll , Longhirst Hall , Formby Hall for great courses , decent prices and good accommodation on site .

Ramside Hall is great as its got 2 course and is5mins from Durham town centre. Linghirst hall has 2 courses with loads of lakes (American style) but its probably 20mins from Newcastle city centre. Formby hall has 1 big course & 1 par3 course which is good fun ,its about 20mins from Liverpool . Worsley Park is nice and its 10mins in train from Printworks in Manchester. Hope some of these are of use to u .

Every year for the last 10yrs a bunch of us go down south . I would recommend Ramside Hsll , Longhirst Hall , Formby Hall for great courses , decent prices and good accommodation on site .

Formby hall is a great course with a fun nine hole par 3 course.

I would suggest Chester or Newcastle for the hotel with Dr vere courses at carden park in Chester or slaley hall hexham. Good standards of courses and good nightlife at both cities.

The guys quite fancy Hexham, I tried phoning them but no answer, whats the deal with bookings and stuff? Do u pay when u get there or pay it all upfront when booking?

The guys quite fancy Hexham, I tried phoning them but no answer, whats the deal with bookings and stuff? Do u pay when u get there or pay it all upfront when booking?

Not sure, usually found one or two people buying the de vere golf membership was the cheapest way to play golf with 6 or more.

Just getting back into golf after a 15 year sabbatical. Been to the range a couple of times and played a 9 hole at Mearns Castle.

What's the best 9 hole courses around Glasgow for 'beginners'.

Hopefully going to arrange some lessons in September once I'm back from holiday.

The one at play sport east Kilbride is good

Just getting back into golf after a 15 year sabbatical. Been to the range a couple of times and played a 9 hole at Mearns Castle.

What's the best 9 hole courses around Glasgow for 'beginners'.

Hopefully going to arrange some lessons in September once I'm back from holiday.

Little advice wait to after Christmas for lessons as after September you won't be playing much golf in Scotland. Keep an eye on groupon for lesson deals as see a few there.

Is it still possible to get Ryder cup tickets ? If so where from ?

I know they are a fortune but might consider it,

Am sure I heard on the radio that you can get them for practice days but can't remember where it said you get them. They say the practice days are better.

Am sure I heard on the radio that you can get them for practice days but can't remember where it said you get them. They say the practice days are better.

I just registered on the Ryder cup web page for tickets.

Gonna try and get Saturday and Sunday tickets, priced at about £260 which is about as much as I would pay