Allan McGregor

kanjo

I already explained your comparissons to Gazza and co. Didn't you read?. They were irreplaceable, and fee's for them at that time would have been insignificant in comparisson to what they gave the club.

On the subject of Alexander. If your going to say Alexander would never have made those saves, then justify how you know this in certainty?

I'd rather take £5million now, rather than seeing my club be the focus for front page news on all media sources for the wrong reasons, be it financially or because of a players' behaviour.

As long as were front page news what u worried about

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know, with absolute certainty..Alexander wouldn't have made those saves?.

How about the 2 penalty shootouts Alexander has been succesfull in, would Mcgregor (a predominantly right handed goalkeeper) have made those saves?.

I can do that aswell, it dosen't change the subject though. I'd rather my club played true pro's, not have our own verison's of boruc.

Your contradicting yourself there.

Goram, Gascoigne and McCoist were hardly true pro's....

What you're really trying to say is, "I'd rather my club played true pro's....unless I liked them".

We both know Alexander would never have saved them. I like Alexander, who's nearwhere near McGregors class though.

You fishing? They trained like fuck and gave 100% anytime they played!

...and McGregor doesn't?

I am not saying he doesn't. I am trying to understand why you were saying that about Goram, Gascoigne and McCoist.

Goram was pumping anything that walked. Gazza was kicking fuck out his wife. The only thing McCoist didn't drink was the sea.

But it's ok, they were "irreplacable".

I fucking loved everyone of them before someone starts, but it's ok to have players who aren't "role models" when they are different class, but if they are slightly under that class you can't play them, I'm just pointing out hypocrisy.

Given time, McGregor could be up there with the legend that is Goram and if he's out riding everything that moves every weekend whilst kicking fuck out his wife and drinking like a fish whilst doing it, I don't give a flying fuck. The only role models that should matter to a wean is their family.

i agree do the business on the park the rest has fa to do with us

Having a debate with a friend.

My argument is, I'd rather sell McGregor for all he's worth in the summer because i simply don't think he sends a good image to young fans off the park, and is an unsetteling member of our squad.

His argument is we shouldn't sell him. Plain and simple.

What do you guys think?

If he wants to stay (which i doubt now) then i wouldn't sell him, he does the job on the pitch thats good enough for me

My first thought when i seen the thread title - Andy Goram :praise:

Is it even right footballers should be seen as role models <cr>

A lot of shite being spouted about footballers as 'role models' recently. I think kids pay attention to and care about a footballers personal life as much as I do i.e not in the slightest, its all about what they do on the pitch.

He used those players as an example. Gazza was an irreplaceable talent, as was Goram at that time. McGregor is -far- from irreplaceable.

Would Alexander have saved the shot from Samaras right after McCulloch equalised for us at the piggery?

Would Alexander have saved that shot at Bremen?

If the answers no (which we all know it is), then that shows he's irreplaceable.

Too many people have a problem with McGregor over what happened with the Jocks. I don't care what he does off the park, if he keeps pulling saves like that he can rape my fucken maw while giving my da the finger for all I care.

That can work either way!

Would Alexander have made the clangers McGregor has, I doubt it!

How do you know, with absolute certainty..Alexander wouldn't have made those saves?.

How about the 2 penalty shootouts Alexander has been succesfull in, would Mcgregor (a predominantly right handed goalkeeper) have made those saves?.

I can do that aswell, it dosen't change the subject though. I'd rather my club played true pro's, not have our own verison's of boruc.

You've got 2 b fishing surely .. McGregors one of the best in the WORLD at saving penalties !!

Footballers can have such an important role to play in society. They choose whether it's positive or negative. I'd rather we had all positive ones.. but let's face it, we're all human.

As far as McGregor is concerned, he's fairly neutral imho. As far as what we 'want', honourable of course. But life of course, is far more complex.

EDIT:

I'd love it to have players come out against drink. Not abstinence, but, as I said on the 'drunk' thread, moderation is fine. There's a huge problem with alcohol not only in the UK, but let's face it, in most corners of the world.

Harry Redknapp took a pretty powerful stand at Spurs about drink. John Collins recently as well when at Hibs. We need to see more of that -- but coming from players.

Maybe kids won't listen, but it's worth a try.

That article in the sun today from Frank Mcagevery, or some sort of Mcirish name.

Says Rangers fans started on his on saturday night, but he goes onto say its Mcgreggors fault for being out on a saturday night.

It begs the question, what was the 53 year old man doing in the centre of Glasgow on Saturday night? Paedo bastard.

My first thought when i seen the thread title - Andy Goram :praise:

Is it even right footballers should be seen as role models <cr>

A lot of shite being spouted about footballers as 'role models' recently. I think kids pay attention to and care about a footballers personal life as much as I do i.e not in the slightest, its all about what they do on the pitch.

My thoughts exactly. It seems in this country that as soon as you get some kind of public recognition then you have to stop smoking, drinking, shagging etc and start being a good role model. It's not just footballers either.

I also seem to remeber the "predominantly right handed" McGregor diving to his left to save a scott McDonald penalty whilst only having the use of 1 of his legs properly .. a game that, as it happens he was brilliant in, only for Neil to come in and lose a goal in about the 94th minute :) ..

i like alexander, but McGregors different gravy :)

FRANK McGARVEY hasn't played for Celtic for 25 years - yet he still found a Rangers fan trying to pick a fight with him in Glasgow at the weekend.

That's why he can't believe Ibrox keeper Allan McGregor was wandering around the city centre in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Gers No1 McGregor claims he was ambushed after leaving a nightclub - where Celtic ace Cillian Sheridan was holding his 21st birthday party.

McGregor was the subject of a vicious attack and had to be taken to hospital to have his injuries treated.

The incident means he is a major doubt for Sunday's Old Firm game and led to him being left out of Craig Levein's first Scotland squad.

McGarvey, now 53 and working as a joiner, says Old Firm stars have to accept some venues are off-limits.

McGarvey, below, said: "It really comes down to commonsense.

"The best player to play in this country in the last 30 years was Henrik Larsson and you never heard a whisper about him being where he shouldn't be.

"Brian Laudrup at Rangers was the same. He lived his life in the right way and rival fans would be more likely to applaud him than assault him.

"However, there's violence in every city in the world and Glasgow's no different.

"Drink fuels that violence and Glasgow's had a problem with that for the last 100 years.

"Visit any hospital on a Friday or Saturday night and the A&E department will be mobbed with people who have been attacked and alcohol will have played a part in it.

"That's the reality and these players simply have to accept that."

McGarvey, a lifelong Celtic fan, joined the Hoops in 1980 from Liverpool and scored in six Old Firm meetings before quitting the club in 1985.

Yet he revealed even now he still has to contend with taking stick from rival supporters.

He added: "I was having a quiet pint in the city centre on Saturday and this guy started yelling at me, going on about how Rangers were going to win the league and giving me some personal abuse.

"He did it in the hope I would get into a fight with him, but I don't react in those situations.

"I know how to handle them and something like that means nothing to me. I just ignore it.

"When I played for Celtic there was a pub called Archie's in Glasgow that our players used to go to for a couple of beers after our games and there was never any bother.

"The Rangers lads had their post-match bar in Sauchiehall Street and I don't remember hearing about any trouble there either.

Advertisement

"It was slightly different back then, though, because we were still effectively earning tradesman's wages. But the players today are in a different bracket and that can cause jealousy.

"Neil Lennon and Aiden McGeady have also been attacked recently and while I'm not condoning the people responsible for that, it's all about making good decisions.

"If you play for Celtic or Rangers you should be sensible enough to realise there are certain places you just don't venture into.

"And if you do go out it's best to go out in a group of four or five.

"Things aren't as bad as they were in Glasgow during the 1950s and 60s as far as bigotry is concerned. The situation has definitely improved, but it hasn't gone away.

"Obviously you can't say for sure why McGregor was attacked. Maybe it wasn't football-related, but would it surprise anyone if it was?

"Unfortunately for Old Firm players, there are still fans out there who have utter hatred for the other side and, because of that, they need to be on their guard.

"No one is suggesting players should never go out, but there's no reason why they can't find somewhere that's safe.

"If there's any sign of aggro, they should walk away from it. The problem with young players is too often they think they are invincible."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2864321/A-fan-wanted-to-attack-me-on-Saturday-night-too-25-years-after-my-last-Old-Firm-game.html

Here's the article.

That article in the sun today from Frank Mcagevery, or some sort of Mcirish name.

Says Rangers fans started on his on saturday night, but he goes onto say its Mcgreggors fault for being out on a saturday night.

It begs the question, what was the 53 year old man doing in the centre of Glasgow on Saturday night? Paedo bastard.

McGarvey he was a joiner worked with him on a site few years back

Took it tight had a pure gammy leg and a limp.

should stick to wood fucking plank

Probably looking for his wife.

Probably looking for his wife.

He was in a pub, not up an alley! :craphead: