Kris Boyd's future...

papaguy51

If this is true and Boyd moves on a free then i want the following to happen:

Get him to fuck out the team, end off. We have enough players to win the title and he is playing pish anyway.

I stress this is only to happen if he has advised Rangers he is for the off.

He has been great for us but if he wont commit he can get to fuck.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye Bye Boyd!

It is looking even more likely that he has signed a pre-contract agreement with Birmingham, and therefore he should not start anymore matches for us IMO. Will he be giving 100%? Will he put himself in where it hurts at the risk of injuring himself before his big move? Will his head be in it?

A bit drastic maybe, but I only want players who are willing to play for the club between now and the end of the season. Kris Boyd in the EPL will be a disaster. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans, Vermaelen, Gallas, Carragher, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Dunne, Collins, Toure, Dawson, Corluka etc up against Boyd and the way Birmingham play? He will be lucky to score 10 goals and start most weeks.

was this a plan from the start, boyd goes down south speaks to eck, doesn't get the money he wants (righhhht) comes back up, refuses to sign a extesion / new contract, comes away with "it all depends on the situation of walter" and now he's going back down south as just at the right time his contract runs out.

if this is remotely true then i hope the wee shite career rots to hell.

Can't fault the guy for wanting to test himself in a better league, but how annoying is it not to get a transfer fee for a player who has been so important to us. I know the financial side of the club hasn't been good for a while but surely before the end of last season we should have been looking to deal him in so we could at least get a bit of cash for him. Then again that might be giving Bain and Murray too much credit when it comes to finances and football.

Hi Kris, Martin Bain here....any chance that you could sign a contract so that in a year we can sell you for 4 Million? Much better this than you leaving on a free transfer with you and your agent picking up the 4 Million fee that the clubs could have paid to Rangers,Please sign here...Yean no Worries Mr Bain

And you slag Bain!

Aye that's what I meant! To a tee.

I'm annoyed at the fact that this guy has been our main striker and yet we allow him to get into a situation where he is able to run down his contract. I'm not saying we should have got him to sign a new contract just so we could cash in, it's the fact that it has taken us so long to get around to offering him a new contract. Waiting to do so with the likes of Novo and Broadfoot I can understand, useful players but not first choice. We should be nailing the likes of Boyd down to new contracts when they are approaching the last 2 years of their deals, so to keep them for the their best years.

Can't fault the guy for wanting to test himself in a better league, but how annoying is it not to get a transfer fee for a player who has been so important to us. I know the financial side of the club hasn't been good for a while but surely before the end of last season we should have been looking to deal him in so we could at least get a bit of cash for him. Then again that might be giving Bain and Murray too much credit when it comes to finances and football.

Hi Kris, Martin Bain here....any chance that you could sign a contract so that in a year we can sell you for 4 Million? Much better this than you leaving on a free transfer with you and your agent picking up the 4 Million fee that the clubs could have paid to Rangers,Please sign here...Yean no Worries Mr Bain

And you slag Bain!

I'm annoyed at the fact that this guy has been our main striker and yet we allow him to get into a situation where he is able to run down his contract. I'm not saying we should have got him to sign a new contract just so we could cash in, it's the fact that it has taken us so long to get around to offering him a new contract. Waiting to do so with the likes of Novo and Broadfoot I can understand, useful players but not first choice. We should be nailing the likes of Boyd down to new contracts when they are approaching the last 2 years of their deals, so to keep them for the their best years.

it doesnt matter when we offered him the new deal, it wasnt good enough for him

And you slag Bain!

We offered Boyd, Novo and Broadfoot a contract, Novo rejected the 1st offer. Boyd was keeping his options open and Broadfoot was wanting a pay rise.

The 3 players above knew the situation we were in and decided not to help out on the long term, does Novo and Broadfoot deserve a pay rise. IMO no!

Novo is 31, and Broadfoot can't even get into the side. were better off just letting them go.

Boyd will crawling back to us next Jan when the window opens, because he will no he has made a big mistake, kevin phillips has agreed to stay on a brum next season. he will get more games. than boyd, I just cant see him scoring any goals down their, he will be on the bench most weeks if lucky, thats the reason I think he will want to come back to us next jan

Should we take him back In my eyes no, the way I look at it is when Walter first came back, he had the money to renew his contract and he never done it, he has just let it run down, so there for he doesn't think he is rangers standard, and if walter thinks that then thats good enough for me.

I trust walter to be able to bring someone in to replace boyd whoever that is he might not score as much goals, but he will work harder for the team, and in doing this we will see aa better brand of football next year.

IN WALTER WE TRUST :praise::praise:

Agree DB, in our current financial state we cant offered to offer players the money that the want. If they wanted to play for the club and not the money they would sign the contract and help us get past this financial period. and then maybe they would get the rise they deserved

And that goes for Boyd too, he is no different, if his heart isnt in it for the club he can leave whenever IMO.

And you slag Bain!

We offered Boyd, Novo and Broadfoot a contract, Novo rejected the 1st offer. Boyd was keeping his options open and Broadfoot was wanting a pay rise.

The 3 players above knew the situation we were in and decided not to help out on the long term, does Novo and Broadfoot deserve a pay rise. IMO no!

Novo is 31, and Broadfoot can't even get into the side. were better off just letting them go.

Both novo and broadfoot are too inconsistent.

Glasgow Herald

Published on 1 Apr 2010

KRIS BOYD is set to leave Rangers for Birmingham City this summer after the Barclays Premier League club reportedly offered the striker a contract worth £1m a year.

Boyd’s deal at Ibrox expires at the end of the season and he has spent the best part of the last two months mulling over a possible extension.

The 26-year-old has regularly made noises about prolonging his stay at Rangers but it seems his head has been turned by Birmingham’s offer and will move to St Andrews where he will be reunited with Alex McLeish, the man who signed him for Rangers from Kilmarnock, and Barry Ferguson, his former Ibrox team-mate.

Rangers are now faced with the prospect of losing one of their key players for nothing just a year after Birmingham bid £3.5m to sign Boyd but were rebuffed by the player. “A contract offer was made to Kris quite some time ago and he hasn’t come back to anyone at the club to say he wishes to sign the contract he was offered, or even ask for more money,” said an Ibrox insider.

“At the time, he was informed the offer made was as much as Rangers could stretch to. But obviously that will still fall short of the other offers from English clubs because of the financial resources down there.”

Boyd is one of six Rangers players out of contract. Steven Smith and Nacho Novo are also expected to leave in the summer, while uncertainty surrounds the futures of David Weir, DaMarcus Beasley and Kirk Broadfoot. Rangers are also expected to consider any reasonable offers for Kyle Lafferty.

How true is this???

this should have went in the other Boyd thread :craphead:

But i will say it again, If his heart is not in it for playing for Rangers, then he should not be here, as a big fan of Boyd i would hate to see him go but if hasnt got the desire to play for us then Bye Bye Boyd

this should have went in the other Boyd thread :craphead:

But i will say it again, If his heart is not in it for playing for Rangers, then he should not be here, as a big fan of Boyd i would hate to see him go but if hasnt got the desire to play for us then Bye Bye Boyd

put perfectly (tu)

I'm getting pretty pissed off with this saga tbh.If I was a Rangers fan playing for the club in our present financial predicament and I wanted to go to Birmingham or any other club for the money, I would have told Wattie I was not staying but I would have signed a new contract in January that would have enabled Rangers to get some money back in the next transfer window. I'm sure if big Eck really wanted Boyd he would have done the secret handshake with Wattie on it.

If he goes he goes.In the words of the great oracle...We will take it on the chin and move on.:blush:

KRIS BOYD last night insisted he's focused on Rangers and NOT on the verge of signing for Birmingham City.

Blues boss Alex McLeish wants to land the Ibrox hitman on a pre-contract agreement.

Reports claimed Eck had made a £1m-a-year offer Boyd was ready to sign.

SunSport understands Boyd, 26, has rejected the Premier League club's TWO previous offers to snare him.

He insisted he was no nearer to deciding his future.

Boyd said: "Right now I'm only thinking about Rangers.

"There is obviously going to be some speculation about my future but as things stand I have made no decision.

"I have put everything to the back of my mind until the end of the season."

Boyd, on 24 goals for the season and just one away from retaining his SunSport Golden Boot, is desperate to shun all talk of a move.

It remains to be seen whether the proposed Andrew Ellis £33m offer for Gers materialises.

If that happens it seems certain the new regime would make holding on to him a priority.

There will also be other options for Boyd with the likes of Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also keen on him.

He said: "At the moment I am 100 per cent focused on Rangers and 100 per cent committed to Rangers.

"I have not been pleased with my form since I have returned from injury so that's all I'm concentrating on. We have big games coming up and that's all I'm thinking about - nothing else."

Rangers are still hopeful Boyd will sign a new deal to keep him at Ibrox.

Chief Executive Martin Bain has tabled an offer but Boyd wants to hold tight until the end of the season.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2917856/Kris-in-Blues-focus.html#ixzz0jtldrHka

Graeme Macpherson

Published on 1 Apr 2010

Kris Boyd is set to leave Rangers for Birmingham City this summer after the Barclays Premier League club reportedly offered the striker a contract worth £1m a year.

Boyd’s deal at Ibrox expires at the end of the season and he has spent the best part of the last two months mulling over a possible extension.

The 26-year-old has regularly made noises about prolonging his stay at Rangers but it seems his head has been turned by Birmingham’s offer and will move to St Andrews where he will be reunited with Alex McLeish, the man who signed him for Rangers from Kilmarnock, and Barry Ferguson, his former Ibrox team-mate.

Rangers are now faced with the prospect of losing one of their key players for nothing just a year after Birmingham bid £3.5m to sign Boyd but were rebuffed by the player. “A contract offer was made to Kris quite some time ago and he hasn’t come back to anyone at the club to say he wishes to sign the contract he was offered, or even ask for more money,” said an Ibrox insider.

“At the time, he was informed the offer made was as much as Rangers could stretch to. But obviously that will still fall short of the other offers from English clubs because of the financial resources down there.”

Boyd is one of six Rangers players out of contract. Steven Smith and Nacho Novo are also expected to leave in the summer, while uncertainty surrounds the futures of David Weir, DaMarcus Beasley and Kirk Broadfoot. Rangers are also expected to consider any reasonable offers for Kyle Lafferty.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/boyd-and-mcleish-poised-for-reunion-1.1017830?localLinksEnabled=false

Kris Boyd comments:

Kris Boyd has insisted he has not agreed to go anywhere and is totally focused on helping Rangers to the title after reports yesterday stated that he had concluded a deal with Birmingham City.

It was suggested strongly in certain quarters that the SPL's top scorer had already agreed to be reunited with Alex McLeish and Barry Ferguson.

A Rangers contract offer is on the table and Boyd says he will make his decision at the end of the campaign.

Boyd said: "Right now I'm only thinking about Rangers.

"There is obviously going to be some speculation about my future but as things stand I have made no decision.

"I have put everything to the back of my mind until the end of the season.

"At the moment I am 100 per cent focused on Rangers and 100 per cent committed to Rangers."

The 26-year-old striker reckons his form has not been what it should be since returning from groin surgery.

He has been stuck on 99 SPL goals for Rangers for five games and was replaced at halt-time in Wednesday's 4-1 defeat by St Johnstone.

"I have not been pleased with my form since I have returned from injury so that's all I'm concentrating on," he told The Sun..

"We have big games coming up and that's all I'm thinking about - nothing else."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100402/boyd-im-focused-on-gers_2254024_2012731

The fans deserve to know what he's thinking, just because he's not signed any contract doesn't mean he hasn't already made his mind up, I for one think he'll be gone at the end of the season and if he does, he can go fuck himself.

From the birmingham city official site

Blues boss Alex McLeish today dismissed Scottish newspaper reports suggesting that Rangers striker Kris Boyd was on the verge of agreeing to join Blues.

The Scottish international is out of contract with the Gers in June and McLeish is a long time admirer of the forward.

"We spoke to him but that was a few weeks ago and it seems to have gone a little bit quiet," said the Blues boss.

"It is still ongoing, but he is talking to other clubs.

"I said that three weeks ago and that is still the case.

"I know Boyd would like to play for me again but it is what has got to be right for him and his family.

"We are working on a number of things now but I don't like discussing our business publicly."

Comments from the player himself seem to suggest that Boyd is unlikely to make a decision for several weeks.

"Right now I'm only thinking about Rangers," said Boyd.

"I have put everything to the back of my mind until the end of the season.

"At the moment I am 100 per cent focused on Rangers and 100 per cent committed to Rangers."

It's a sad indictment that our top scorer of the last few seasons wasn't tied up to a cast iron contract months ago. What the fuck have we become as a club? I know we are in dire straits financially at the moment, but how much would it cost to replace him next season? Nobody presenty at the club will get the goals he does for us.