Official - Fleck signs new contract

gordov

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.

Needs a run in the team. For some reason, he keeps getting dropped when he's playing well.

Should be in there before Lafferty every week.

He should be, but the 3+ million on Lafferty means he hasn't been lately. One can still hope.

Good news (tu).

I thought he played fairly well on Wed, made a few good runs but just needed to lift his head and pass it. But, he's young he'll learn. :)

Kris Boyd and Danny Wilson next hopefully.

Here's the official article:

Exclusive by Andrew Dickson

John Fleck has signed a new contract with Rangers - and aims to celebrate it by helping the Light Blues retain the SPL title.

The teenager has penned a deal with the Light Blues which will keep him at Ibrox until the summer of 2013.

His representative met club chief executive Martin Bain earlier today at Murray Park and negotiations were concluded this afternoon.

Fleck will now spend the next three years at Gers and news he has been retained is a huge boost to manager Walter Smith after it seemed at the turn of the year he might leave.

The versatile striker has been involved with the first-team squad since he was just 15 and has shown plenty of promise since making his competitive debut in January 2008.

He has netted twice in 11 starts this season but now his biggest goal is to ensure the reigning champions hang on to their crown.

Fleck said: "I'm delighted to get everything done and dusted and now it's a chance for me to concentrate on my football.

"Talks have been going on for a few weeks now and some things were written about me looking to move on but I have always wanted to stay with Rangers.

"It's great for me that I've got my future sorted out. I'm still only 18 and to be getting a chance to play for a club like this is fantastic at my age.

"I've been getting a few opportunities to play in games and come off the bench and that can only help me in the future.

"In the long term, I hope to keep developing as a player and I don't believe there is anywhere better for me to do that than here.

"More immediately, I'm desperate to help the team retain the league title over the next few weeks.

"We are in a good position in the SPL table but although a lot of people are saying the championship is already won, we have a bit to go yet before that's the case.

"Celtic could still come back and make things hard for us so we are all concentrating on making sure that doesn't happen.

"Personally, getting my future resolved allows me to focus totally on what we need to do and I'm ready to play my part between now and the summer."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100326/fleck-signs-new-deal_2254024_2006624

Oh! dear :(

Are you joking?

18 years old with less than 20 first team starts under his belt and you are writing him off already?

It's no wonder we struggle to bring through players.

You seen his sports section thread, don't know why that wasn't moved to the BD tbh.

He's not one to change his mind easily, combined with the fact that anyone who disagrees with him is wrong.

Great news, absolutely delighted he's signed a new contract (tu)

You honestly fancy him DB? I was hoping he would take his abundance of talents :rolleyes: elsewhere.

John Fleck has all the talent to make it at Rangers, if you cant see the potential then that's disappointing to say the least.

The boy is 18 years old, getting him tied down a a 3 year deal is a great deal alround.